Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attention Admin: Your 10-post rule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have reached the maximum number of posts (10) allowed in a 1440 minute period for this forum.

This is retarded. :down:

Maybe the edit feature works until my ban expires.

So now we basically can't have any off-topic discussion. Lookyoung and I can't have a thread talking about mma, because then I use up my posts on that. I just tried to give someone what I thought was some decent advice that would improve this site, but it blocks me because of posts I made last night. Some people just post a lot; that does not make people who do a bunch of time-wasting trolls. If someone says something I agree with, I will often post a one word "agreed" after them. Some "quantity" one-word posts still make this site better.

What is the real problem here? Is someone upset about the bandwidth bills? This web site defines "don juan" as a lifestyle that goes beyond women; the dj is supposed to build a life away from girls, but then people who talk about anything but women get chastised for it. That does not make sense.

Last edited:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quality Over Quantity

Me personally, I am glad for the restricition of posting. This could be a sign of SoSuave turning for the better. In my experience, the man with the least amount of bullets shoots the straightest. Hopefully now people will put more thought into their responses before hitting the Reply Button. I would say something like five posts-per-day would be even better but I guess that is not going to happen.

There is waaay too much off topic crap in the main forums. If you wanna shoot the sh!t about something, go to another site.

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your opinion would have more weight if you supported it, Bible Belt.

I think I post too much, but rarely need to make as many as 10 a day. Did you read the announcement?

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
I think this is absolutely fantastic! I am in support of this rule 100%. No one should need to make more than 10 posts/day.

Good decision Allen!
I also think this is a good decision. This is the first time since I have been here that they made any kind of change. I think this is a change for the better. You have some trolls who come here for a day and than rack up 40 posts. This will cut down on the crap. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not see why ten+ post a day are necessary. Surely you can discuss MMA over IM if it goes over ten posts.

The post rule is more a problem to trolls/spammers/some masterbation discussion

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this the only web forum on the Internet that has this rule? It sounds like it came completely out of thin air. This is the only web site I have ever seen that consists entirely of user participation, then looks down on that act of participating. The irony of posting on the Internet about how you are too cool to post on the Internet is laughable. Other web forums, regardless of what they are about, do not look down upon people who use the forum a lot. On the R1 motorcycle forum, people aren't posting - "hey you loser, you post too much, you should be out riding."

So what if I want to sit in front of the computer a lot? That is what this ridiculous attitude of sosuave stems from - the idea that the more you are on a computer, then the bigger loser you must be. I think I have a life that a lot of people would envy; I have more pvssy than I know what to do with. Posting on sosuave or spending time on the Internet is not a bad thing. I can sit on myspace or dating sites and pull all the chicks I want and have done it plenty. Being on a computer does not make one a big fat loser with women. That is the inherent misconception upon which the post limit rule is based.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The post rule doesn't just hurt trolls and spammers.

It hurts the guys who come here for advice and have questions who need immediate follow up to more questions that they have and when you are trying to give advice to say two or three new posters who make a topic where they need help you will quickly be unable to continue a dialogue with them because of this stupid new rule.

If bandwidth costs are a concern Allen should load the site with advertisements. A lot of people would hate that but its fixable for those who wouldn't like it by them using the Mozilla Firefox browser, the adblock plugin and filterset G plugin and its far more preferable to load the site with advertisements than to have this stupid rule in place.

If it really is about getting more quality posts and reducing spam do what other forums have done and its simply make a more sane and sensible time limit like say 5-10 minutes in between posts.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see why sosuave admin created this rule. At first, I nodded my head as I can understand the concern about the quality of this board diminishing. And I could see the 10-post-count as the rule, especially when the person with the most posts in this message board averages a little over 8 posts per day.

However, here are some issues:

1) Trolls will always find a way to break the rules. All they have to do is create multiple IDs. First id loses 10 "lives"...then comes the next ID...and the next...and the next.

2) Some quality posters might have an average of 4 posts per day. However, that could be misleading. Maybe that poster is away from sosuave for 10 or 15 days. And then he comes back and post in one day about 15 or 20 posts (asking for advice, clarifying his original post, greeting people, providing his own advice) to then be gone for 5 or so days.

3) Some threads (such as the U.S. gas prices one) are intelligent threads that encourage intelligent debate and Q&A sessions. No one will want to waste their post counts in such threads, especially when most people in here rather give dating advice.

4) There is no clarity about PMs counting toward the 10-posts rule.

