Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
83 pages wasted on this shi*

Who gives a fuc* i mean really?

Your ugly you cant do shi* about it.

your GL so what?

Just be the best you can be! Thats all, not for women but for yourself, if your an ugly cun* then work on other areas of your life to improve, not fuc*ing brain surgery is it.

Pointless debate, women want GL men, women dont care, who really gives a shi* what women want its what YOU want that counts.

Men fuc* women, women fuc* men, hey shi* happens!

its like listenting to women i swear, i have read a few pages of this dribble!

Become the best you can be, thats all!

You guys can worry about the stud in the corner!
Me well i have too many girls to talk to, to be worrying what is going on with that stud! Rather frankly, women are about as fussy as YOU are!

GL guys fuc* ugly women too, shock horror.

Living your life to a women ideal or WORLD will only fuc* your head up, stop debating this cra* and do what you want to do, without slotting into the box of 'WHAT do WOMEN want ME to DO'! who gives a shi*, any man can get a women, or high quality of women ANY MAN i dont care how fuc*ing warped you are, there is always a way.

Reaction score
jonwon said:
Proof any man if he works hard enough can get laid.

If you want a LTR, well try not to be a uber geek!

http://yeeeah.com/blog/2006/10/19/stephen-hawking-to-divorce/

Stephan Hawkins, how many women as this guy had.

You cant get any:
Uglier.
Physically disabled then that.

So come on!

Though it does make one wonder how the hell they get it on!

hmm...not exactly a credible website. also, that wife of his is ugly as hell, and it's not like she married him cuz of his game, it was for the money. I never said that b1tches wont go for that either.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I decided to close this thread. There are many arguments here for and against.

Nothing new has been posted on this 80 page thread and nothing has been proven either way.

I myself have a friend who is only a 5 in the looks dept but he consistantly pulls HB8's & HB9's with no problem. He has charm and great body language. Those 2 qualities compensate for his average looks. I've seen HB9's with ug guys all the time.

On the other hand I have a friend who looks like a model. Women throw themselves at him. But some women avoid him because they think that "he is so handsome that he must already be taken". Some women also feel intimidated by his looks. They feel that they are not worthy. He loses out sometimes because of his good looks.

Again, it was a good discussion but now it is going round and round with no end.

Thread Closed.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I read it.

The comments by the female commentors in that blog are definitely consistent with the idea that looks are in fact important to women. Even some of the comments by some male posters were consistent too (ie the one guy that said he's heard women talk about doing dirty things to buff guys, I too have observed this and is actually one peice of evidence used for my arguement. see guys, you just cant make this stuff up!!)

As for the name of this post, looks VS personality. They both matter. But many fools on this forum beleive looks dont, as if it is a negligable variable. this is incorrect.

If you want to be very successful with hot gorgeous women, you have to look good to them YOU HAVE TO!

on the otherhand, you can settle for less, and you wont need to worry about how you look.

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From the comments:

i dont need a buff guy, i like mine with some meat on them :p then again, maybe it's cause i have some meat on me two and i prefer that the couple looks proportionate. i'm weird like that
Er, no, this is actually quite common (and realistic). What is uncommon is people being open about it. Also, this commenter says "couple looks proportionate", which we can translate as meaning she doesn't want someone TOO good looking for her, because he'd have too much "power" (she's afraid she couldn't keep a guy like that).

Most of my girlfriends do not like guys who are out of shape. However, a select few demand that their bf's have the six pack, toned chest, etc. As for me, as long as I'm not dating a rhinoceros I'm ok. I'm more of a face person.
That sounds like a female commenting. And she's ONLY talking about looks (face vs body). No mention of confidence anywhere in sight. Maybe she missed the memo? :D

A while back I went on a few dates with a guy who was super-fit and very muscular. And while I have to admit that he looked good, I didn't like it much. He was always working out, choosing to be at the gym over spending time with me.
That is such BS. Who the fkk ALWAYS works out? Even if the guy is some gymrat nutcase, he's still not gonna be working out more than 2hrs a day.

But even if he was, so what? ANYONE with a passion for ANTYHING is gonna spend quite a bit of time doing that thing. Most of them probably devote MORE time than the gym fanatic to their passions.

Maybe this is just what chicks who get dumped by buff, ripped, athletic guys have to tell themselves to feel better.

