Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
El Febreezey Da Beez said:
So before this thread gets torn to shreds by a pseudo debater (we all know who), I would like to share a personal experience that I think applies great to this thread and site.

So here we go:

On New Year's Day a couple of a couple of my buddies called me up to go out drinking, and after much persuasion on their part to get me to come out (I was so hungover from the night prior), I agreed.

So we bounce around at a few bars and then hit up this nightclub. The music in there is so loud that we can't hear anything that either of us, or anyone else in the club is saying.

So about 15 minutes go by and this HB 9/10 comes out of nowhere and starts dancing with my friend Jim. Me and my friend Rick don't think much of it and we just keep doing our thing when we notice Jim is gone. So we finish up the night wondering where he went.

So the next day I call Jim up and ask what was up from the club. He told me that the girl who started dancing with him went outside with him for some fresh air, and while they were out there she asked him back to her place for so they could "talk and relax." THIS WAS SERIOUSLY JUST AFTER THEY GOT THROUGH THE PRILIMINARY INTRODUCTIONS. And boom, just like that, he was back to her place for some "fun."

Now I'm not about to go out and say Jim is a "hot guy," but women at work say he is and chicks are always staring at him when we go down the street. So my conclusion is he got laid on his looks.

There you have it, yet another example.

But is this news for anyone?

Seriously, the ammount of debate of "does look matter?" is frankly embarrassing. There shouldn't even have a debate, people! The very fact that there is should serve as evidence of how low this community has sunk.

Good looks and physical attraction should be an integral part of any good physical relationship Technically speaking, if you're ugly you shouldn't even have sex, I know this will offend some people but there ya go. It's simply not natural, for men OR women.

Don't think for an instant women are any less interested in good looks. "omg, some guy got lucky because women find him hot" "everyone is looking at the hot woman" like, whow no kidding?

I think some here don't live in reality.

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
Look...

I've mentioned this experiment I did for my own benefit.

I placed one of my guy friends who according to industry standards, modelling criteria, pop culture, his resemblence to Carmine Gotti of the Gotti boys... yes he looked like this: http://www.gottiluverz2.blinkz.com/i/albums/exqtb.500x500.jpg

I placed him in a college library on a cold winters day. The library was filled with girls 18-21 many hot, many not, many average. I made my boy sit down and pretend like hes reading something. In fact, I made him wear a hat to cover his face.

But girls could see/sense.. that what they saw of his face under this hat was gorgeous. They couldn't catch his whole face from afar, but one by one by one by one, they ALL CAME OVER. I sat by and watched as magically these girls all of a sudden had something to read and wanted to sit right next to him. Many bumped into his desk.. they couldnt control themselves.. it was all instinct... they were fighting each other for seats next to him!! And for some reason my boy didnt attract ANY medium girls, or any ugly girls. Only the hot girls were trying to get his attention. They do it so subtly too!! One pretended that she was sick and wouldnt stop coughing until my boy looked over to her. And the cooler thing was that as girls saw other girls trying to sit next to him, even those other girls wanted him more!!!

MAKE NO MISTAKE OF THIS POWER!!! THE FEW THAT HAVE IT WILL GET LAID INFINITELY MORE TIMES THAN THOSE THAT DO NOT! DO NOT LIE TO YOURSELF TO MAKE YOURSELF COMPLACENT.
Women can sense good (and conversely, bad) genes. Your story is nothing out of the ordinary actually. Seriously, since you've started to read that sentence hundred of girls have behaved like that all around the world. It's natural behavior that follows a set of patterns that is deeply rooted in our DNA with few cultural variations.

I think, since the myth that women are less interested in looks than men has been repeated for decades, it will take as long to debunk, unfortunately. Some people just need to think and see the world for themselves.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I just remembered an old roomie I had - whom girls found good-looking.

However, he was an ultra-nice, religious AFC...with no game.

BUT STILL, girls wanted to date him and finally he got snagged by a snooty, aggressive law student. Didn't matter that he was uber-nice and not a bad boy at all...or knew zip about game...they simply saw what they liked and wanted a piece of it.

Meanwhile. other more outgoing guys I knew with more game (but less looks) didn't fare nearly as well...

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good looks is the fondation, without fondations you don't have much.Now fondations without anything else is not that useful of course.

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those that date and have sex with ugly men are, let's not pretend otherwise, the women that are the least in demand, the least desirable women.

That ugly guys can score with ugly chicks is not exactly newsflash...I hope THAT wasn't the point of debate all this time.

As long as we agree that looks is the fondation and thus essantial (that's the nature of fondations) but that fondation themsleves are not enough, I think we may finally have reached an agreement! (phew!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can hang with that, although I'd rather say that personality is the foundation.

