Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GUIDE TO CUTTING UP

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have also been trying to lose some weight off my gut using my own methods and have gone down from about 87kg down to about 79 since the beginning of last month approximately. All i have been doing is consuming less calories than what is required to maintain body weight without changing the diet much. I want to lose about another 5-6kg in the next month or so but i seem to be sticking on the same weight for the last couple of weeks, what can i do about this?

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Samim

The past two weeks I've started doing sprint running sets and have noticed little difference. My metabolism has shut down and I'm burning little fat; holding constant at 165.

Where do I go from here?

First of all, START LIFTING WEIGHTS! If youre not already. You need to build some muscle to burn fat. Increase cal intake to 12 cals per lb of bodyweight and chill out on the cardio. You stop losing weight because t4 isnt converting to t3 (active thyroid hormone) This is because youre not consuming enough cals and burning too many during the day. Trust me. eat 12 cals per lb of bodyweight spread out over 6 meals. make sure you get at least 150 grams of protein. consume most of your carbs after your workout. Eat plenty of healthy fats and focus on BUILDING MUSCLE.

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
challange for diesel

diesel, What would your recommend for me to do to lose weight?

im 5'9 270 pounds(mostley all fat), I have them man boobs big ones, due to depression I haveint really cared about my body
intill recentley

being so fat ill run out of breath if I run for a long time so.. no running ;)

I need help with a list of foods to eat and not to eat, and a list of excerises to do.

I know what to stay away from the things that got me fat, pop, cookies, cakes,fast food, but when it comes to healthy food I dont know what to eat

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found a good way of losing weight and it doesn't involve going on a diet, doing any exercise or starving yourself and you can still eat junk food. It's easy just reduce your energy intake a to a bit below your resting metabolic rate 3-4 days a week with a couple of days between of normal eating. When i started this a few months ago i was 87Kg, i am now 75kg and i'm aiming to get down to about 70kg. I tried losing weight other ways but i couldn't but after reading this site i got a few tips and ideas and it worked! Good place this. I haven't weighed this little in about 5 years and i feel so much better. I have had a few people tell me i look so much better with the weight off.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whilst I disagreed or well rather wasnt really sure if a few tipps in DIESELS bulking guide (which all in all is definetly gold for beginners who dont know how to work out though!!) were necessary, I gotta say he couldnt have put this cutting guide any better. Nothin I disagree with this time lol

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: challange for diesel

Originally posted by TorturedSoul
diesel, What would your recommend for me to do to lose weight?

im 5'9 270 pounds(mostley all fat), I have them man boobs big ones, due to depression I haveint really cared about my body
intill recentley

being so fat ill run out of breath if I run for a long time so.. no running ;)

I need help with a list of foods to eat and not to eat, and a list of excerises to do.

I know what to stay away from the things that got me fat, pop, cookies, cakes,fast food, but when it comes to healthy food I dont know what to eat
Sail to a deserted island. Burn your boat. Live off the fat of the land. Youll have a six pack in a month.

But before you do that, DO A SEARCH!!!

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yooo guys i heard that if you really want to lose all your body fat, go on the 0 carb diet. Ur body will need energy that its missing from the carbs so it uses your stored body fat. This burns your fat.

What about bread? i heard thats horrible for you.

A cop i know that went on this 0 carb diet lost 40 pounds in about 2 months. He told me for energy, to eat a whole box of cheerios, It has alott of fiber. what do you guys think?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude... aren't cheerios like pure carbs?

Rico S

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb
yooo guys i heard that if you really want to lose all your body fat, go on the 0 carb diet. Ur body will need energy that its missing from the carbs so it uses your stored body fat. This burns your fat.

What about bread? i heard thats horrible for you.

A cop i know that went on this 0 carb diet lost 40 pounds in about 2 months. He told me for energy, to eat a whole box of cheerios, It has alott of fiber. what do you guys think?
And I bet 30 of those pounds were muscle. The zero carb diets were designed for people that aren't active.

It's stupid to completely cut out (or limit) any macronutrient. Moderation is the key.

CONAN21

Reaction score
theres some good info in that

but also alot of bull ****

but i guess what ever works for u...ah?

