Attention Admin: Your 10-post rule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Allen = admin = god of sosuave.

And I am still on the fence about whether this is good or not. I guess Allen just got sick and tired of all the multiple posts and threads happening, I don't blame him. I mean, even Latinoman who is a good contributor, was REPOSTING his same posts, in the same threads! If this was my forum, I'd be annoyed as well.
I will break a few eggs to make sure people eat some scramble eggs.

If I took my time to give SERIOUS advice...and after two pages, I take my time and add more SERIOUS advice....and two more pages later, I add another bit of SERIOUS advice...if the thread reaches 8 or 10 pages, and NEW people that did not feel like reading several pages ask for the same advice, you better believe that I will REPOST those three posts and repeat the advice I gave and was lost between pages and pages of Iqqi-trolling and bickering. I will in fact, direct them to those three posts (by providing post # and a quote).

You see? I rarely repost the same advice in the same thread...unless that thread has reached SEVERAL pages of bickering and fighting...burying my SOLID-SERIOUS advice. And typically YOU are the common denominator in those bickering-trolling 10+ pagers.

Repeating solid advice in a 10+ pager should not be the issue. The issue should be the trolls-bickering that buried SOLID advice in a 10+ page thread.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I actually hit the 10 post limit today. If i characterized myself as only a casual poster here, I'd be an understatement.

The top 10-15 posters tend to "drive the train" and keep alive a forum to the extent that hundreds of readers come back often to read the new information. Given that, I'm not so sure that effectively punishing the top contributers is the brightest idea to date.

If you want to reduce # of hits to the forum/website though and if you guys have mounting charges based on hits, then this is a wonderful idea. I'm certain anyone that's monitoring traffic to the site will quickly confirm this.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another idea:

If only some specific people post more than they should and most of those posts are nonsense then they should be subject to the 10-post rule as punishment. I consider it to be probation.

There is no reason for the 10-post rule to affect everybody just because of the actions of the few.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Another idea:

If only some specific people post more than they should and most of those posts are nonsense then they should be subject to the 10-post rule as punishment. I consider it to be probation.

There is no reason for the 10-post rule to affect everybody just because of the actions of the few.
Ummm, that would involve dealing with the problem directly by treating those posters differently. Wouldn't that go directly against the concept that we're all equal in that everyone should be able to post whatever they'd like? I love Democracy! :up:

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
If I took my time to give SERIOUS advice...and after two pages, I take my time and add more SERIOUS advice....and two more pages later, I add another bit of SERIOUS advice...if the thread reaches 8 or 10 pages, and NEW people that did not feel like reading several pages ask for the same advice, you better believe that I will REPOST those three posts and repeat the advice I gave and was lost between pages and pages of Iqqi-trolling and bickering. I will in fact, direct them to those three posts (by providing post # and a quote).

You see? I rarely repost the same advice in the same thread...unless that thread has reached SEVERAL pages of bickering and fighting...burying my SOLID-SERIOUS advice. And typically YOU are the common denominator in those bickering-trolling 10+ pagers..
Dude don't blame this one on me. I am thinking of a specific thread where you and Keto went back and forth, making the thread 10 pages long, and you replied to him with a post that you already posted (to him, I believe!) not too far back on that same very thread. And posted in another thread. That is ridiculous. So don't label my few posts in that thread as "bickering and fighting".

Nice try. Ah, what would some of you do without iqqi the scapegoat. Pathetic. :down:

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Nice try. Ah, what would some of you do without iqqi the scapegoat. Pathetic. :down:

:up:

You seem to be the resident lightning rod but I still value your contributions. Actually, how people respond to you gives me a clear picture of where they are at with respect to women. It seems that many are bitter AFCs seeking attention by getting into a battle of the sexes with you and somehow thinking they are more macho by doing so.

Don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily agree with everything you post but I don't discount it as not being helpful. Even if I think you are wrong the fact that you may believe it to be right can be used as a metaphor for understanding women more clearly.

In a sense, you are the female conscience on the shoulder of aspiring DJs in this forum. Cheers!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am now officially 110% against the 10 post rule. I logged on today at around 4pm and made a post. I made another post, then BAM! it with the error message and I lost everything I had typed. Clicking back didn't do anything. That was the first time I got hit with the error.

So now I have no idea how many posts I have left. And I have no idea when my last post happens and there is no way to know if a post I make will go through. I don't even know if this will go through.

I hope the tests the admin team is running is over soon and it can show how the 10 post rule is a failure. Unless of course Sosuave wants to ban fun and remove the sense of community...

Edit:

:crackup: @ azanon

Edited: To obviously save a post

Last edited:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I am now officially 110% against the 10 post rule.
Now, now, Maxtro! You know this rule was meant to stop heavy, excessive posters like you. 1400 posts in 4 years. The horror! You're AVERAGING an entire post a day. Way too excessive, .......... obviously!

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Dude don't blame this one on me. I am thinking of a specific thread where you and Keto went back and forth, making the thread 10 pages long, and you replied to him with a post that you already posted (to him, I believe!) not too far back on that same very thread. And posted in another thread. That is ridiculous. So don't label my few posts in that thread as "bickering and fighting".

Iqqi...you have a SNATCH...and I have a C@CK.
You are a member of Loveshack...and I am NOT.

Who would benefit from this place going down? Pick one.
(a) Latinoman
(b) Iqqi

You have been CHECK MATED.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this rule is a good rule. Hopefully it will cut down on IQQIs spam.

I've been on ss.com for several years on and off, but I've never understood why FEMALES come to a MALE board (especially ss.com) to dish out 'advice'. ****, if I wanted chick-logic-advice, I'd go to loveshack.

Man, we need more posters like (.)(.) and PRL.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares?

It's just a message board on the internet!

If you're in dire need to post 10 times a day, then you really should re-evaluate your life's direction.

I think they should limit it to 2. Seriously.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10 posts? whats this all about?

when did sosuave start limiting your posts to 10 per every 24 hours?

yesturday i posted replies and made some edits, and then bam, i get locked out for 24 hours.

are they trying to drive people away?

who ever heard of a forum where they didn't want people to post?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ya, it's stupid. i've posted 10 replies in under 10 minutes before.

i can rattle off a 2 paragraph response in like 30 seconds half the time.

so on a night like tonight where i feel like killing an hour on sosuave, i get cut off in like 10 minutes.

oh well, the powers that be have spoken. "iceburg? what iceburg? don't be silly. go back to your job. and don't tell the passangers about any iceburg. everything is just fine."

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
ya, it's stupid. i've posted 10 replies in under 10 minutes before.

i can rattle off a 2 paragraph response in like 30 seconds half the time.

so on a night like tonight where i feel like killing an hour on sosuave, i get cut off in like 10 minutes.

oh well, the powers that be have spoken. "iceburg? what iceburg? don't be silly. go back to your job. and don't tell the passangers about any iceburg. everything is just fine."

you could create a couple extra user names...

comic_relief

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
. In my experience, the man with the least amount of bullets shoots the straightest.
Not necessarily. Scarcity does not improve skill - but what is certain is that he will run out of ammo first.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
think they'd let me register f*ckyour10posts as a user name :)

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Bible Belt came up with the real reason for the post limit.

Namely someone must be unhappy with the bandwidth bill.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it's been awhile. The forum is not doing so good as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.