The fact of the matter is, most people (both men and women) have to work hard and spend a lot of time working out/watching what they eat to LOOK very fit.
Actually, no. Very fit people have a pretty EASY time deciding what to eat. That's because they tend to know their foods pretty well and tend to plan their meals in advance. "Foodies" (restaurant buffs) are the ones who take forever to decide what to eat (and where to go) and are always talking about food.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
About 70% of the girls on that link missed the Memo from Deus that looks don't matter to chicks. In fact, some girls even said girls who say "looks don't matter are liars". But I guess Deus is our resident mindreader. He knows what every girl is thinking when she is looking at him and can read the minds of the ones he does'nt know. Great accomplishment!

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need a six pack or 22" arms to sleeep with girls. In fact many girls don't like guys who are too buff or fit.Even in that link it was stated! They would preffer lean and nice-looking. A girl has to be attracted to a guy. As many of us know different people have different taste in what is attractive to them.

Hence even as a guys with looks high on the priority list can disagree on who they find attractive. A girl many think is a 10, I may not see higher than a 7 and vice-versa. Some guys think girls with big-breast are hot. I know a few who find it a turn-off. Some guys think girls with big-butts are hot. I know others who like Asian girls because they have small butts.

All of these people have 1 thing in common. They have a certain preference and as long as they find their GF's attractive that is all that matters.

Most people (men and women) want to find their significant other sexually attractive. they have to kiss them and sleep with them.

A lot of guys who complain their wives and GF's don't like sex are usually wrong.The women love sex as much as we do. But usually in that case the GF does not enjoy sex and has little physical attraction to their partner. The advantage women have over guys is they have the ability to have sex without enjoying it. Hence a lot more women are willing to get together with guys for material reasons because they can fake it!

I saw 1 honest women on a talk show who was willing to admit this. The husband and therapist were trying to get to the reasons why she was fridgid. She finally opened up and said she found her husband's body unattractive. You should have seen the guy's face. then the therapist actually sat there and tried to tell her that was NOT the reason. As though she could not possibly know what was making her fridgid!

Ll Principe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets get one thing straight, the looks vs personality thread or topic will NEVER die, NEVER. Do you hear that? NEVER. It will NEVER die down.

Why?
1. Everyday someone new will enter the forums and ask this question.
2. This is spoken about constantly in world conversations between you and your friends, between you and your dog, you name it- IT GETS SPOKEN ABOUT.

Why do people constantly SHUT it down? The only reason I can think of is if a person has continued to pursue this type of question , but than he is just a moron and troll. But, to the AFC out there asking the question, let them ask? How else are they ment to learn if everyone wants to close the thread or conversation?

Yes, it gets frustrating for the PUA/DJ to see a thread like this everyday, but I guess thats part of life, hey, maybe by answering the question everyday you may learn an adjusted theory on it? One can never stop learning.

Im not preaching "for" the thread all Im saying is the people that DONT know the answer to the question should I have a fair chance to explain their thoughts HOWEVER I do say to these newbies or people will the thread starters to please read the DJ BIBLE aswell as the "Quick Tips" and "Articles" section on the homepage where Im sure you will find numerous articles about "LOOKS and PERSONALITY" and which one matters etc...

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
22" arms are beyond massive. That's pro bbuilder level, and even most of them don't reach that size. When you're talking that big, you're talking turn-off for many women. Sheesh, talk about straw men.

But anyway, yeah. Women can appreciate a fit body without REQUIRING it for sex, which the vast majority don't.
The vast majority don't require it because the vast majority can't get it -- men with lean and muscular bodies are only few.

I bet you the higher you move up the female hotness scale the more of them will require it, or require some pretty hefty compensation in other areas to make up for the lack of it. (Read an interview with a model from a local gameshow saying her taste in men was "foreign men with fantastic physiques". Sounds like a "requirement" to me.)

But let's get this straight Deus, not even body matters all that much now? Kinda like looks huh? Doesn't really do much of anything for improving a guy's odds of gettting laid, right?

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, who told you that women know exactly what they want, man?
YOU, that's who!

You're the one constantly talking about "polls" that supposedly show confidence is the main thing women want.

Maybe those women didn't know what they were talking about either, then?

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use those polls only as a form of proof to destroy the looks-matter cult.
Well, could you possibly be more evasive?

The point was that polls are demonstrative of what women SAY. Yet a couple of posts ago you were saying we should ignore what chicks on the xanga thread were saying because women "don't know what they want". Well, so why should believe women they say confidence is what they want?

I could just as easily say that women wanting looks is apparent in everything she "says, does, and carries herself". Of course, my saying it is hardly good enough, and neither is yours. So this point is neither here nor there.