Personality can't be a foundation on the simple fact that the foundation would have to be the first intangible contact. And in this contact, the preliminary attraction is too quick for anyone to get to know somebody's personality.

My reasoning being that very few women will date men whom have very s'hitty personalities...

Hmm...I disagree. There have been too many occurrences where I have seen a HB dating a guy who is a complete A'sshole to her.

But how many average to ugly guys with awesome personalities, soaring confidence, and immaculate game have never had sex? Exactly.

How the hell do you know what immaculate game is anyways? Aren't you a self-professed AFC? You wouldn't be able to recognize immaculate game from terrible game.

Reaction score
Aprenti$playa&pimp said:
LJC said:
So as long as I'm good looking, if I'm a Brad Pitt clone, then I should have a free pass to do whatever I want. I could drop out of school in the eigth grade, live in mommy's basement, drive a 20 year old piece of sh-t with an exhaust leak, fart at will, scratch my balls, spit, cuss, smoke, get piss drunk and smack women around, insult her family, spend all of her money, f-ck her and leave her unsatisfied, f-ck her friends and leave them unsatisfied and kick her in the crotch when she doesn't make me a sandwhich. I can do all of that. Because, dude, only looks matter. Oo yeah, I'm gettin laid.
Actually bro you WOULD get laid like this, because you'd be a jerk/bad boy. A GOOD LOOKING one at that. :)
This is what I wrote. And when I look at it, this is a jerk/badboy, but it's not the kind that would attract really hot women. This guy doesn't sound exciting in the least.

f-ck her and leave her unsatisfied, f-ck her friends and leave them unsatisfied
and if ^THIS^ is the case he'll definitely pull NO women.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lads are tossing around the words "good-looking", "cute", "ugly", "fugly", and "average" alot.

Tell me--without using pictures--what defines a guy as either Good-looking, cute, ugly, or fugly?

What I've been hearing are all generalizations. Do this without pictures, and without using celebs as examples.

Focus: What defines a "good-looking" guy?

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
You lads are tossing around the words "good-looking", "cute", "ugly", "fugly", and "average" alot.

Tell me--without using pictures--what defines a guy as either Good-looking, cute, ugly, or fugly?

What I've been hearing are all generalizations. Do this without pictures, and without using celebs as examples.

Focus: What defines a "good-looking" guy?
Symmetry is the main aspect of being good looking.

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
jiza101 said:
Symmetry is the main aspect of being good looking.
If that was the case than a symmetrical horse's face would be considered hot. Actually proportions and sexual typical traits are the main aspects. There's a simple correlation: more proportionned people develop more symmetrically.

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
No, he's actually correct. Symmetry is the main aspect of beauty. We see this all throughout nature, and can be found easily using the Golden Ratio.
Use logic and try to read more carefully. Nature favors symmetry...Why? Because symmetrical individuals are more apt to survive in nature. Almost animals are symmetrical (save for a few exceptions like some type of crab or similar creature with one claw much more larger than the other)

Like I said, a horse's face is symmetrical...a panda is symmetrical, a whale is symmetrical and yet, we are not sexually attracted to those things.

Yours was a misattribution. You are making grave logical errors as you are confusing cause and effect and plain correlation. We see that individual with a high degree a developmental stability tend to have a high degree of symmetry: simple correlation. This is so probably because the two process are somehow related. Yet, it would be a flawed reasonning to think that symmetry, in itself, is what is main aspect of being deemed "good looking"...proportion and sexual dimorphism is.

Notice how we were talking about being "good looking" and how you changed the subject at hand about "beauty" (a much more broad definition that doesn't just apply to humans but potentially to many things including inanimate objects).

You use illusionism as your tool. I use logic.
It is clears that the others have peg you well, it seemed you are bend on arguing just to stir up ****...A troll indeed you are.

Dmr9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you seriously applying the rules of attraction to animals? I'm attracted to long, flowing hair...so I'm going to start going after horses too, right? Please. Obviously, we're not talking about the finer points of bestiality.
You're quite the troll pal. Why do you feel the need to misquote and misinterpret on purposes what others are saying? You use text-book trolls tactic.

I said people are NOT attracted to animals...even if they are symmetrical.
I'm not attracted to horses or goats, Plastic surgeon I'm sure is not attracted to horses or goats...the only person here who's, according to his own logic is attracted to animals and all things symmetrical is you... So please, do not bring bestiality into this debate...You've brough enough sh*t as it is, no need to get into your sick issues.

I'm making "grave logical errors." Uh huh. This coming from the guy that is wondering why we aren't attracted to WHALES when someone states that a symmetrical form is pleasing to the human eye.
More trolling, keep it going deus, keep it going.
The question was obviously rethorical, you have the reading comprehension of a child. Again, for you're sake, I said we are not attracted to whales or other animals, specifically because symmetry is not the main aspect of being good looking. At least not for normal individuals...I'm not sure I would include you in the group.

