Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too Many Fuglies On Match.com???

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i swore i would never pay for an online site, but what the hell? went to match.com and made a dummy profile (freebe), just to poke around.

did a search 20 miles within my zip, 23-28 y/o, white, hispanic, or pacific, "slender" or "in shape", and other criteria. scanned through 50 pages (that's 500 profiles).

i only saw about 10 that i would consider contacting, based upon looks. that's about 2%. wtf?

now i'm wondering if the 12.99 for 6 months deal is even worth it?

there are WAY more hotties on myspace, which of course is free, and you can basically do whatever you want as far as your profile and pics.

it's not the money, it's the hassle. thinking about doing it anyway, and just let them respond and/or spend as little time as poss on match.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you're way too cool for this earth. Why don't you try searching for a girl within the same general age group as yourself?

But just as an aside, you're precisely the reason why guys like me are so successful on places like match... because all the young ones are tired of the same lame-a$$ emails from creepy OLD dudes like you! Thanks! :up:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, not all of us are creepy!!!! :cuss:

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
Sounds like you're way too cool for this earth. Why don't you try searching for a girl within the same general age group as yourself?

But just as an aside, you're precisely the reason why guys like me are so successful on places like match... because all the young ones are tired of the same lame-a$$ emails from creepy OLD dudes like you! Thanks! :up:
why don't you go pizz on yourself. i'll search for any chicks i want.

prick.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't we all keep this civil.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by One on One
I find tons of hot women on match.com, although I haven't signed up yet. Here's a tip I use. Make your search broad. For body type, pick slender, athletic, normal, and curvy.
Dude, you must not live in the Midwest. Around here anything that isn't slender is:

athletic = has forearms large enough to bench press sequoias

normal = the normal size of a mid-sized pickup

curvy = has curves like the Michelin Man

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound upset...

I was trying to be nice and thank you and this is what I get? :(

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck judging by body type they have listed. Better for them to have a few recent full body shots.

My experience over the last year (listed body type vs. how they were in person)

Slender -> A few extra pounds (slim upper body, but huge ass!)
Athletic -> Athletic
Athletic -> Average
Slender -> Slender
Athletic -> Slender
Athletic -> A few extra pounds (again slim body, but huge ass)
Athletic -> Slender
Athletic -> Average
Athletic -> Athletic
Slender-> Slender
Athletic -> Slender
Athletic -> Full-figured (WTF?)
Average -> Full-figured
Athletic -> Slender
Average -> Slender (borderline anorexic...could see her ribs)
Average -> Average
Slender -> Slender
Slender -> Slender

About all I can remember for now. There were three that completely misrepresented their body types, but the rest were fairly accurate.

This is how I interpret body type now:

- Slender = slender. This seems to be the most reliable one. I'm thinking most women will know that stating slender while being overweight won't fly, so if they list it they mean it (except for the small percentage who blatantly lie)

- Average = just about anything. Unless she has full body pictures I assume overweight

- Athletic = slender or athletic. or overweight but she works out and feels that makes it OK to list her body as athletic.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when a chick calls another chick "skinny" it means she's in shape. when we hear that, it's anorexic.

nowadays, i think "slim" would best describe "in shape".

normal = 30lbs overweight--the "average" chick today is something like 5'5, 155lbs. "a few extra pounds" means a few extra ON TOP of the 30lbs.

curvy = fat

BBW = cow

"athletic" seems to be the winner, my experience too. if they're too skinny, they're not athletic. if too fat, not athletic. if athletic, they're most likely in shape.

midwest chicks are fat. was pretty shocked actually (ohio). they don't seem to have much of a problem walking around with their bellies hanging out of their WAY too tight low rise jeans.