5) Like KontrollerX (which just hit the 10 post mark) stated, "It hurts the guys who come here for advice and have questions who need immediate follow up to more questions that they have and when you are trying to give advice to say two or three new posters who make a topic where they need help you will quickly be unable to continue a dialogue with them because of this" rule.

I will follow the rules. I don’t care on way or the other. I know I will face some situations such as: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144457 where I gave serious advice to original poster. But another poster in similar situation came and appears to want advice too. I won't give it to him because I rather save my posts counts for later.

I am sure that putting a 10-post-count constraint for every poster was the easiest way to deal with this as it does not require any algorism (which might be the case if they were to assign different post-count-constraints to posters based on a series of quantitative parameters).

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thumbs up here.

I would say that most guys who roll in needing help post a thread, and come back in half an hour. Long dialogs are rare.

BUT, is there a warning after you make post #9? "Make the last one count"?

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just for clarity.. is this 10 POSTS or 10 STARTED THREADS??

i think this rule (IF POSTS) is absolutely absurd. you cant ruin the whole bunch because of a few trolls. you will be dilluting the quality advice on this forum because of this restriction.

i myself have posted more than 10 times in a given day in a single thread. HOWEVER look at how many TOTAL posts i have since my inception 5 years ago. that doesnt make me a troll or a flame who is simply "posting to post"

i am averaging less than .03 posts a day, but have posted MORE than 10 in a given day. ESPECIALLY if the QUALITY of posts on a given day are greater than the day prior.

sometimes i have quality ideas or things to discuss that require actual DISCUSSION.

this is not a good sign for the forum direction.... IMO

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
I can see why sosuave admin created this rule. At first, I nodded my head as I can understand the concern about the quality of this board diminishing. And I could see the 10-post-count as the rule, especially when the person with the most posts in this message board averages a little over 8 posts per day.

However, here are some issues:

1) Trolls will always find a way to break the rules. All they have to do is create multiple IDs. First id loses 10 "lives"...then comes the next ID...and the next...and the next.

2) Some quality posters might have an average of 4 posts per day. However, that could be misleading. Maybe that poster is away from sosuave for 10 or 15 days. And then he comes back and post in one day about 15 or 20 posts (asking for advice, clarifying his original post, greeting people, providing his own advice) to then be gone for 5 or so days.

3) Some threads (such as the U.S. gas prices one) are intelligent threads that encourage intelligent debate and Q&A sessions. No one will want to waste their post counts in such threads, especially when most people in here rather give dating advice.

4) There is no clarity about PMs counting toward the 10-posts rule.

I will follow the rules. I don’t care on way or the other. I know I will face some situations such as: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144457 where I gave serious advice to original poster. But another poster in similar situation came and appears to want advice too. I won't give it to him because I rather save my posts counts for later.

I am sure that putting a 10-post-count constraint for every[/]b poster was the easiest way to deal with this as it does not require any algorism (which might be the case if they were to assign different post-count-constraints to posters based on a series of quantitative parameters).

1. Trolls will ALWAYS find ways around stuff, however, do you know how much of a pain it would be for them to mass register? By that time, they are spotted and shown the door.

2. A few of us have expressed that and are awaiting a reply. However, how often do you see that happen? Most of the threads where someone replies more than 10 times in one usually involves such phrases as "you f*cking idiot!," "dumb*ss," or "again, this is why I'm better than you."

3. Notice the title of the announcement: "Quality over quantity." Save your replies and make 1 very good reply in a thread like that instead of 5-10 2 sentence replies.

4. PM's are a different thing entirely and, as far as I know (unless we get told otherwise), PM's don't count for the "10 Rule."

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Latinoman
exactly! im already down to 8 posts for the rest of the day now. i hope there arent more than 1 or 2 SERIOUS issues that i am able to address otherwise my voice will not be heard.

Real_Deal

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a strange rule and I don't agree with it.
I'm afraid this rule is going to hamper threads where people discuss an issue and encourage posting monolithic replies which try to address an entire thread at once.

I can see how this will hamper the few bad eggs here that like to bicker and troll. In the end I think this idea will harm the site more than help.

That said, this is a creative idea which I have never seen on a forum before. It will be interesting to see how well this rule works out!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
You have some trolls who come here for a day and than rack up 40 posts. This will cut down on the crap. I think this is a step in the right direction.
I think this is exactly why the rule went into affect. BUT the rule is way too all encompassing.

Why not just limit new members to 10 posts a day? If somebody has only been here for a month then limit them. But to also limit the respected members who have been here for years is ludicrous.

This 10 post a day rule can and most likely will lead to a mass exodus from sosuave.

