Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gunman kills 21 on Virginia Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
What the hell? Maybe you should clarify that statement, because to me it sounds like you're excusing a mass-murderer because he was "oppressed" by people being richer than him.
Here's your clarification:
wayword said:
Note: I am NOT excusing these shootings at all. These are only reasons, but not EXCUSES, for these crimes.
BlackJackal said:
Uh the Columbine shooters were not 12, they were around 17-18 in highschool.
Even so...

You could go on and on: rifles versus handguns, age versus age, highschool versus college, Korean American versus Caucasian American, calibre versus calibre, smart versus stupid, whacko versus psycho, etc.

The point is, they aren't very relevant apart from being in schools.

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Bottomline is the kid was f*cked in the head, because of his enviroment and since he was a p*ssy and a loner, he wanted to take people with him.

All I have to say is that the second shooting could have been prevented, if the cops and school board weren't idiots. The first shooting took place around 7 a.m. ON CAMPUS and the cops had NO CLUE where the SHOOTER WAS, the school should have locked down the whole place, until they made sure it was safe. The school's primary responsiblity is to establish a safe and secure enviroment for the kids to study in. Their reason that they expected the shooter to leave the campus was BULLSH*T and they def should have canceled all classes and warned more people about it.

If you watch CNN and some interviews, the studnets will say that they didn't hear about the first shooting until they heard gun shots from the second shooting. Many of the students were why they were even at school after the first shooting and they are right, why risk your life for few hours of class. The class can wait another day but someone's life is too precious for that kind of risk.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
What the hell? Maybe you should clarify that statement, because to me it sounds like you're excusing a mass-murderer because he was "oppressed" by people being richer than him.
You're wasting your breath...wayword is hell bent on blaming feminism for everything bad that happens. That guy wasn't oppressed, ridiculed or mistreated. There are multiple reports of people trying to help him and befriend him. And his roommates from 2005 were interviewed on television last night. He didn't just "stalk girls". He directed his picture taking, text messages and harassing weird phone calls to guys too. They tried to be friends with him and include him and HE rejected everyone's attempts to help him. He didn't want help and the fact that he left a note blaming everyone and everything but himself for being miserable shows that.

His teacher was just on the news saying his attitude was arrogant and obnoxious when she tried to help him and tutored him one on one when he wouldn't stop taking pictures of other students in class. This was the first time I heard that. I'm not going to comment on that much until I hear more.

guayaballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
not sure if any one knows. but the father commited suicide and the mother attempted suicide. my friend who is korean saw it on the korean news

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
guayaballer said:
not sure if any one knows. but the father commited suicide and the mother attempted suicide. my friend who is korean saw it on the korean news
That's just a rumor...it was announced late last night that this rumor went around but that it isn't true. They went into seclusion with family members to avoid the press and grieve their loss and try to make sense of this horrible tragedy.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
People from his high school are reporting the same thing...people TRIED to be friends with him...HE ignored those attempts.

Whether or not counselors tried to help him or not hasn't come out for his younger years...but there are absolutely no indications that he was mistreated by any other kids. In fact, it looks like he totally withdrew himself from the outside world.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
So you agree with him then?
I didn't say that, I merely pointed out that he clarified himself further in the post.

He's pointing out potential factors/influences, not saying these things are specific causes. You have to agree, these things couldn't "help matters" with psycho boy.

Reaction score
wayword said:
Well, the funny thing is that this kid left an 8-PAGE TYPED RANT against rich kids, religion & women. As many of us had surmised, feminism and AFCism were very likely driving forces here. Issues we can probably all relate to here (only difference is we don't go out on shooting sprees). As scrawny omega males - these shooters suffer the brunt of disapproval by all these elitist tribes.

Why do media types play dumb then? These same social forces that drove the Columbine kids postal drove this kid postal too. We all remember how "cruel" high school could be. Well, such cliquishness is natural and never changes - especially in areas of social privilege. That's why these outlashes typically take place in wealthy, White schools where elitism and dogma are powerful forces of exclusion. And this English major left an 8-page confession detailing this in-depth! So "WHY" should not be a huge mystery! The dude wrote an 8-page term paper explaining WHY! How much clearer could he get??? This is not the OJ Simpson case here!

Wyldfire is WRONG. We could have helped this kid. Acknowledged these brutal social forces and told him to toughen up and improve himself. Social outcasts need HELP. The pain that omega males suffer in this feminist society can drive some to despondent desperation...and is something that mainstream feminist psychology does NOT acknowledge or address - the PAIN OF MEN. Because we are always painted as the ENEMY who only INFLICT, but never SUFFER from pain. Which is why the media keeps glossing over his suicide note and omega male PAIN - searching for other answers instead...

If this shooter had been a lonely fat girl, might her social plight have been granted legitimacy?
I don't think we could have helped him. He was too far gone, and from recently released evidence it seems he didn't want help and just wanted to get on with blaming others, a point of no return, and started developing a disturbing narcissistic personality.

Whether you like it or not the population of omega males is quite high (higher than the alpha males of course), but not all of these omega males don't go round killing people as an act of revenge against being dominated by society.

And there's a reason why men, in general anyway, don't talk about their pain/feelings: it just makes us look like p*ssies. Also other men are generally unsympathetic about other people's problems/misfortunes. For a woman to do it will be OK, but not men. This leads to keeping it bottled up inside.

