Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attention Admin: Your 10-post rule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Not necessarily. Scarcity does not improve skill - but what is certain is that he will run out of ammo first.
Tell that to a sniper.

When every shot counts and you have sufficient time, accuracy is everything. Here on SS.net we have and endless supply of time to concider before posting. I still say it's not that bad. I hit the post limit once since the change and waiting 24 hours before being able to post again isn't as painful as one might think.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, the answer always comes down to money. I can only guess that this site pays for itself by selling newsletter leads and also a small ad revenue, mostly it is designed to generate leads for the seduction gurus. Newbies pay the bills. Unfortunately, the admin here can't understand that newbies come here to read the posts of the veteran contributors. He sees us as mooching off of him, getting free entertainment at his expense. It's a sad way to treat the people who make this site great.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I see someone posting very frequently the first thing I think is they are not applying the concepts and principles here in the real world with real women.

I have repeated this number of times but the real work in developing yourself as a man and in dealing with women is in the field, not here.

Get your ideas here, discuss them, and then take them into the real world. Practice. Bring your results back here, discuss them, learn some more. REPEAT AS NEEDED.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
I think Bible Belt came up with the real reason for the post limit.

Namely someone must be unhappy with the bandwidth bill.
I'm guessing this is the same someone that's never heard of advertising and marketing to help fund a website.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No guys it's not about money, remember the announcement? It's about quality over quantity. One day he was looking at the site and decided the quality had to go up.

Anyway, I've already said I'd even pay to have a premium membership. A lot of guys would.

Anyone notice that the PM box can store more messages now?

##17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously? I think that the guys who consistently give great advice, like Latinoman, joekerr, and a few others, should be allowed to post as many times as they feel necessary. I don't think that EVERYONE should be allowed this, but I think that there are a few on here who have earned it.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a "Re-post". But I'm wondering, under these "new rules", should this count as as a half-post, or as TWO posts???? Let's see...:crazy:

Since the announcement was made, I have noticed either a DECLINE in the frequency of posts, or an unmistakeable lack of ENERGY within the posts that are made------this is more true in some sections than in others.

True, this "rule" may add a positive benefit to some of the forums here over time, however, the Mature Man section, in particular, seems a much more sterile, lethargic, and increasingly desolate place over the past week or so. But is that just MY imagination????

It would appear that So Suave is flirting with the possibility of becoming more a Discussion "BORED", as opposed to a Discussion Board. But who knows, I could be wrong.

I also concur with Macavoy and Thundermaverick (and others...) when they mentioned how just the very "idea" that there is now an imposed "Posting CAP", it has only presented them with a deterrant FROM posting, as opposed to filling them with a desire to post "MO BETTER".

And YES, I realize it's "just a message board", but what might be in jeopardy here is the something BIGGER----yet more intangible:

The sense of camaraderie, the strength of the online, bond of brotherhood that has been formed, and MOST IMPORTANTLY------the danger of extinguishing the "almost" unbridled ENTHUSIASM with which many of the more knowledgeable of us here ordinarily reach out to our brothers IN NEED.

In "real life" my commitment to be the best man that I can be by pursuing my spiritual, relational, and financial goals is NEVERENDING. And so is my willingness to reach out to help others that I encounter along the way. But I also enjoy being an asset to my brothers (and some sisters) on here as well.

It saddens me to think that instead of Global Warming (a TEMPORARY attempt at shaking some things up), what we COULD actually be experiencing is, in fact, a Climate Change (a PERMANENT decision to begin making snowball-like changes in the So Suave atmosphere).

Sure, there could be a lot of overreacting going on here, but what's really at stake here (for ME, at least), is the close-knit community that So Suave has previously fostered. In essence, I have observed that it very well may be "BECAUSE" of our freedom to post so frequently that valuable "online" relationships of MUTUAL RESPECT are even born.

And there IS an argument that can be made that it is also BECAUSE certain posters DO post frequently "enough" that the visitors are actually able to get a good enough grasp of those poster's personalities and mindsets-----a grasp strong enough to discern which posters to pay closer attention to, depending on the specificities of the problem.

For a man's body of work, his consistency of output, in real life, or even on a message board, tends to tell the story of WHO he is.

In fact, it was the CONSISTENCY and the FREQUENCY of many of the legendary So Suave posters that inspired ME to join and contribute to this particular site a few years ago.

Here's some questions:

What if I had not found them?

What If they had not posted enough for me to come to respect their viewpoints?

Here's the answer:

Life would have been great regardless. But would it have been AS great, AS quickly? Who knows...

In conclusion, it is my HOPE that this new rule is NOT merely a precursor of others to come. MORE rules that are even MORE restrictive------that may accidentally douse the fire burning in the hearts of some of the better CURRENT posters on here------thus DISCOURAGING them from contributing as much as they would like, or worse-----not contributing AT ALL.