Last edited:

carryout kid

Don Juan
Reaction score
i felt like match.com was a waste of money. i got maybe two dates out of the three months i was on it. and they looked quite a bit different from their photos. i think the pics were old.

anyway, it seems like in smaller cities (i'm in indianapolis) there's not a lot of talent on these internet sites. maybe 5 percent of these girls are even worth writing to, in my opinion. and i'm just talking about girls who aren't ugly or fat. that's it. i wasn't looking for models here, just something to pass the time. and i wasn't even that picky on my search requirements. i pretty much specified a girl who was anything under "curvy (because that means the size of a truck)", between 5' and 5'-10", and no kids. the only thing i was specific about was the age range. i had it set to between 22 and 28.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE
I WANT FR's PROFESSOR!!!:cheer:

:rockon:
i fukked a smokin' hot 25 year old on the 4th, you know the story. off of yahoo.

still fukking that other REALLY smokin' youngin' w the masters degree. she's LTR material. off of craigslist.

two mid-twenties in the pipe and forthwith methinks. off of myspace.

acceptable? :)

is this acceptable to you drZaius09? the 'creepy' old, lame a$$ man that you speak of, who loses all the young chicks to you?

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're all heroes when we write our own histories.

And if it were true (which I doubt) I would only feel sorry for you, because it sounds like you have way, way, waaaaayyy too much time on your hands. Desperately coveting approval from the rest of the board is also pretty sad, "methinks." DOOSH!

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Dude, you must not live in the Midwest. Around here anything that isn't slender is:

athletic = has forearms large enough to bench press sequoias

normal = the normal size of a mid-sized pickup

curvy = has curves like the Michelin Man

LOL! Francisco, those midwest (minnesota,wisconsin,illinois) women are brutal:D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by white sox bill
LOL! Francisco, those midwest (minnesota,wisconsin,illinois) women are brutal:D
I will say that there are still a bunch of hotties in Chicago, but I would fear to tread in southern Illinois. I've been doing pretty well with west coast transplants though. I sure enjoy the little sporty import models much more than the huge utility vehicles. :p

malandro

Reaction score
You guys are too funny.

Not to rub it in, but one of the advantages of living in Europe is that beautiful, intelligent women who are in shape and dress well are available by the truckloads.

But as someone who used to live in the Midwest, let's just say I sympathize.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by One on One
off ****ing craigslist?? Are you kidding me....all I see there are fuglies.
i've nailed three, all of whom were better than the handful of hotties out the 500 that i saw on match. hot ones don't post.

but yes, most on CL are as fugly as it gets.

they responded to my post, btw.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
We're all heroes when we write our own histories.

And if it were true (which I doubt) I would only feel sorry for you, because it sounds like you have way, way, waaaaayyy too much time on your hands. Desperately coveting approval from the rest of the board is also pretty sad, "methinks." DOOSH!
certain people on this board know what i am about. you don't, so please be quiet and take the attitude, and the negativity, to the main board.

what you have failed to realize is that you've offended more than half of the guys, eh hem, men, on this particular board with your first comment...those who are my age AND who bag mid-twenties chicks exclusively.

i don't give FR's buddy. but one was requested by L!VE and i provided a quick summary.

for your information on my FR attitude and how i am desperately coveting approval...

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=706029#post706029

so again, please be quiet

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by malandro
You guys are too funny.

Not to rub it in, but one of the advantages of living in Europe is that beautiful, intelligent women who are in shape and dress well are available by the truckloads.

But as someone who used to live in the Midwest, let's just say I sympathize.
Spain or Italy, that's where I'd be. Soon, though. Very soon.... :yes:

Tboner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know about Match, but I'm on Yahoo. You upper midwestern guys' definitions continue down to southern Indiana.

Other translations of women's online statements:

I Have a big heart = and a body like a whale to go with it.

Want to be friends first = LJBF. I'm really looking for drones to serve the queen.

Looking for Mr. Right = I am still living in the little girl, storybook fantasy.

Just got out of bad relationship = I have ultra low self esteem.

Looking for a nice guy = Want a man to support me and my four kids.

Someone to love me for who I am = Someone who will put up with my laziness, nagging, lack of cleanliness and irresponsible spending habits.