Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GUIDE TO CUTTING UP

Sina94

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing a lot better about my weight...I'm really slimming down. Mostly cuz I have a bad knee because of it. I have the huge punk pants ( I don't wear them down around my ass though). I didn't use to have to wear a belt cuz my fat ass kept them up. Now they're starting to fall off my ass.

I switched to mostly water to drink. No soda or anything. Went off of junk carbs...chips, candy, ect. all the stuff you're suppose to stay away from anyway. I also went light on stuff like pasta and potatoes (full of starch). This really did it. Then you throw in low-fat protein like beans or tofu or stuff like that (I was leery at first but there are some nice recipes) you'll have all the energy but you'll be cutting fat. Water is the big key though...try to get 8 large glasses of water a day. I usually can't but it's a goal you should try for. They have some good soy/whey cereals and stuff too so you can get some protein that way. Fiber is good to...makes it so you're not as hungry as often and keeps you cleaned out...if you know what I mean.

Then for a work-out I do quite a bit of lifting...going to be doing more soon because I just got my bench set up. Some running before I lift to get the heart going. I seems to be working good. It's not fast or anything but I can tell the difference.

Another good thing to do is cheat about once a week. Have something that isn't good for you. It'll keep you from benging later.

One thing I was wondering though...How is boxing? I have a punching bag but I've only really hit around on it a few times. What do you think?

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a question. Its been two days since I've done this new weight plan. Anyway, I had to work both those days and since finding nutritional food there was tough, I bought High Protein bars. Each one had ~25g of protein in them so I got two of them each time. On Sunday I ate a total of 4 of those bars (due to how long I worked) and today, 2 since I had one break. Anyway, are those sufficient alternatives? They're low on fat and carbs so they're pretty nutritious overall I believe.

As for water, I took a gallon gatorade bottle (the one with the little handle on top) and filled it up with water. I consumed maybe 1 1/4 gallons today. I had to piss a lot but I'm sure its for the best. My current dietary plan so far is:

Breakfast

- 1 quart equivalent of Carnation Instant Breakfast. I use 1% since thats it. I'm probably going to move to skim but I just started with this plan.
- 4 scrambled eggs with low fat cheddar cheese.

Lunch

- 6" Turkey double meat sandwich at Subway with white bread, some lettuce, White American cheese, some black olives, and a small amount of mayonnaise and mustard. I'm not doing the Jared diet but its healthier than my school food or Burger King so I'm going with it. I'm considering nixing the mayo altogether and replace the white bread with wheat. Do to the fact that I consumed a lot of dairy in the morning, I may also can the cheese.
- Water, at least one liter in amount.

Snack

- Two Protein Plus bars. I haven't done this yet but I don't work again until Saturday so I may do this. I might cut it down to one. I eat my lunch around 12 pm and Dinner about 5-6 pm so would 3 pm be a good time?

Dinner

- Two poached eggs on wheat toast with margarine (otherwise it just tastes bitter) lightly salted and moderately peppered.
- If I don't want eggs, I'd have a big tuna sandwich on wheat bread.
- Consume at least a liter of water, maybe I'll drink two.

For the rest of the night, I'll consume water like a mofo. Is that a good plan to go with?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by es_mer8
I got a question. Its been two days since I've done this new weight plan. Anyway, I had to work both those days and since finding nutritional food there was tough, I bought High Protein bars. Each one had ~25g of protein in them so I got two of them each time. On Sunday I ate a total of 4 of those bars (due to how long I worked) and today, 2 since I had one break. Anyway, are those sufficient alternatives? They're low on fat and carbs so they're pretty nutritious overall I believe.

As for water, I took a gallon gatorade bottle (the one with the little handle on top) and filled it up with water. I consumed maybe 1 1/4 gallons today. I had to piss a lot but I'm sure its for the best. My current dietary plan so far is:

Breakfast

- 1 quart equivalent of Carnation Instant Breakfast. I use 1% since thats it. I'm probably going to move to skim but I just started with this plan.
- 4 scrambled eggs with low fat cheddar cheese.
Replace the Carnation Instant Breakfast with a good MRP like EAS Myoplex.. mix with skim milk. Drop the lowfat cheddar cheese.

get it here... www.muscledepot.com

You might also need to add a mid-morning snack.

