GUIDE TO CUTTING UP

TheCaptain21

Don Juan
Reaction score
two questions......first question is what should i have pre sleep? I dont feel like spending money on a time released protein and milk has 11 carbs per serving so that wouldn't work before bed........second question is, if i smoked pot a couple times how much do u think it will set me back?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
155 x .85 = 131.75 lbs. of lean body mass

131.75 x 1.1 (assuming you want 10%bf and you don't put on any muscle..) = 145 lbs.

which means you have to lose 10 lbs. of pure body fat to get to 10% b.f.

figuring out your baseline

155 x 1. 2 = 186 grams of carbs = 744 cals

155 x 2 = 310 grams of protein = 1240 cals

30 grams of fat per day = 270 cals

744+1240+270 = 2254

start at 2254 cals then start cutting 150 calories each week

cut 75 cals (about 19 grams from carbs) and 75 cals (about 19 grams from protein) a week till you hit the 1600 mark, and you'll still be hitting 30g fats, 220 grams protein, and 110 grams carbs AT 1600 CALORIES.. CAN YOU SAY NUTRIENT DENSE... then level off doing intense cardio till you hit the 12 week plateau and your'e not a 10% b.f.

this applies for any weight/ body fat .. this was done as an example..

D
This part stumps me? He says to eat 30g fat PER DAY? I am gathing the 1600 calories are your intake for the week? Then how is it you are going to eat 30g of fat per day?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm... 1600 calories per week would kill you. It's 1600 per day. When he's talking weekly numbers, he's saying that you have a week at 2000 per day, then the next week at 1800 per day... etc.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
umm... 1600 calories per week would kill you. It's 1600 per day. When he's talking weekly numbers, he's saying that you have a week at 2000 per day, then the next week at 1800 per day... etc.
Ok, I get it. I never look at the calories thing, I always have just trained many days per week anyways so have never really got into the exact dietary requirements. So when I was looking at this I was like WTF. But still, 1600 cals per day is HUGE for a cutting program.

I normally wouldnt even eat that many I doubt, and that is doing weights and cardio every week multiple times.

de silva

Don Juan
Reaction score
1600 calories "HUGE" for a cutting program? WTF? Most bbuilders eat way more than that while cutting.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by de silva
1600 calories "HUGE" for a cutting program? WTF? Most bbuilders eat way more than that while cutting.
Yeah, I guess thats for guys that look like roidheads, or want to look like roidheads (nothing wrong with that, just not my preference), like I guess most in this forum want to look like. Personally, I like to keep cut up and still lean, so you look by far your best in clothes. Not to mention, being large does not help in my sports, and doesnt seem to be favoured by the majority of woman.

Oh well, all men to their own.

Peace.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're over 110 lbs then you need more than 1600 calories. 110 isn't exactly big by any standards.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
But still, 1600 cals per day is HUGE for a cutting program.

Actally, 1500-1600 calories is enough of a calorie deficit to facilitate weight/fat loss.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Breakfast: 3 peices of multi-grain bread with Tuna (sundried tomatoe, olive oil and herbs).

Morning tea: A handful of Almonds

Lunch: 200gram lean meat with 3/4 cup of boiled white rice.

After training: One protein shake 30-40gram protein (with water) (Maxs, 90% protein, .05% carbs) + with a banana.

Dinner: 200gram lean meat with veggies.

Before bed: 2 whole boiled eggs, 1 protein shake 25g with water.

That is my daily diet.

Dont know the exactly Calorie output!

What would that be? But I didnt think it would be over 1600?

With it, I dont seem to loose much weight at all, just keep shredded and gain muscle.

P.S One day a week I have a "cheat" day. Where I can eat anything I want.

No cardio for the last couple of months.

Worked for me, but then again, I am not one to keep exact measurements of anything. But I didnt think that would put me above 1600 calories?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's like 14-1500 cals.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That right there is 1500-1700 calories, just looking at the foods and amounts.

Breakfast: 3 peices of multi-grain bread with Tuna (sundried tomatoe, olive oil and herbs).

about 400 - 500 Calories (300 for bread + 100-200 for oil+tuna)

Morning tea: A handful of Almonds

120 -150 calories

Lunch: 200gram lean meat with 3/4 cup of boiled white rice.