But regardless, I have thoroughly ENJOYED my stay here so far. And who knows what the future holds, it COULD all turn out for the better...but if it doesn't, remember one thing, troops:

When the going get's tough, the tough always go UNDERGROUND.

This is Victory Unlimited...and I "approve" this message.

And as always...MARCH ON.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally the ten post rule has helped me.
its made me think about what im going to post
i dont just waste my posts now
i can see why people are annoyed though.
it limits people rights of freedom.
I can understand why the mods aren't making it more complicated so its more efficient to us the members
it would just be too hard to control people giving good advice
although this would be better. Each post would have to be moderating and determined whether it is good advice or not
The mods have a life too you know.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's something Orwellian about saying this rule is about quality over quantity. It's the opposite. What the rule does is drive away the people who post the quality. A lot of veteran sosuave posters are pissed off about this rule, and a lot of people who make this site better will be leaving. But think about it - this site is about selling newsletters. Quality posts accessible for free do not sell newsletters. Admin doesn't want guys to be able to solve their problems here - he is happy with them being confused by a bunch of newbie posts and driven to buy a newsletter or guru product. This is modern capitalism. Quality is not profitable. Wal-Mart is the top dog of retail, and they got that way by peddling cheap crap from China. They would sell top-end quality stuff if that made more money, but it obviously does not. There is a point in the offering of a product where quality detracts from profitability. With the business model of susuave - a free forum that is designed to generate leads for gurus - that point of detracting quality is reached very quickly.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Joekerr. I don't even post anymore. The only time I post is to b!tch about the new 10 post rule.

I think bible belt's explanation on the whole situation (Allen being a cheap ass) is less insulting to me.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read and post here most always from work. I have an "intellectual" desk job and this serves as a distraction because concentrating on one thing all day is counterproductive. At least that's my rationale for goofing off.

Reading and posting here doesn't keep me from a life. I'd just read more fark.com or something as a break I guess.

I can see why the limit is put in place. Look at a lot of the posts in this very thread. Douche bags have small gestation times.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cannot believe this 10-post rule STILL on. I found out the "hard way" early today. Funny thing is that I only post 4 or 5 posts today. I guess posts from last night and yesterday afternoon were part of the 24-hour rule.

No wonder people are leaving.

Reaction score
All forums should have this rule.... These things get addicting as heck, and some people(Like me) would benefit from having self blocked after 10 post.. Hey.... I may even start to get a life because of it..LMAO!..

Hmmm where do I wann use up my next 8 post???....

Reaction score
I think it is trying to focus more of quality of the subject matter which Sosuave is trying to promote, and to discourage all the I/M type one-on-one banter..

A lot of people come to a forum to talk about what they are doing or the weather..ect ect... Just takes awy from the forum mission, and plugs up database.

A good offtopic area is still good, because it makes people wanna stay.. Nice to talk about something other than the subjects the forum is about..

Offtopic is great , if people would keep it interresting for everyone, and stop the one-on-one type postings.. Just get the person's email or something..

I've studied vbulletin and building a community.... Not the easiest thing, and you need to bring people in by creating interresting subjects.. It's a steady balance of trying to keep the forum mission alive, bringing in members, and keeping them..

I wanted to start my owm, but reallly it's a lot of work.... more than I though it would be..

Case Sensitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
EricInTheHouse said:
I've studied vbulletin and building a community.... Not the easiest thing, and you need to bring people in by creating interresting subjects.. It's a steady balance of trying to keep the forum mission alive, bringing in members, and keeping them..

I wanted to start my owm, but reallly it's a lot of work.... more than I though it would be..
A new forum has already been started. You have to look to find it. It's right in front of your eyes but you can't see it unless you know what you're looking for. I can only show you the door, you are the one who has to go through it...

Reaction score
Case Sensitive said:
A new forum has already been started. You have to look to find it. It's right in front of your eyes but you can't see it unless you know what you're looking for. I can only show you the door, you are the one who has to go through it...
I have a feeling if I walk through the door, I will find a purplr room with shiny lights, and a bed covered with velvet sheets... Oh and you standing there naked with a glass of Dr. Pepper... Not going to entice me with that Dr. Pepper.. Dr.Pepper aint that good..

Nah.. I'll pass...:moon:

Case Sensitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
EricInTheHouse said:
I have a feeling if I walk through the door, I will find a purplr room with shiny lights, and a bed covered with velvet sheets... Oh and you standing there naked with a glass of Dr. Pepper... Not going to entice me with that Dr. Pepper.. Dr.Pepper aint that good..

Nah.. I'll pass...:moon:
Haha, yep ya got me! There is no secret forum. Adios

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
10 POST A DAY RULE MUST CHANGE!!! Come on mods!

Its very lame to have this limit when we are trying to have discussions and the site is now glitchy it make you waste 2 days sometimes to post. Why is it that when forums get popular these odd power moves always happen by mods? WHY?:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Who Agree that the site need to go back to 24 hour posting for all?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.