Nah, we're still on the same subject. Everything we've been talking about thus far (good looks) can be applied to inanimate objects as well. However, everybody but YOU has automatically assumed that we're referring to the looks of human beings, whereas you start going off on tangents about panda bears. Hell, even guys like skip2mylou, El Febreezey, and God_of_getting understand that we're discussing human beings exclusively.
Whow...In the same sentence: (quote): Everything we've been talking about thus far (good looks) can be applied to inanimate objects as well (quote):we're discussing human beings exclusively.

Pure trolling. You Sir, are made of the stuff the top trolls are made of. Good going lol :crackup:

Said the 5-day SoSuave member with an average of 5.01 posts per day.
Huh? 7 posts and an average of 5 posts per day within five days you say?...You sir, have not only reading comprehension problems but serious math problems as well...Let's see...5 days and 7 posts equals an average of a little more than a post a day.

Keep it up,deus :crackup:

Reaction score
Say, in about 7 years ago or so after I scored in the top 10% on the verbal portion of the SAT's? I'll be OK, although I appreciate the support.

Damn, that sentence needs serious revision. It's ironic that you would f'uck up with a sentence declaring your linguistic superiority. It's okay, we all get flustered when we are overwhelmed and in over our heads. :yes:

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
So....aside from the personal attacks....what the hell is the point of continuing this thread....obviously...after 82 pages..of pure garbage..there has to be a resolution here.

Reaction score
Docs said:
So....aside from the personal attacks....what the hell is the point of continuing this thread....obviously...after 82 pages..of pure garbage..there has to be a resolution here.
Yeah I agree. I'm getting tired of having to rip Deus a new one every time he posts. There is no point to this thread anymore. But I'm sure it won’t end until Deus lets it end. He's a digital sociopath. :flowers:

Reaction score
Just a question, if you did so well on your SAT's, what school did you get into?

Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
1. Didn't say I did "so well" on my SAT's. Only the verbal section. I think I only did a 530 or something in the Math.

2. Didn't go to college. Neither of my main goals in life require a degree.

3. My favorite color is silver. Anything else?

I'm getting tired of having to rip Deus a new...
But I'm sure it won’t end until Deus...
He's a digital...

Dude, you're obsessed with me. Just hit ignore on my name. It'll save you the trouble of having to think of new personal attacks every time you want to leap out of nowhere to try and put me down.

I can't just ignore somebody who is talking trash about me on the net. It's not going to go down like that. You say something condescending or overly sarcastic to me or anyone else, and I'm going to come back at you just as hard. It's that simple. NOW, AS I'VE ASKED REPEATEDLY, GIVE SOME EXAMPLES TO BACK UP YOUR POINTS.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PlasticSurgeon
This is actually an interesting question. I was doing research on beauty and found these characteristics sited in various psychology articles: According to the research, the more of these qualities you have the more good looking you are.

1. Chiseled jaw line (represents testosterone levels since testosterone sharpens facial bones)

2. Broad shoulders/muscularity/chest size/lean muscle mass proportion.
3. Symmetrical features
4. Hair line that's not broad and arched at the peaks
5. Clean and Clear skin (representing healthy blood/interior)
6. Significant height (duh)
7. Baby face (representing the potential for emotional connection to children)
8. A long face as opposed to a round face.
9. to actually feel and know you are good looking seems to increase one's attractiveness to the opposite sex and same sex as well (homosexual men)

Now, the research sited those 9 as the most beautiful features in a man that stays consistent through time. Now, we can go into features that are society based and significant only to our time NOW. But this is usually a blend of pop culture mixed with trendy designer fashion that's invented by homosexual men:

olive tan skin
lean muscle mass (how cut you are)
feminine features
thin face
consistent hairline
square jaw, square features
long face
height
looks like most of the same features as above but these are only my opinion.
According to that I'm borderline ugly!
1. I would say no, but I'm working on it.
2. fer sure!
3. totally!
4. I think so, never thought about it though!
5. Most of the time!
6. Average height, not an asset(5"10')...but then, not a liability either!
7. I have a big nose, so no!
8. Never really thought about it. Again not an asset or liability!
9. Totally!
10. No olive skin here, I'm a white boy...I get red easily though, does that count? On that note, do many guys go tanning? and what would you think about it if one of your friends went tanning?

P.S. you guys should really cut the crap on this thread. It's all just personal attacks now, I don't care who is attacking who, who is ignorant or who is intelligent...Just cut it out, you're not 7 years old anymore. Accept your differences and move on!

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom