Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus does'nt want to admit looks and personality matter because he would have to admit to himself he's not as good-looking as he imagines in his dellusional head. Girls are not falling all over and doing double takes as he walks by.

I also showed picture after picture of rich ,handsome,famous actors married to average girls. Does that say guys don't care about looks? Deus says those cases are rare. Deus, show me 1 hollywood actor who is famous with a girl much hotter than him, and I'll show you 10 with the opposite.Not as rare as you think. Hell, I still can't figure out what Will Smith sees in a 5" midget with a manly Bi*** face like Jada.

Girls are shallow as guys. It's the good-looking guys in HS who are popular that get the attention. After that, they raelize they need big bucks to live and buy all the designer stuff they like. So they MIGHT forgo looks , but ut's usually for a guy with the bucks who can give them the lifestyle they crave and have other girls envy them. Girls love to be envied for their boyfriends.

Still that does'nt mean she's not into looks. She will want to have her cake and eat it too. She picks Mr. Nice guy who can support her financially and has a guy on the side who turns her on for sex.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
That sounds like a female commenting. And she's ONLY talking about looks (face vs body). No mention of confidence anywhere in sight. Maybe she missed the memo? :D
And since when do we pay attention to what women SAY instead of what they DO?

Please smack me for using emphasis caps. Oh crap you did it too and i didn't even notice until now and i couldn't do the easy thing of hitting backspace.

That is such BS. Who the fkk ALWAYS works out? Even if the guy is some gymrat nutcase, he's still not gonna be working out more than 2hrs a day.

But even if he was, so what? ANYONE with a passion for ANTYHING is gonna spend quite a bit of time doing that thing. Most of them probably devote MORE time than the gym fanatic to their passions.
Yeah my ex complained about this. Oh sure she'd be like ohhhhh put your shoulders like that and talk about how big i was getting but then b1tch i spend that whole 60 min in the gym after work and then had to eat a few times during the night. She must have thought muscles grow on trees.

She'd say that i stretched myself too thin between lifting, softball, and having a relationship. Girls are just too damn needy. I gave her almost every night of the week (past 8 or 9) and most of the weekends and that wasn't enough?! What fvcking guys are giving their gfs 100% of the time that when i have OTHER SH1T TO DO that i'm completely abnormal and she's sent spinning because she's used to a guy who does nothing? And oh, oh, what did she want to do when i gave her more time? Sit and watch tv.

Actually, no. Very fit people have a pretty EASY time deciding what to eat. That's because they tend to know their foods pretty well and tend to plan their meals in advance.
If i'm going out to eat i pretty much know it's a cheat meal. I'll try to make it better: maybe skip the bun on my burger and ask for brocolli instead of fries (and leave still hungry), but really menus are pretty damn poor when it comes to healthy choices. Healthy as in good for lifters.. not some fat 45 year old lady meal.

If i go for a salad i end up with no fats or carbs worth mentioning and little protein (even if it's something like a chicken salad)... or i have to get a greasy as hell hamburger. Or pony up and get the $20 steak, which i never do because if i wanted steak i'd be out buying 4 lbs of it to grill at home for 6 meals.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A nice personality/interesting personality and connection with people makes someone more attractive..

No one wants to date a manaquin.(sp?)..

But when it comes to dating 80 percent of it is looks and raw sexuality...

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus,
For short trem relationships(meaning sex) women are more likely to choose good-looks. Scientific fact. For marriage not-so good looks because they feel he will be less likely to cheat,since he won't have as many oppurtunities as the good-looking guy.

http://reference.aol.com/article/_a/how-women-pick-mates-vs-flings/20070103111809990001

If you think Julia Roberts is good-looking you need your eyes examined. that girl is horse faced ugly. Her and Lyle are not that far in looks in my opinion. Plus she walks like she just got off a horse. Who here thinks Julia Roberts is hot? oh yeah, Deus does. Deus, I bet you find the other horseface man jaw Jennifer Maniston attractive too.

Last edited:

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confused on your position Deux.

In this thread and a lot of others, you say looks don't matter. But on this thread, you say

First of all, I have plenty of people on my side. They're just too worn out to keep arguing with people who enjoy spreading self-limiting beliefs around SoSuave. And looks matter just like anything else, not "0%". I just don't get why it keeps getting singled out as some magical quality to get women. I mean, you guys are obsessed. Even though looks threads are banned, you looks-matter guys STILL can't abstain from posting threads polluting your views on this site.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1148946&postcount=132

That viewpoint you stated there is much more reasonable than saying looks don't matter at all.

How much (give me a percentage, whatever) do you think looks actually play a role in attraction?

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I use those polls only as a form of proof to destroy the looks-matter cult. This fact is apparent in everything a woman says, does, and carries herself.
1. You have yet to even provide your source, so why should we beleive what you say about the polls?

2. Assuming you do provide your source, and its all legit, it still doesnt destroy the looks matter theory.

You see, to be scientific, youll need to come up with a theory that explains ALL RELEVANT OBSERVATIONS, all of them! not just one, not just 2 of them, all of them!

This means for your case, youll need a "looks dont matter" theory that can explain the results of your poll AND explain why women at clubs wont even dance with you if you dont look good to them let alone fvck you AND explain the comments on the xanga site that strongly suggest women place an importance on looks AND explain why hideously ugly guys with hot women are rare AND why we dont see boatloads of good looking guys with no game going overseas to buy themselves a hot bride (only fuglies do this) AND why women like to check guys bodies out and look at good looking men (signs of vision based mate selection behavior) and the countless other credible examples/observations that I just cant list outbecuase theres too many of them.

You will not be able to come up with a theory that says looks dont matter and explain all these observations at the same time. YOU JUST WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT.

I on the other hand can explain all these observations including your poll with a "looks matter" theory:

Women are just like men, they want a good looking guy, if shes hot, theres a very very high probability shell require it, and your poll's results are just a consequence of deceptive answers; the women dont want to appear shallow.

see how easy that was?, now its your turn deus, (or anyone else), see if you can explain All of this using a looks dont matter theory.

I DARE YOU!

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience and research

I think looks both matter and they don't matter that much. Let me explain.

When I am looking sharp and just had my hair styled, I get ****loads of IOIs just walking around the mall. Women looking too long and so forth. Often women will open me either by finding some reason to talk to me (contextual)or in one case (in the food court this happened like a month ago) opening me with a HI, and making out with me in within 5 minutes (not solid game but I was actually meeting someone else and waiting on her lol).

On the other hand, when I am in awesome state and feel like I just won a million dollars, sets fly open and sail smooth like Im some kind of freaking master. However, I dont get opened, I have to approach usually.

When I am out with hot black women (I have no idea why this is) I will get opened by white women repeatadly. As a field test I tried to go out with unattractive black women and it had no such effect. Ive talked to other guys who have found this also, but it's too soon to tell if this is regional or something more general. Please field test this guys, I discovered this by accident and since I was with the hottie, there wasnt much I could do to take advantage (she was cool so no pawning her).

Now from a research perspective, women in self-reports place less emphasis on physical features than men do. Both men & women rate personality characteristics as more important than looks for an LTR. A greater emphasis by both men & women is placed on physical features for a sexual relationship.

However, I think this is biased by self-presentation. How many guys really want a relationship with a 600lbs woman with a great personality? Let's not throw common sense out the window!

In a study of men & women at a dance, physical attractiveness was found to be the most important characteristic associated with whether or not men & women wanted to go out on a date with the other person. This supports the notion that what people say does not match their actual behavior.

Then there's always the arguement that women & men have different versions of what is attractive. Many people (myself included) feel that guys do not have to have the most picture perfect face on earth to be considered attractive. Having some class, good fashion, a modern hairstyle suited to the person, and being well groomed go a long way. Since the onus is usually on the guy to attract and get women to chase him, I still say personality, attitude, and a willingness to try matter much more than looks in terms of total numbers of lays. A great looking guy who never initiates will get laid less often than an average looking (but well groomed and styled) guy who initiates and learns the lessons. The mating dance can be learned and every little step helps.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus,

guys like this are all over POOR foreign countries to try to pick up HB's in desperation. Rarely do you see a good-looking one. They think they have game and act like they deserve hot women. Confidence is not their problem, dillusion is.

My uncle is an immigration lawyer and he says divorce rate for these guys are high. It gets so bad sometimes the girls can't stand to have to sleep with these goofballs another day and file false charges against them. Some of girls are also on a Russian language forum laughing at all the uglies that come visit. Some ask if there are any normal weight or decent looking American men as all they see are guys who look like they have been released from the zoo!!

http://www.loveme.com/tour1/photos/women_tour_spb-novgorod_0704/women_tour_spb-novgorod_0704_30.jpg

http://www.loveme.com/tour1/photos/women_tour_petersburg_09-2006/women_tour_petersburg_09-2006_0.jpg

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I can see why you may be confused. Occasionally I have to reiterate my position. When I say looks don't matter, I'm referring to the fact that good looks are not a prerequisite to get gorgeous women on their backs. This is not to say that women walk around looking at men and see nothing but heads with blank patches of flesh on the front, but only that there is no man average or ugly to the point where no amount of game, confidence, and personality will overshadow it.

If I had to ballpark the percentage, I'd put it somewhere around 5%.
So do you think that being physically attracive gives you an immediate advantage over other men or not?

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Celebrity cases don't really concern me.
This is a major flaw in the whole debate. Everyone is precluding celebs because they're famous and acting as if you're either famous or you're not. Not true. It's a spectrum. For example, take the governor of Texas, he's famous within Texas and probably known a bit throughout America. But no-one anywhere else in the world really knows him. My point is, there are levels of fame and it is a factor just in the way that looks, money, status, personality etc. are.