[/b][/quote]

Lunch

- 6" Turkey double meat sandwich at Subway with white bread, some lettuce, White American cheese, some black olives, and a small amount of mayonnaise and mustard. I'm not doing the Jared diet but its healthier than my school food or Burger King so I'm going with it. I'm considering nixing the mayo altogether and replace the white bread with wheat. Do to the fact that I consumed a lot of dairy in the morning, I may also can the cheese.
- Water, at least one liter in amount.

[/b][/quote]

Subway IS NOT healthy. Yes, it's healthier than fast food..but that's not really saying much. But if that's all you have access too.. switch to whole wheat instead of white and drop the mayo.. use mustard or one of their sweet vinaigrettes instead.

The Jared "diet" is a fukkin trainwreck. Ever wonder why you never see Jared without his shirt off?? Also.. Jared still looks like ****, instead of being an obese fat fukk, he's know what is called "skinny fat". [/b][/quote]

Snack

- Two Protein Plus bars. I haven't done this yet but I don't work again until Saturday so I may do this. I might cut it down to one. I eat my lunch around 12 pm and Dinner about 5-6 pm so would 3 pm be a good time?
You're better off here with another MRP mixed with mix and a scoop of whey instead of crappy protein bars.
[/b]
Dinner

- Two poached eggs on wheat toast with margarine (otherwise it just tastes bitter) lightly salted and moderately peppered.
- If I don't want eggs, I'd have a big tuna sandwich on wheat bread.
- Consume at least a liter of water, maybe I'll drink two.[/b]
If eating eggs, you have to eat way more than two... and by this I mean EGG WHITES not the whole egg... Here eat some chicken or meat instead. At last 1/3 of a pound. = 6 oz.

For the rest of the night, I'll consume water like a mofo. Is that a good plan to go with?
If you're bulking you have to take in another meal before going to bed.

In short you are not eating nearly enough to support mass and you are eating way too much fat and carbs for cutting up. Look at my guides do the "math" and start again.

D

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Replace the Carnation Instant Breakfast with a good MRP like EAS Myoplex.. mix with skim milk. Drop the lowfat cheddar cheese.
I've seen that **** where I got whey protein today. About mixing with skim milk, is it fine if I add a scoop of some protein with it? 500 grams according to that math is a lot so I'd like to add in protein whenever possible.

You might also need to add a mid-morning snack.
Like what? Keep in mind I'm in school. One day I'm there from 7:50 - 2:50 and another day, I'm there 9:25 - 12:50. On the latter day, I lift afterwards. So there is not much time for a mid-morning snack unless its very easy to hold onto.

But if that's all you have access too.. switch to whole wheat instead of white and drop the mayo.. use mustard or one of their sweet vinaigrettes instead.
Well, its my closest option. I live 20-30 minutes away from school so I can't go home and go back as that'd waste too much gas and time. I'll go with what you say then.

The Jared "diet" is a fukkin trainwreck
Agreed. A lot of people I know do the diet as a way to combat fast food. I used to have a lot of mayo, oil, and all that until I did the math and realized there was more fat in that than a Whopper Value Meal at Burger King. I just think that given the nearby choices of school lunch (where every day is pizza or hamburgers riddled with soy and extra greasy), Burger King, McDonalds, or Subway, the clear choice is Subway.

You're better off here with another MRP mixed with mix and a scoop of whey instead of crappy protein bars.
Ok.

If eating eggs, you have to eat way more than two... and by this I mean EGG WHITES not the whole egg...
How many? 6? Are there any huge disadvantages against you if you eat the yolk? I know the whites are the healthiest but I'm just wondering if the yolk is too bad to really skip it. Anything good go with egg whites?

If you're bulking you have to take in another meal before going to bed.
Another MRP with a scoop of whey protein? What time do you recommend assuming I go to bed around 11 pm?