I think America should offer its support and condolences to the guy's parents because to have the entire anger/distress/hate of the country on their shoulders must be unbearable.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
People from his high school are reporting the same thing...people TRIED to be friends with him...HE ignored those attempts.
They're hardly likely to say 'yeah we bullied him good' are they?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
They're hardly likely to say 'yeah we bullied him good' are they?
If he was bullied and treated badly someone would have come out and said so by now. We found out almost instantly with the kids from Columbine. That's one of the first things we find out because everyone instantly searches for an answer to the "Why" question. There seems to be a lot of evidence that the guy was pretty much totally withdrawn from society and didn't want to be a part of society at all. People tried...and HE rejected those attempts. The key in that last sentence is "HE REJECTED" others, not the other way around. He had the opportunity to build friendships and he chose not to.

I mentioned in another thread that I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that this was terror related. Some things just don't fit quite right. I think the guy most definitely had some severe mental problems. Combine that with how he rejected any attempts at making friends or being included socially and how effectively planned his attacks were and it leads to far more questions than there appear to be answers.

This really doesn't fit with the usual rampage shootings so neatly as many would like to make it fit. Usually the shooter/s are outcasts NOT by choice and they want to and try to fit in. This guy seems to have been just the opposite...his isolation appears to have been a choice.

He also can't really be fit into the typical "stalker" profile because his male roommates from a year or so ago said that he exhibited the same weird behaviors towards them (taking pictures, text messages, harassing phone calls).

Apparently he left 8 pages worth of ranting against about everything and everyone. Mostly it was "rich kids with mercedes cars and trust funds" and he was apparently disgusted by "debauchery (wild partying and promiscuity)" and "deceitful charlatans (fraudulent, fake people)". Frankly, he almost sounds like a religious nutcase with the terminology he used. I just think there are still A LOT of questions that need to be answered.

I just find it really disgusting that some people are trying to use the tragedy as a way to blame guns, women, video games or whatever. Isn't that exactly what HE did? Excuses and blaming just doesn't cut the mustard...

Reaction score
Some in Virginia are saying they - the police - were given "stand-down" orders - and not to enter the building - anyone else here this?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anytime there is a major event in people's minds their is always the opportunity to place blame and offer solutions. I would not be surprised to see the whole VT campus get video surveillance installed at all corners. Whoever gets the contract to install the cameras gets a good amount of money they would not have had before, if there was no shooting.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Some in Virginia are saying they - the police - were given "stand-down" orders - and not to enter the building - anyone else here this?
I haven't heard that...and which building? The dorm or engineering building? I would certainly hope that they were not told not to enter the engineering building while someone was massacring a large amount of unarmed kids. I did see a video of shots going off and it DID look like officers were just standing outside and not moving towards the building at first. I wondered first...why aren't they rushing the building and second...why is this person standing out there videoing it.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create Reality said:
Anytime there is a major event in people's minds their is always the opportunity to place blame and offer solutions. I would not be surprised to see the whole VT campus get video surveillance installed at all corners. Whoever gets the contract to install the cameras gets a good amount of money they would not have had before, if there was no shooting.
Already been done:
Blogs written by students at Virginia Tech University have expressed fury at how police and university authorities dealt with the shooting there yesterday. Installed just last week were dozens and dozens of loudspeakers and militarized cameras all over the campus, but they weren't used for several hours for some reason. The ROTC was right across the street.
Anyhow, there's a lot of wyld speculation going on here that is really pointless until more real info surfaces...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone wants to watch NBC evening news. Now we know what the shooter did between the two shootings. He sent a package to NBC news. There is a video and a bunch of things...including his explanation why.

Bizarre...

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ROTC was right across the street.
That doesn't make a difference if guns weren't allowed on campus now, does it?

"Reserve Officers' Training Corps"? ROTC is a leadership and development program. To train with weapons, most (if not all) ROTC cadets go to installations with an armory. Many ROTC locations DO have dummy rifles to practice drill & ceremonies with, though.

Double and Triple oops.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
why is it everytime someone does something like this they either blame parents or society? It seems by all accounts his parents and sibling were good decent folks and people were trying to help him and even went out of their way to be nice. I bet the reason he stalked and killed that girl was because she initially gave him attention by trying to be nice. He most likely mistakenly took her kindness for somehing else.. Can't anyone just be psychotic anymore.where they really believe everyone is out to get them but it's only in his own mind?

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Wayword is onto something. America is a cruel place if you are not a "cool" boy. America has become a haven for fat self-loving females and the DJ's that worship them.

Remember, you don't get the chubs unless you put the ball in the endzone or belong to the right frat. Simple as that. At least that is the common sentiment among young American males.

I love how the media makes him into a weird loner. Yeah, all those chubs actually tried to talk to him. C'mon, you guys know that is a lie. They ignored him like they do most of you!!! At best they ignored him, some might have been b****** towards him. You boys know what I am talking about. Just read what guys on here post about life in America. See, even in wealthy Western Europe girls will talk to you. Doesn't mean they will sleep with you, but some will talk to you. American guys are stunned at how much more open foreign girls are towards them. They will always give you a chance. In America the chubs get chased so much by "DJ's" that they treat the average guy like s***. Boys are stupid and silly. So goes common thought in America.

Was the guy a nut?? Who knows. Definitely had issues. However, don't start picking on all the students who are loners. Maybe some of those loners wouldn't be so confused if people actually talked to them.

Does this make it alright to blow people to bits? Nope. Nobody is saying that. However, look beyond the "guns" and "loner" pieces that every media outlet is producing stories on.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
MSNBC has a picture of him up holding the guns that he sent between the shootings. I don't know if it's a video capture or what...but if it's not then who took the picture?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Know what...that picture reminds me of those suicide bomber videos/pictures. Not saying that's what it is...but it's very reminiscent of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.