So to relate to the debate, looks matters guys shouldn't say 'they don't count' as if they're lumping them all together and then counting fame as the single thing which allows them to attract people of the opposite sex.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
The point was that polls are demonstrative of what women SAY.
It can't be stressed enough. You can't trust what women say to other people. Humans will always defend things that benefit them and criticize things that hurt them. It's the only way to validate their existence in the eyes of other people. Anything else is admitting to defeat. If a woman cannot get a model, she will always say something like, "besides, I like a little chub on my guy." (or better yet calling it meat since "meat" implicates something healthy sounding - even though we all know meat refers to muscle) Or, "models are boring" (which may or may not be the case... as with any human) She will not say things to other people like, "I will never be valuable enough to date a super hot guy" or "His personality is just so much more charasmatic than mine. I am too depressed, he would never want me."

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You fools are living under a delusion. Women are attracted to power; men are attracted to beauty. Step out of the matrix and quit assuming that the same qualities attract both sexes. Have you learned nothing from this website? This thread should be closed, according to forum rules.

And all you beauty-worshippers should be banned. You are a disgrace to mankind.

The Holy Book of Pook said:
When you see a metrosexual, call him "princess." That is the correct name for such creatures.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
You fools are living under a delusion. Women are attracted to power; men are attracted to beauty. Step out of the matrix and quit assuming that the same qualities attract both sexes. Have you learned nothing from this website? This thread should be closed, according to forum rules.

Shutup you tard. Everyone's attracted to beauty, even if men are more so than women. Yes there are other elements like personality, power, money etc., but if you think looks don't contribute to a guy's attractiveness, you're D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:

hey dumbass... this wasn't about the typical looks vs. personality.

this was about what the girls were saying in response to that blog thing. (in other words, whats your opinion on what the ladies are responding with?)

but i guess from what we have learned from this "website" (not the useful threads... but the useless **** that idiots take out of good threads and distort in favor of themselves not wanting to change their ways) we can safely assume this is the 1950's where we can just say women are being silly creatures thinking that their opinion matters.

it's just that everyone wants to feel important by sharing their piece of info that they stole from previous looks vs. personality threads.

---

but we know what some girls' opinions are already. Wyld's, etc... chicks that been here since 2001 giving advice and helping people... too bad their credibility was taken away by dumbasses who registered in '06 and '07. and for some reason they feel that just because some girls crushed their ego... they need to act like an ass to every female on the planet... even if those women are trying to help them (with great advice or REAL opinions).

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:

Sorry man, you are the one living in the matrix.

I BET YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PRODUCE A SHRED OF CREDIBLE EVIDENCE THAT SAYS WE ARE WRONG ABOUT WOMEN BEING ATTRACTED TO LOOKS AS OPPOSED TO POWER.

PROVE IT!!!

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus,

You're about a 7 so do you say you have a slight advantage over a guy who looks like James Franco or "The Rock"? The advantage for a guy or GIRL who is a 7 or 8 is they will get approached more often because they are seen as much more likely to date then a 9 or a 10. But come to Los Angeles and you'll see plenty of good-looking male model "himbo's" who really do not work, because there is sooooooo much competition for acrting and modeling. But they drive nice cars, go to nice restaurants,wear designer duds. they live off women with money. They do so because they can. Ugly guys here have to work as hard as ugly girls. But the young European wannabee guys that look like Haley Berry's Adrian Aubrey have a free ride.

You wanna know something funny? The guy who played Joe Millionaire was not a construction worker making $24,000 a yaer like they said on TV. He worked at the Beverly Wilshire(Hotel) for about a milli-second before he became some 30 something women's boy-toy. Why do you think he was able to have the oppurtunity to do the show? Because after he was with her, he fell into the right circles.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
That's funny. You're so far gone, so deeply entrenched in this looks-matter stuff, that you truly cannot comprehend a good-looking guy dating a less than attractive woman. Sad, dude. Really. I hope you make it out on the other end okay.

The reason for these occurences (which are quite common), are mainly due to confidence and insecurity issues. I also speak from personal experience.

That's why hot girls will date fugly guys. Because they too suffer from low self esteem and insecurity issues. I had a link(for some reason there were problems with the link) from a phsycholgist that described that phenomenon. His take is evolution states people mate with like attractive people. Otherwise, money or other things come into the equation. TYhe reason beautiful women will date uggs is due to VERy low self esteem from issues with upbringing. I dare you to find attractive women who will date uggs who do not have some sort of weird issue. carmen Electra is a great example. The girl looks good on the outside, but what a mess on the inside. Hence, she will date uggs as she really feels insecure. tara Patrick porn star the same. Tons of issues internally, but look good outside.

If girls did'nt care about looks,why then are these girls in my link even noticing good-looking guys who date fuggs? Would'nt they be blind to it and not care? Should'nt they be talking about who "confident guys " are dating?

By the way, you sure are hung up on your looks. 7.5 is lowest yoou've ever gotten.LOL!!!! You must live in one UGLY town!!!! In the real world were people are honest, that's what you will get AT BEST!!!.

As of me being gay, Dude, I had suggested before, the reason you may not pick up chicks is because YOU look gay and their Gaydar is up. So don't try to put the spin on me cause UI tell you the truth that you are NOT as good-looking as in your dillusional head!!!You do not look masculine and that's your problem. You look like the Gay dudes in West Hollywood and would fit in perfectly there. That is why women look at you and look away. They sense your gayness!

Status
Not open for further replies.