Too Many Fuglies On Match.com???

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomniac
I do get the fat girls e-mailing me, but only about a third. Another third seems to be 30-40yo divorcees, and the last third women who fit all my requirements listedd. My only complaint is there aren't more brunettes in the area.
Same here on all points....

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Same here on all points....
Do you complain that there aren't more brunettes in the area too???

I to notice too bad trends: eiter women are unacceptably fat, or they are too skinny - they probably sit on a diet, workout, gain no mucles and look like they are starving...not good.
Thats not attractive at all.

Where are all those average gals with Marilyn Monroe physique? lol

chronic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually find the internet suits me well since I rarely have time to meet women out in the real world. It sort of brings them to me.

The problem with internet dating is that it is only good for a certain type of person....You MUST be good looking and you have to be able to write well. For those that do not have it in the looks department, the internet is a bad place since you're charisma is not readily apparent on the internet.

The internet is also worth a shot for shy, introspective guys since rejection seems a lot less painful over the net.

The main problem I've noticed with internet dating is that sometimes you may be corresponding with too many women and you forget who you've e-mailed and what you've said.

However, the internet is an undeniable resource. It is too big of a pool to ignore. Combined with meeting women at clubs, classes, through friends and also the internet, a guy should never be without someone to keep him company.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she hates writing long e-mails and would rather cut to the chase...all good with me. Still, a exchanging a couple e-mails is good so I can see if she can spell and has some level of intelligence. Meeting up with her on Tuesday.
My fears were unfounded...she was hot! The first woman I've met off the internet in a long time that I was extremely attracted to. Not skinny, not fat, and beautiful face. I feel bad, she had to go to work and ended up losing track of time and being late. Gave me a coy "we'll talk again?" when we parted. But, who knows what that means. She seemed interested. Anyway, will definitely try to get together with her again.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chronic

The problem with internet dating is that it is only good for a certain type of person....
1. You MUST be good looking and
2. you have to be able to write well. For those that do not have it in the looks department, the internet is a bad place since you're charisma is not readily apparent on the internet.

3. The internet is also worth a shot for shy, introspective guys since rejection seems a lot less painful over the net.
1. What makes you think you have to be good looking? As if an ugly guy would have better chances in real world??
You have to have a goo pic! being good-looking is not necessary.
Even if you are like 2, you can get a very good pic - but it require energy - eithr your work (to take 100 pics and choose one) or pay to some professional photographer.

2. Not true at all. Women do not care if you are English major who can write well. They want to feel some excitement.. so you have to learn how to do some flirting, be a little bit creative with what you write, come up with something funny...
For example I can't write at all, but eventually I learnt some of that stuff that help me tremendously.

3. Seems true. Also true for busy guys. FOr people who are not very social, who do not have lots of friends... well seem it is good for MANY types of guys.

But it is drastically different from real approaches of course: youhave to be funny, you have to flirt with her, you have to be a little bit creative... so it does matter what you say, and it requires some work to come up with that stuff.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
Do you complain that there aren't more brunettes in the area too???

I to notice too bad trends: eiter women are unacceptably fat, or they are too skinny - they probably sit on a diet, workout, gain no mucles and look like they are starving...not good.
Thats not attractive at all.

Where are all those average gals with Marilyn Monroe physique? lol
Yep, I have an affinity for either green or prown eyed brunettes. But alas, I am in the land of blue eyed, blond Swedes you bet'cha.

We have an abundance of overweight women but luckily there has been a surge of women moving in from the west coast. Very active and shapely however still a bunch of blonds. Gotta find some women from the east coast I guess.

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ulrick or anyone else that's encountered this:

Here's what worries me about myspace. The comments/friend list are visible to anyone who clicks on your profile. If you're sending out tons of emails, eventually you're going to have girls who are interested in you questioning your honesty because 10 other chicks are leaving "I love you" comments on your profile. Plus, if a girl I'm working on sees I have 50+ hot chicks on my friends list, isn't the common sense light bulb going to at least flicker in their cranium that I might be playing the field a bit?

How do you guys deal w/ these issues? Off the net, it's a bit easier to keep your private issues private. On myspace, your issues can easily get public FAST.

chronic

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. What makes you think you have to be good looking? As if an ugly guy would have better chances in real world??
You have to have a goo pic! being good-looking is not necessary.
Even if you are like 2, you can get a very good pic - but it require energy - eithr your work (to take 100 pics and choose one) or pay to some professional photographer.

2. Not true at all. Women do not care if you are English major who can write well. They want to feel some excitement.. so you have to learn how to do some flirting, be a little bit creative with what you write, come up with something funny...
For example I can't write at all, but eventually I learnt some of that stuff that help me tremendously.

3. Seems true. Also true for busy guys. FOr people who are not very social, who do not have lots of friends... well seem it is good for MANY types of guys.

But it is drastically different from real approaches of course: youhave to be funny, you have to flirt with her, you have to be a little bit creative... so it does matter what you say, and it requires some work to come up with that stuff.

-Who has a better chance of having a nice pic? An ugly guy or a good-looking guy? In the real world, an ugly guy can use other attributes like charisma and social proof etc.

-That's not exactly what I meant. Someone with good writing skill can easily express his thoughts on paper. Of course, if he lacks creativity then it's not going to work either however, he must be able to portray his thoughts clearly to his audience. Most of the women worth talking to do not like people who can't communicate a simple thought. Being a good writer on the internet is akin to being an eloquent speaker in real life--it definitely helps.

-Yup, and since I'm a busy guy I really find it to be a convenient way to meet people.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chronic
-Who has a better chance of having a nice pic? An ugly guy or a good-looking guy? In the real world, an ugly guy can use other attributes like charisma and social proof etc.

-That's not exactly what I meant. Someone with good writing skill can easily express his thoughts on paper. Of course, if he lacks creativity then it's not going to work either however, he must be able to portray his thoughts clearly to his audience. Most of the women worth talking to do not like people who can't communicate a simple thought. Being a good writer on the internet is akin to being an eloquent speaker in real life--it definitely helps.
1. I can easily take a bad pic of a good-looking person :) My point is you have to work on your pic anyway, and you can easily appear more good-looking than you really are.
in real life you can't modify you looks much.
You probably never worked on your pics - if you take just 3-5 pics, sure it is goin to be hard to pick a good one. You need hundreds of pics. Or help of some professional.

2. Still it is not clear what you mean by "good writing skills".
I think you don't need any writing skills, you just have to be funny, ****y, flirt and be unique i.e. differ from other guys.
Thats not about writing.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Yep, I have an affinity for either green or prown eyed brunettes. But alas, I am in the land of blue eyed, blond Swedes you bet'cha.
For a woman, you are so easy to please...
Just buy her a bottle of dye and color contacts :D

It scares me a bit... especially if a girl wants "dark and handsome guy". I have never thought men could feel same way, i.e. be attracted to some color-attributes?

chronic

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. I can easily take a bad pic of a good-looking person :) My point is you have to work on your pic anyway, and you can easily appear more good-looking than you really are.
in real life you can't modify you looks much.
You probably never worked on your pics - if you take just 3-5 pics, sure it is goin to be hard to pick a good one. You need hundreds of pics. Or help of some professional.

I think you don't need any writing skills, you just have to be funny, ****y, flirt and be unique i.e. differ from other guys.
Thats not about writing.
-Well my statements weren't necessarily about myself. I was just saying that the internet might be difficult for some guys. I mean, I skim past unattractive women all the time. But I get your point. Even models take hundreds of pictures to take perfect shots.

-Let's agree to disagree on the second point.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats not about writing.
this makes absolutely no sense. how would one express these things, without having good writing skills?

here's a dorkwad's "about me" profile from myspace...he has 1,200 "friends", 99% are chicks...i guess chicks that are interested in a neanderthal. he's alpha all the way, and i bet he's pulling a ton of pvssy, online and offline. i also bet he gets very few second dates.

you would think that a guy like this, who would 'bust a chick's ****in head through a window' would be very unattractive, and no chick would add him, let alone put favorable comments on his page. aside from the fact that he cannot string a sentance together. and he claims to have a graduate degree? lol.

interesting....

-------

moved to oc not long ago from nyc. Im a true romantic Ill wine you Ill dine you Ill even sing you a romantic song then Ill drink to much wine put you in a head lock and bust your ****in head through a window. IM A NEW YORKER OF COURSE IM AN *******. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, YOU MUST MISTAKE ME FOR SOMONE WHO ACTUALLY GIVES A ****. APPERENTLY OUT HERE IN CALI THEY LOVE TH NYC ACCENT AND **** ITS BEEN DOING WONDERS FOR ME WORKING AT THE CLUB. THANK YOU LADIES FOR BEING INTO REAL MEN NOT LIKE THESE METROSEXUAL GUYS OUT IN CALI. JUST BECAUSE THE NIGHTS IM PREMOTING DOES MEAN I WONT HELP THE BOUNCERS OUT SO GUYS IF YOU ACT UP ILL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF AND FEED THEM TO YOU. Just a quick advertisment for myself If anyone is looking to Refi or a home loan feel free and email me and at the samme time If anyone would like to be added to my guest list for thursday or friday also email me. I wont reveal the name of the club just for the fact I dont need a 100 people comming up to the door saying Im on the guest list all I will say its one of the top 5 clubs in LA.

--------

nevertheless, more power to him. you wouldn't be able to put stuff like this up on yahoo or myspace.

Last edited:

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
The above guy works at a club, which is a notch below a celebrity to a female. When you work at a club, your opening line could easily be "Hi, I'd like a BJ when you get a chance. Thanks." He'd bat .800 with that line too.