~100 cals for meat, 100-200 for rice = 250-300 cals

After training: One protein shake 30-40gram protein (with water) (Maxs, 90% protein, .05% carbs) + with a banana.

120 cals for shake, 100-200 for banana = 220 - 300

Dinner: 200gram lean meat with veggies.

100 for meat, 20-75 for veggies = 120-175 calories

Before bed: 2 whole boiled eggs, 1 protein shake 25g with water.

180-250 for eggs, + 80-100 for shake = 260 - 350

I know those numbers add up to around 1400, but I was being conservative, I'm pretty sure you'll be up higher.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, so there you go, I am around the cutting 1600cals anyways. Lol, that probably explains it! And that diet is written by my trainers, so it gives me all the fat, carbs and proteins I need. Good stuff!

chill

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need help, desperatly. I have heard from countless girls that im smart and funny, but that im fat ( they never said it to my face, but I know its the truth)

Im 5'6 and I weigh 160lbs. Before anyone says it, I know im pretty badly out of shape.

I currently have no real exercise plan, and dont play sports ( but im thinking of joining a crew team). Every thing ive read here has confused me, badly. I own a benchpress/lat tower, but no real lifting schedual.
Basicly, im pretty badly out of shape, and I need help.

Im gratful for any assistance you guys could give me, thanks.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get yourself into a gym and ask the trainer in their for advice. He will be able to show you how to use all the machines and I am sure you already know how to use the treadmill (walking/running machine).

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and if you want to play a sport, stop talking about it, and go and join a team!

But first things first, you ARE WHAT YOU EAT!! Go and get some professional advice, or follow my diet above STRICTLY!

chill

Don Juan
Reaction score
since my last post ive been hitting a strict diet, but theres a problem: because the nutritional facts on the back of the bottle of cinnamin at my house lacks amount of callories, I cant tell how many callories im taking in a day. How many callories do you guys think there are in 3 slices of wheat toast with a moderate amount of cinnamin?

other than that i just have a PB and J sandwich ( same kind of bread), an apple, and a 200 cal. nutrition bar for lunch. and dinner is not calculatable, seeing as dinner is different every night, but its pretty well rounded with carbs., protein, and vegetables, so I think its around 500-600 cal.

I lift every day and go to the gym every other day

anything I should improve on?

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chill
since my last post ive been hitting a strict diet, but theres a problem: because the nutritional facts on the back of the bottle of cinnamin at my house lacks amount of callories, I cant tell how many callories im taking in a day. How many callories do you guys think there are in 3 slices of wheat toast with a moderate amount of cinnamin?

other than that i just have a PB and J sandwich ( same kind of bread), an apple, and a 200 cal. nutrition bar for lunch. and dinner is not calculatable, seeing as dinner is different every night, but its pretty well rounded with carbs., protein, and vegetables, so I think its around 500-600 cal.

I lift every day and go to the gym every other day

anything I should improve on?
Are you bulking or cutting???

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chill
im cutting
you should check out a book titled, "Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook" and "A Flat Stomach ASAP" by Ellington Darden.

BTW, a slice of wheat bread is 70 calories.

Maniax

Don Juan
Reaction score
How to cut up

Hey diesel, great guide you put up. I had a few questions though.

I'm 6"1, ~230 lbs. I've been working out for the past 2 - 3 weeks, mostly warmup stuff, but now I'm ready to go on a serious cutting cycle.

I do a upper/lower split routine 3 times a week, and 3 times cardio. I don't know if I do exactly HIIT, but what I do is I hit the bike real hard (like around 170 heart rate), then lactic acid sets in and I take a quick rest, and start again. 20 mins of that and I am BEAT. I was reading about HIIT and it sounds like this qualifies as it.

My question was about how to structure the workouts. On what days should I do what?

Maybe something like Legs/Abs one day, chest/tris another day, back/bis another day, and shoulders/traps the 4th day?

How many sets do you do of one exercise? Do you pyramid up in weight? Do you start with like 8 reps, then up the weight and go down to 5 reps? How many sets? How many different exercises for each body part?

I looked around and didn't see any answers to these questions, I'll try looking in the bulking guide as well. Also, what would you recommend for diet? I'm using a protein powder, and on the days I lift I drink it. On days I don't, I don't. Anything else I should know?

Thanks again for your help.