Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too Many Fuglies On Match.com???

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
Were those #'s real? Were they BBWs? Cougars? Russian brides?

Most women don't even pay for the subscription so they cannot reply to a wink with a #.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. What have you got for us Francisco?
You think that's extraordinary? It's just a fricken' phone number. To tell you the truth, I take all of that with a grain of salt until I meet them. I feel that if we've already traded emails, talking on the phone (other than setting up a date) is a waste of time.

But as for your question, yes they were real. Some were cougars, MILFs, HBs and Teenie Boppers BBWs. No Russian brides yet though. I don't worry about it though. I have to see a few pictures (preferably a full body shot) before I gain any interest what so ever. Hey, I'm the first to admit that I'm a superficial b@stard. :D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomniac

I could think about how I may have screwed up, but I really don't think I did with this one. That's just what happens somtimes. Too much effort trying to communicate with her....and I'm sensing I'd eventually lose interest in her anyway.
Nah, you did fine. I've learned that women will either dig you immediately or you will have to depend on luck. Women will go out with a guy a few times to see if anything will click. That's your situation.
Still, she had a lot of qualities I thought of as perfect. I consider this a loss. Even though it was a pain and effort to get along with her. Yes, I'd developed some feelings for her. But, that will all pass in time.
Look at what you said. It sounds as if you didn't click with her immediately, she had to grow on you too. Seriously, how much did you get to learn about her? Do you think in the long run her personality would have grown on you? Would it be worth the effort? Do you think that you could have changed her? See a similarity to what women do? It that really what you would want to do?

Don't wait for time to let this pass. Sarge on, make an effort to focus your energy on other women. "All life is an experient"

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Experiment." The man was a Harvard grad, he knew how to spell.

I still don't believe any attractive woman sent you her # unsolicited online... Even the ug's rarely pay the subscription. Are you sure you didn't make that up?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I still don't believe any attractive woman sent you her # unsolicited online... Even the ug's rarely pay the subscription. Are you sure you didn't make that up?
Well luckily my purpose in life does not include proving anything to you. Believe it or not, my life will go on quite well without your discerning approval...

I get tired of AFCs who are pissed off because of their lack of success and need someone to show them how its done or prove it to them. What would actually satisfy these guys? Maybe doing something completely AFC like posting the email with the woman's number I guess. :rolleyes:

Look, if you aren't an AFC I'll take your word for it even though your posts led me to think otherwise. If you are a DJ, go out and try what I suggested. It's not that difficult if you can write a good profile, take a better than average picture and qualify the right type of woman. You are a DJ, right?

Last edited:

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
AFF and Erocity are famous for doing this. i seriously doubt that match and yahoo would do such a thing. way too risky, esp. for the latter company.

al77, what you are mentioning is dead or inactive profiles. they're not "fake" per se.
I was a yahoo personals user for the last 2 months. I unsubscribed - but about 2 weeks before my subscription ran out I got 2 emails from 20-22 yo hotties saying hi. There was something weird about their profiles - like they were just out for a good time and every category for their match just said "any." My hunch it was a ruse to get me to pay again and renew.

Yahoo worked the best for me, as you can instantly see a pic of the person who send you an email. On match, you gotta have an eyecatching headline to get them to open you message and then view your profile. If you have an attractive pic, yahoo lets you get their attention right away.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaddXMan
... There was something weird about their profiles - like they were just out for a good time and every category for their match just said "any." ...
Definitely a tell tale sign of a fake ad. The bad thing about is that there are guys that would respond to it out of desperation. It's like finding a woman in a club that will go home with a guy just because he says 'hello' to her.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Definitely a tell tale sign of a fake ad. The bad thing about is that there are guys that would respond to it out of desperation. It's like finding a woman in a club that will go home with a guy just because he says 'hello' to her.
It's true. Yahoo and match do have fake ads, and I'm sure the competition is fierce. All I can say to users is don't be a sucker, and when you do a search make sure and search for users who were "active in the last week." Actually I only felt comfortable with emailing those who were only "active in the 24 hours."

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick

guys hit on her and she completely ignores them. they say hi, she walks away without a word. she's brutal but funny as hell. love it.

What a quality person.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
Get off the Internet. :p
Sure, I'll get off the internet when I stop getting laid by a different girl every other weekend. Until then, I don't seem to be having any problems with it. Maybe the rest of you guys are just boring as hell. Read my post, "Zen Continued..."

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Look at what you said. It sounds as if you didn't click with her immediately, she had to grow on you too. Seriously, how much did you get to learn about her? Do you think in the long run her personality would have grown on you? Would it be worth the effort? Do you think that you could have changed her? See a similarity to what women do? It that really what you would want to do?

Don't wait for time to let this pass. Sarge on, make an effort to focus your energy on other women. "All life is an experient"
Yeah, I'm seeing more now though I was physically attracted to her, it was just too much work to try to talk with her. I've become a fairly good conversationalist, but still, I can't carry the conversation 100% of the time. Maybe that's what she needs...some guy who'll run his mouth off the entire time and entertain her. Quite a contrast to this other woman who I've been out with a few times...it's just natural and fun the entire time with no effort...if only that situation weren't so complicated.

Have a few new women in the pipeline. Meeting a recent law grad tomorrow. Don't know how that will go. She sounds high-maintainance, but otherwise intelligent and fits my physical preference.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm seeing more now though I was physically attracted to her, it was just too much work to try to talk with her. I've become a fairly good conversationalist, but still, I can't carry the conversation 100% of the time. Maybe that's what she needs...some guy who'll run his mouth off the entire time and entertain her. Quite a contrast to this other woman who I've been out with a few times...it's just natural and fun the entire time with no effort...if only that situation weren't so complicated.

Have a few new women in the pipeline. Meeting a recent law grad tomorrow. Don't know how that will go. She sounds high-maintainance, but otherwise intelligent and fits my physical preference.
Sounds like you are getting it, at least understanding what characteristics you look for in a woman. That's half of being a good qualifier. The other half is making sure that you don't deviate from that and begin to settle just because a woman (who may not be your type) shows a little interest.

Keep the pipeline flowing and keep your ears open with that law grad. I've dated three who seemed completely different on the surface but their underlying or core personalities were all the same. Nothing against women lawyers, but you know that to be a good lawyer you have to be good a one specific trait... ;) (hint, hint).

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
practicing law will turn any woman into a bltch. i'd stay away
Just got back from meeting her. Didn't detect *****iness...more of the brainy nerd type. Consequently, not a lot of sex appeal. I try to tell myself I like intelligent women, but really, most of the ones I meet are just too full of themselves or too prudish.

Anyway, my previous suspicion that she came from money was correct. Both her parents are CEO's/VP's of corporations.

I wasn't that into her from this meeting, but would probably get together with her again if she makes the effort.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

LOL! WTF? I've gotten hundreds of girls #'s off the internet, some hot, some not.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
hey Dr., do you pay $ to a dating site or stick with the free ones?
Yes, of course I pay. You have to pay or you will get nowhere. But believe me, if you know what you're doing, it's worth it. :yes:

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...I wasn't that into her from this meeting, but would probably get together with her again if she makes the effort.
Let's all say it together, ready.....

:eek:NEXT!!!!!:eek:

Hey, what's the name of that book? "He's not really that into you." Come on, unless you plan on using her as a filler, why kid yourself in even putting forth a half @ssed effort for her? Is she really worth it?

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she really worth it?
NO!!! ... Wait... What were we talking about again? :cool:

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Immaculate -- Did any of them contact you first and include their #'s? That's what we were talking about. There's something strange about that.