Reaction score
Originally posted by One on One
Why does Diesel say cutting is harder than bulking if all you have to do is eat less?
You've obviously never tried to "cut up". Deprivation of certain foods you love (but will make you fat) is pure fukkin' psychological torture. YOU ARE ALWAYS HUNGRY!

The first 3 weeks of a cutting diet are hellish.. especially week 3 when you get cravings.. BAD. If you can survive week 3, you're clear and then it becomes a matter of when, not if.

Seriously, if being cut was so easy, how come everyone you see is pretty much either pudgy, "skinny fat" or a straight up fat fukk??

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by victor von doom
You've obviously never tried to "cut up". Deprivation of certain foods you love (but will make you fat) is pure fukkin' psychological torture. YOU ARE ALWAYS HUNGRY!

The first 3 weeks of a cutting diet are hellish.. especially week 3 when you get cravings.. BAD. If you can survive week 3, you're clear and then it becomes a matter of when, not if.

Seriously, if being cut was so easy, how come everyone you see is pretty much either pudgy, "skinny fat" or a straight up fat fukk??
Ok, I see where you're coming from. I just wanted to know why it was hard and he didn't really explain that. It is hard for me to understand how cutting can be hard, though, since I've always been extremely cut without even trying and even after bulking I'm not going to really need cutting, but I'll do it anyways. I've been bulking for 2 months and have gained 8 pounds, but my abs and muscles are still clearly defined.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im gonna start a cutting phase soon and i was wondering how much fat weight yall think somebody could lose (lets say per week) without losing muscle (or well hardly losing any). Last time I cut down I could keep almost all my strength (and thus muscle mass I assume) and was able to lose about 1 pound of fat a week (in the first week maybe the first 2 I lost more weight than that because of the water retention...but im talking fat).

I guess Ive heared a couple of guys on here say it was possible to lose like 2lbs fat a week without losing muscle mass...right/wrong?

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pretty good this site because its got lots of good information on it and for the first time in ages i've been looking at myself in the mirror and thought i'm starting to look pretty good but i still have a bit of improving to do, i will give it another six months or so and i'm going to look so good.

Rico S

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madgame
Im gonna start a cutting phase soon and i was wondering how much fat weight yall think somebody could lose (lets say per week) without losing muscle (or well hardly losing any). Last time I cut down I could keep almost all my strength (and thus muscle mass I assume) and was able to lose about 1 pound of fat a week (in the first week maybe the first 2 I lost more weight than that because of the water retention...but im talking fat).

I guess Ive heared a couple of guys on here say it was possible to lose like 2lbs fat a week without losing muscle mass...right/wrong?
The amount of fat you can lose in a certain time frame depends on your diet, training, and genetics. So this question really can't be answered. Your best bet is to slowly cut down (shoot for 1lb. a week). You're gonna lose muscle no matter how slow you diet but you'll most likely lose a shltload more if you try to lose more than a pound a week.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I'd like to reiterate that I saw on a site and tried myself, is how cool it is to do a diary. It's really easy to make tables and stuff on your computer, and use a nutritional calculator to kinda guess what the nutrients/breakdown of the foods you eat.

By placing your foods into a daily journal kinda thing, it really forces you to think about every meal, and you see patterns in what you eat. You start to realize "hey, I got a lot of sleep today and woke up late, so I'll throw in an extra chicken breast, or some eggs into my lunch" to balance out with a few extra calories.

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not too much to cut up on me now - only a little bit which will be gone not too long. Thanks a lot to this site. :D

FrankWank

Don Juan
Reaction score
""""""""""""""if long cardio is so good, how come none of those endurance cyclists while lean are not shredded with evident muscularity. Yet, it's the sprinters who look like they are chiseled out of marble ??""""""""""""""""""""""""

The answer is because they train differently for their events. Their reps/sets are designed differently. That is why

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
What do you do about the ole beer gut? Every mans worst enemy! You see the rest of my body is in relatively good shape. I even have skiny arms so I obviously can't cut the carbs in order to melt that belly. How do I go about doing this? I do about 50 crunches every second day but I don't think that's anough.