In short you are not eating nearly enough to support mass and you are eating way too much fat and carbs for cutting up. Look at my guides do the "math" and start again.
Ok. I'm serious on this so I'll take your advice.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many? 6? Are there any huge disadvantages against you if you eat the yolk? I know the whites are the healthiest but I'm just wondering if the yolk is too bad to really skip it. Anything good go with egg whites?
ONE yolk has over 70% of your daily cholesterol allowance, all the fat of the egg (5-6g), and less than half of the protein (2-3g). 6 a day, combined with dairy is sure to give you a heart attack by the time you're 30. Whites have 0 cholesterol, 0 fat, and more than half the egg's protein (3-4g). I usually have an omlete in the morning with all whites and 1 yolk for flavor.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?egg

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey D or someone else,

since we're into diet analyzation mode in this thread, can you take a quick look at mine?

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22247&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

I just got onto my cutting diet about a week and a half ago, and that's about what I base it on every day. (meaning, that's around what I get each day)

One change, is that I've changed the 2 eggs in the morning to 4 egg whites instead... so basically that takes off 10 grams of fat and adds around 6-8 g of protein.

I know that the heart of the plan (cutting or bulking) is in the diet, so I want to make sure that I have that secure. Thanks for input guys.

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey help here?

Hey what do i do to lose wieght and look tough quick mostly wanna lose my fat... im a fat @$$,... lol
im
height:bout 5'6
weight: 175

So how do i go about losing wieght fast and looking good for the ladies???

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another MRP with a scoop of whey protein? What time do you recommend assuming I go to bed around 11 pm?
Do your MRP during the day, not at night.
As for the meal before bed, eat it right at 11. It's just like any other meal, except you have to keep in mind that it will be your last meal for the next 8 hours or so. Pick something to eat from this list:

Flax oil
Skim Milk
Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
Lean Meat or Tuna

By the way, Esmer, eat all your tuna out of the can (I assume when you're eating a tuna sandwich that you have mayo in there). Also, stop eating egg yolks (too many calories). If you have to eat Subway, go double meat chicken breast on 6 inch wheat with no condiments. BTW, Subway is not such a clear choice. Try a Chicken Whopper w/o mayo, a plain Chicken McGrill, or a grilled chicken salad w/o dressing if you need to switch it up. Instead of the two protein bars do either a MRP or skim milk + flax oil. Get rid of all these eggs, and replace them with oats + whey. I know something is up when I see someone's diet plan and it doesnt have any oatmeal in it. Eat that **** dude. Anyways good luck, I wanna see this happen.

andyh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post diesel

just one q

why should you avoid carbohydrates like pasta and rice, it's one of the slowest carboyhydrates you can eat and it'll make you bloodsugar more stable and will not give you a sweetooth. and it doesn't peak your insuline wich'll make your body store fat? please explain to me it's prolly something I have overlooked

andyh

Don Juan
Reaction score
fructose which is the main carbohydrate in fruit is a pretty slow carbohydrate, it's not as bad as eating candy or pure sugar. but if you eat a lot of fruits you prolly have to cut down on something else in your diet.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AndyH, pasta and rice are considered high GI (I believe they are around 100). That's why you should avoid them. If you need pasta, certain types of whole wheat pasta are low GI and very good for you.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree. Low-carb diets are most certainly NOT bull****. In fact, they were designed for cutting cycles of pro bodybuilders, and judging from personal experience, they work quite well. I've lost 50 pounds of fat on a low-carb diet, and gained muscle in the process. That's right - my biceps, forearms, abs, traps, etc are far bigger now than when i started, but the fat is gone. Strength in the gyms suffers, yes, but overall, i feel incredibly energetic and alert, far more so than usually.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krassus
I have to disagree. Low-carb diets are most certainly NOT bull****. In fact, they were designed for cutting cycles of pro bodybuilders, and judging from personal experience, they work quite well. I've lost 50 pounds of fat on a low-carb diet, and gained muscle in the process. That's right - my biceps, forearms, abs, traps, etc are far bigger now than when i started, but the fat is gone. Strength in the gyms suffers, yes, but overall, i feel incredibly energetic and alert, far more so than usually.
they weren't designed for the cutting cycles of pro bodybuilders. they were designed for the morbidly obese. bodybuilders have just adopted it.

the key to pro bodybuilders' leanness is a lower-carb diet and more importantly TONS OF ANABOLICS

DJ_NIGGRO

Don Juan
Reaction score
How would this sound:

Wake up, 20-30 minutes of HIIT cardio with my elliptical (I know u think they suck diesel but thats all I've gotz! :D )

Morning meal: Protein shake (whey + flavor mixed with water/skim milk)

mid morning snack-????? (I have no idea)

Lunch- Salad(no cheese) with a can of tuna, Light dressing

Mid Afternoon snack-?????? (once again no idea)

Dinner- Lean meat or chicken or fish with vegetables

Right before bed- Another shake as in the morning meal shake.