It remains for you to answer why your polls mean more than what the xanga chicks said. (Or just frankly admit that you contradicted yourself and save us both the time. :D)

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you cold approached and properly macked 100 women with an average body you may end up sleeping with 20.

If you cold approached and properly macked the same 100 women with a lean muscular physique you may end up sleeping with around 50.

So yes, they do matter with regards to your odds. Approach and game will get you laid regardless and if only everyone here believed that, they would be getting laid more often

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FutureSpartan said:
If you cold approached and properly macked 100 women with an average body you may end up sleeping with 20.

If you cold approached and properly macked the same 100 women with a lean muscular physique you may end up sleeping with around 50.

So yes, they do matter with regards to your odds. Approach and game will get you laid regardless and if only everyone here believed that, they would be getting laid more often
i support looks do matter to get you in the door.

BUT!

lets say that you're "scenario" was like this

NOW

If you cold approached and properly macked 100 women with a lean muscular physique with a uncharming desperate personality you may end up sleeping with 20.

If you cold approached and properly macked the same 100 women with an average body with a charming alpha personality you may end up sleeping with around 50.
oh and first off, the word physique doesn't buy anyone... why do you use the word body as a turnoff-er and physique as a turnon-er?

you can't say such a thing as you replied with... theres simply no fact in it unless you show some statistics. anyone could make some random number up and say its real. well..... like the %72.323232 of the people on the forum do.

see i can do it too. sounds convincing, huh?

Infraction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i look pretty well after i lost 20 KG from my weight.
My weight has only slightly changed in the past year and my first 4 tries with women lead to 4 LJBF and "no" to a date request.
After these 4 failures i had 5 succses and i have a GF now.

PigAdlemPimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it wasn't important for dudes to be good looking they wouldn't go on a TV show like Extreme Makeover and endure the agony associated with having their faces cut and remoulded by a plastic surgeons knife.
It is better to be and look physically strong than like the weakest wimp, both personality and confidence are important as well.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
i support looks do matter to get you in the door.

BUT!

lets say that you're "scenario" was like this

oh and first off, the word physique doesn't buy anyone... why do you use the word body as a turnoff-er and physique as a turnon-er?

you can't say such a thing as you replied with... theres simply no fact in it unless you show some statistics. anyone could make some random number up and say its real. well..... like the %72.323232 of the people on the forum do.

see i can do it too. sounds convincing, huh?
You're overanalyzing...sure maybe my figures were random, but the idea is while I agree that looks matter, they only matter in regards to your odds in scoring.
I used that example as a controlled scenario, assuming both approached 100 women and did so with the same DJ personality. I don't know exactly how many, but I do know that, generally speaking, the more physically attractive a male, the better his chances of scoring across a wide variety of women

My emphasis however, was that the average DJ IS STILL GETTING LAID, his odds are less, but nonetheless, he is not making excuses to go out and approach the women he wants. Sure, he may get rejected more than the hunk DJ, but there are still enough women out there that find him attractive enough to f**k.

Im not disagreeing that LOOKS matter. They do...but if you're average to decent looking, confident, and aggressive in the game YOU WILL GET LAID.

The problem is that guys here take to the extreme that if you're not considered "a good-looking guy" then forget it, dont even try approaching you unattractive bastard. lol

Last edited:

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
The reason that I can say that the polls are consistent with female behavior, is because the evidence dictates as such. See the difference?

I haven't said it because the answer is obvious. My polls sampled thousands of American women from all walks of life. This "xanga" site sampled what, 20 women that have access to the internet, that visited this xanga site, that felt the need to comment on the male physique? Hardly scientific.
um, yeah, so what about the polls where men were polled asking what the number 1 quality in a woman was? Those polls too concluded personality/confidence was the sexiest quality a woman can have, YET WE KNOW MEN ACTUALLY PUT LOOKS AS NUMBER 1.

seems to me like the men being polled were being deceitful (probably to not appear shallow), so Deus, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS ISNT THE CASE FOR YOUR POLLS AS WELL?

The explanation that the women were being deceitful in their answers makes more sense than the explanation that they were being honest, since we already know the shallow men lie in those polls and when you look at the kinds of guys the hot babes are dating and other many many common observations, theres no way anyone could even buy the idea that women ARE NOT SHALLOW and that they were giving honest answers, ie confidence being the number 1 quality. despite your weak poll, we know hot women require good looking men (in their eyes) to sleep with them.

POST YOU POLL DEUS!!!! I WANT TO SEE YOUR SOURCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.