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I received this message in my myspace inbox yesterday:

" I liked your profile and would love to talk some more and maybe exchange some pics...or even meet up if you'd like? I would defenitely be into it. Anyway, have a good evening and maybe we'll meet sometime this weekend? Hope to talk to you soon!
love kylie:) "

Then I read her profile:

" I am a carefree, down-to-earth kinda girl, just looking to have a good time. I enjoy hanging out, people-watching, and most importantly, meeting and having my way with chill, relaxed guys. I am up for trying almost anything once, and I always leave my inhibitions at the door. Life is too short not to enjoy it, so I try to soak up all of life that I can. I am a very adventurous girl, who loves foreplay and exploring fantasies, I am all about satisfying carnal desires, we are sexual beings for a reason! (Sometimes I am a little voyeuristic too, which can always be fun!) "

Now, am I wrong to think this has to be fake? She only has one pic on her profile and I don't trust it because it's black and white and not a full body shot. Even if I was to get a few more pics, this has to be fake? The whole "love kylie" scares me because it doesn't fit the ideal "just looking to bang" chick. Opinions?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Melvin
I received this message in my myspace inbox yesterday:

" I liked your profile and would love to talk some more and maybe exchange some pics...or even meet up if you'd like? I would defenitely be into it. Anyway, have a good evening and maybe we'll meet sometime this weekend? Hope to talk to you soon!
love kylie:) "

Then I read her profile:

" I am a carefree, down-to-earth kinda girl, just looking to have a good time. I enjoy hanging out, people-watching, and most importantly, meeting and having my way with chill, relaxed guys. I am up for trying almost anything once, and I always leave my inhibitions at the door. Life is too short not to enjoy it, so I try to soak up all of life that I can. I am a very adventurous girl, who loves foreplay and exploring fantasies, I am all about satisfying carnal desires, we are sexual beings for a reason! (Sometimes I am a little voyeuristic too, which can always be fun!) "

Now, am I wrong to think this has to be fake? She only has one pic on her profile and I don't trust it because it's black and white and not a full body shot. Even if I was to get a few more pics, this has to be fake? The whole "love kylie" scares me because it doesn't fit the ideal "just looking to bang" chick. Opinions?
could be a fake...could be a hottie...could be a fagg@t. you never know. try to get some more pics. get her ("her", lol) number to first find out if she's a chick! then meet her somewhere for 15 minutes.

that's all you can do.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a woman, you are so easy to please...
Just buy her a bottle of dye and color contacts :D
You make me wonder if I could convince some of these women to do that.... That's something to consider.....

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Met the shy girl from match last night. Too many fuglies on match? Not this one...25 yo, slender, brown hair and brown eyes. Funny all the resemblences to my ex....same college, same age, same quirks.

Met for a drink. It was pretty boring. I ask her something, she answers, and then she asks the exact same question back to me. It seemed to be going nowhere and I was ready to give up and call it a night, but on the way out she asked to go get a drink. So, took her to an place with outdoor patio overlooking the skyline. She finally loosened up when I started telling stories about my family, growing up, and other things about my life. Her demeanor changed and she came out of her shell. Got more flirty, she started touching me and we demonstrated martial arts we knew on each other, even developed some inside jokes. Should have ended it there on a high note, but I think I dragged it out just a little too long by going to play pool with her afterwards. Lesson learned yet again...end the night when it's going great.

Assuming it getting a little boring at the end didn't completely kill the attraction, everything else went well. Will write or call her back in a few days and see what happens.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met the shy girl from match last night. Too many fuglies on match? Not this one...25 yo, slender, brown hair and brown eyes. Funny all the resemblences to my ex....same college, same age, same quirks.

Met for a drink. It was pretty boring. I ask her something, she answers, and then she asks the exact same question back to me. It seemed to be going nowhere and I was ready to give up and call it a night, but on the way out she asked to go get a drink. So, took her to an place with outdoor patio overlooking the skyline. She finally loosened up when I started telling stories about my family, growing up, and other things about my life. Her demeanor changed and she came out of her shell. Got more flirty, she started touching me and we demonstrated martial arts we knew on each other, even developed some inside jokes. Should have ended it there on a high note, but I think I dragged it out just a little too long by going to play pool with her afterwards. Lesson learned yet again...end the night when it's going great.

Assuming it getting a little boring at the end didn't completely kill the attraction, everything else went well. Will write or call her back in a few days and see what happens.
yeah...a lot of times, esp with internet chicks i've discovered, you shouldn't eject so quickly. sometimes it takes a while to get them out of their shell.

don't sweat the high note stuff--that's a 'rule' where there are as many exceptions as there are instances of occurence.

and besides, you can manufacture a high note any time you wish, with a little creativity.

you're walking back to her place, you know it's about to end, you have a good vibe going on with her, there's been some previous teasing, flirting, etc...and you want a high note?

just trip her while you're walking back to her door. :cheer:

i bet this would have worked wonders with this particular chick. theeeen when she turns back around, you're in your karate stance, ready for some playful wrestling.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
yeah...a lot of times, esp with internet chicks i've discovered, you shouldn't eject so quickly. sometimes it takes a while to get them out of their shell....
If you guys are meeting such boring women, what the hell was it about their profile that made you interested in pursuing them?

Casino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is rick still here?

did you ever do that Myspace experiment?

I read your old thread but that seemed to turn into a flame war. if your interested in doing it let me know..

jason2020@gmail.com

i've already got my picture up and am getting some good responses but am having trouble breaking through the infastructure and really getting deep into the community..right now im definitely on the fringe.

hit me up Rick.