Im going to be at work during those mid afternoon snacks, so it has to be something I can carry or store easily. I was thinking beef Jerky maybe?

let me know if this would work for fat loss.

AnonymousEmcee

Reaction score
Cutting again...any critiques?

Okay Diesel (or whoever else is particularly competant), maybe you could critique my routine and supplementation for my upcoming cutting cycle (diet I've got down pretty well, if my last cutting cycle is any indication), and tell me how efficient it is.

Workouts:
Intense lifting (all supersets, half-hour per body part)
Monday: pecs, tris, Tuesday: legs, abs, Wednesday: bis, back, Thursday: abs, HIIT cardio, Friday (Shoulders, assorted upper body work I didn't get to). Sat/Sun off.

The instesity of these workout is ridiculously high, as I lift heavy and don't really take breathers between sets. Do I need more cardio? If so, how much more? I'm always wary of adding in cardio on days when I'm already lifting, but is that just irrational?

Anyway, here's the supplement amounts I'll be on (and timing):
Whey protein: right before workout (40 g), right after workout (80 g)
Soy protein/egg protein (slow release stuff): before bed (40 g)
Creatine: before workout (1 tbl), after workout (1 tbl)
Glutamine: after workout (1.5 g)
Non-ephedra fat burner: before each meal.

This supplementation worked wonders for me while I was bulking. Should I change it up for cutting? The rest of my diet will be low-calorie and low-fat, usually about 3 fairly small (no more than 600 cals) meals, and I end up getting around 100-120 more grams of protein. So, is this good in terms of supplement timing and amounts?

I've just come off a pretty successful bulking cycle and I'm in the transition period right now, looking to begin cutting next week. I did, however, gain a bit more fat than I'd have liked to (still got a six-pack and such, but barely). Anyway, I'm 5'10'' and about 180. At the end of my last cutting cycle, I was just under 170, and I would estimate about 7 or 8 pounds of what I gained to be muscle. Last time, I lost more muscle and a lot more strength than I'd like to (my bench 10-rep weight, for example, went from 235 pre-cutting to 185 post-cutting). If at all possible, I want to really minimize that loss this time.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intensity is good - supplementation and nutrition sounds good don't worry about... the only thing to remember is on the supersets to fail at about 4-5 reps before you switch exercises...

You will lose a little mass and a little strength when you cut if you're not on anabolics - it's simple math: less calories - less energy - less strength. So don't sweat it too much - but like I said, your best hedge is to try and lift heavy - and if you have to - you don't have to do supersets (to presumably burn more cals??) take your breaks - remember the fat loss will come primarily from your cardio and diet... NOT YOUR LIFTING.

If you find your strength is taking a beating on the supersets, just try doing straight sets for a week or two and see how that feels.... listen to your body, it rarely leads you wrong.

as to your routine:

- I tend to do legs first in the week, when I'm at my freshest (and strongest) followed by back, chest, and so on..

- I would probably throw in at least one more cardio session and probably up to 3-4 sessions per week toward the last 3-4 weeks of the cutting cycle (when you can't really cut anymore calories without it becoming ridiculously catabolic! )

everything else sounds solid..

good luck bro,
D

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_NIGGRO
How would this sound:

Wake up, 20-30 minutes of HIIT cardio with my elliptical (I know u think they suck diesel but thats all I've gotz! :D )

Morning meal: Protein shake (whey + flavor mixed with water/skim milk)

mid morning snack-????? (I have no idea)

Lunch- Salad(no cheese) with a can of tuna, Light dressing

Mid Afternoon snack-?????? (once again no idea)

Dinner- Lean meat or chicken or fish with vegetables

Right before bed- Another shake as in the morning meal shake.

Im going to be at work during those mid afternoon snacks, so it has to be something I can carry or store easily. I was thinking beef Jerky maybe?

let me know if this would work for fat loss.
I can't see how you can do an effective HIIT workout on an empty stomach.