I'm all for controlling trolls and trying to prevent spamming from n00bs but having it affect everybody else is too harsh.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggestion to Moderators in relation to 10-post-limit

I am posting this in the Mature Forum, because the suggestion I will provide will not be beneficial to the other forums. And I feel the Mature Forum, although not perfect (and everybody here, including myself, has fallen into the not-perfect category), is a forum that distinguishes itself over the others due to the “quality” aspects of it.

Here are possible solutions to the problem:

1-Limit to 5 posts per day to first time posters for x amount of active days. “Active days” can be defined as the number of days that person has at least posted once in the Forum (lurkers don’t count). Maybe 10-20 days might be appropriate. Some sort of “probation” period. [That will discourage new trolls as the older trolls should already be banned]

2-Give indefinite number of posts (or limit to 25 per day) to 10-15% of SoSuave members. Choose those top 10-15% of posters based on a number of combined parameters. These parameters could be a combination of number of total posts and/or longevity and/or age (over 25 should be a MUST) and/or sex. Whichever parameter(s) you use, keep it to yourself. If most of the quality posters don’t make the cut…then readjust the parameters. You already know who are the best posters and who are the potential trolls.

3-The remaining 85-90% that don’t make #2 should abide by 10-posts-per-day rule.

4-In a case by case basis, hand pick a particular poster that you feel should be considered as part of list #2, but did not meet the minimum requirements. For the same token, eliminate those that you feel should NOT be part of list #2 but happen to meet the minimum requirements.

Maybe this is something to consider for the future. Little work at first…but will considerably improve sosuave.

You see? Having a 10-post-per-day limit for everybody bring some issues:

1) The issue here is that the number one reason people come to this board is to either give or take advice in relationship issues. I personally preach the self-improvement part, but most men looking for advice in here do it due to relationship issues. Therefore, rooms such as “Anything Else” and “Health & Fitness” will eventually die.

2) Trolls will always find a way to break the rules. All they have to do is create multiple IDs. First id loses 10 "lives"...then comes the next ID...and the next...and the next.

3) Some quality posters might have an average of 4 posts per day. However, that could be misleading. Maybe that poster is away from sosuave for 10 or 15 days. And then he comes back and post in one day about 15 or 20 posts (asking for advice, clarifying his original post, greeting people, providing his own advice) to then be gone for 5 or so days.

5) Some threads (such as the U.S. gas prices one) are intelligent threads that encourage intelligent debate and Q&A sessions. No one will want to waste their post counts in such threads, especially when most people in here rather give dating advice.

6) Like KontrollerX stated in another thread, "It hurts the guys who come here for advice and have questions who need immediate follow up to more questions that they have and when you are trying to give advice to say two or three new posters who make a topic where they need help you will quickly be unable to continue a dialogue with them because of this" rule.

It is ultimately your decision. But remember, based on the testimonials, this place has helped a LOT of people. Especially here in the mature forum. And any given day…some of the best posters might have to post over 10 posts in order to really help somebody that future could depend on us.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the Suggestions & Feedback forum closed, all site suggestions (including those to specific forums) were re-directed to the Anything Else forum. Thus, that is where site suggestions belong.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2-Give indefinite number of posts (or limit to 25 per day) to 10-15% of SoSuave members. Choose those top 10-15% of posters based on a number of combined parameters. These parameters could be a combination of number of total posts and/or longevity and/or age (over 25 should be a MUST) and/or sex.
Ideas like this require an incredible amount of work. The Moderator's job is to keep the forums a friendly place for people to discuss seduction, relationships, and self-improvement. Forum changes are the ultimate decision of the forum admin.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Ideas like this require an incredible amount of work. The Moderator's job is to keep the forums a friendly place for people to discuss seduction, relationships, and self-improvement. Forum changes are the ultimate decision of the forum admin.
Good point.

I don't understand the forum software or if it comes with some sort of algorism that could facilitate that.

Anyway, whichever you guys feel work best, that's fine. I know the forum was getting out of hand with all the trolls and something had to be done. I clearly understand that.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no limit to how many Private Messages you can send in one day. If there's a play-by-play discussion you're having with a member(he needs help, you help him), then use the private message feature. If you want, post the transcript at a later time.

Or you could always exchange email addresses or better yet, instant messenger. Or even go to the SS chat room.

Personally, I don't see much need for someone to post more than 10 times in one day. Sure it's doable, but is it necessary?

Perhaps it would be best to try the system out for a time, and then if and when problems arise, we can deal with them.

good thinking Latino, although as Des says, it's quite a load of work and is just another ball to juggle, which we avoid if we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.