Zoo for first date?

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone ever done this and how was it? I might ask a girl to come meet me at the zoo on Saturday. Not sure yet though.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if you really want to go to the zoo to see some animals then it is great....but if u don't really care about it and are only going for the girl, then i don't see the point of going...meeting up for a quick drink is easier and more straightforward......

Rule number one: don't do anything you don't want to or feel like doing for a new chick...

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
True.. I just figure she'd be into that. I love animals too. I am going there with my cousin so I thought I'd invite the girl there since I'm gonna be around. Plus it's very close to where she lives. Or... I can just take her for a drink or something at a cafe like I said when I asked for her number: "Give me your number and we'll catch up for a coffee or something." <

we both don't drink alcohol so that's why I mentioned coffee.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for coffee. What if you don't like her or she's annoying? Then you have to spend the whole day at the zoo with her.

Coffee or alcohol is the ideal first date.

1. Short
2. Cheap
3. You sit face to face so you talk and learn about her.

j0504s

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ConcernedLauries Bed w/ olivia...NY/SoFlo
If you will enoy it then you do it.
example I love ice skating b/c i am ahockey player, so its always been a goto first date idea for me...also if you do something fun and interactive you see if they can actually have fun with out alcohol/drugz in their system. see if they have a real personality.
If the girl sux then atleast im skating so im happy!
dont know if helped but my 2 cents

suggestion...
go for coffee if you like her be like, i got an awsome idea lets check out the zoo. makes you look spontaneous and fun. problem solved, playa!

self-respect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uncharted said:
Go for coffee. What if you don't like her or she's annoying? Then you have to spend the whole day at the zoo with her.

Coffee or alcohol is the ideal first date.

1. Short
2. Cheap
3. You sit face to face so you talk and learn about her.
+1. Plus if you don't like her, it's easy to cut and run and do other things.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Assuming you don't mean Manhattan, I would only go to the zoo on a second (or higher) date, and only if she tells you she loves the zoo.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude don't go to the freaking zoo, what are you 5 bro?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its a great idea. Gives you a chance to talk in a more quiet/light setting. Its low pressure and lots of chances for kino.

I've done the zoo date before and the girl gave me props for thinking up something different. She liked animals too.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter she's gonna flake.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say keep it cheap and short. Lead up to the zoo. If this girl is going to annoy you during the zoo visit thing are gonna turn into a suckfest! Drag it out a few dates, take your time, be patient, then lead up to a nice day long date when you are sure you and her click.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like animals so i've been tot he zoo a few times for first dates. in particular when i first moved to LA / del mar and went to the San Diego zoo.

my rule of thumb was that i was always going to do **** that i wanted to do on myf irst date. rather it's whatever.

remember you aer trying to screen for interest. do **** you want to do and see if she tags along. if she doesn't want to do it and wants to ***** and whine then she isn't into you it's that simple girls who don't like you will do **** they dont'; want to do just to be around you, TRUST ME.

that's really why it's so hard for you dudes to get past the first freaking stage, youd on't develop a persona / attitude / definitive personality. if you don't stand out as different what the **** is she going to be in a hurry to watn to make a move on you for? yeah i got flaked on quite a bit on first dates but dammit the ones who showed up i knew were into me beucase we were doing **** i wanted to do. Zoo's, beaches, live jazz ****, **** i want to do,. which allows me to be more aggressive on the first date beucase i know they are there to see ME, not to get me to spend money or to "get out the house" and in turn makes me more attractive in their eyes

get out of the damn starbucks date mold and grow some balls. pick a place you want to go to on your date and stick by your guns. even if she says she doesn't wanna tell her bye.

if you don't have any balls, how can you expect a woman to blow on them later that night lol? you gotta grow balls. stop walking on eggshells with these broads. this is what the **** we are going to do, whatever it is, and you're gonna like it.

backbreaker: "hey broad we are going to to the zoo"
broad: "yeah i wanted to to this or that"
b ackbreaker: lol you are assuming i'm asking you, i'm not, we are going to the zoo, get dressed i will be there in an hour"
backbreaker: dial tone

on top of that if a girl is that much of a prude where she sucks on a date at the freaking zoo then you know what that tells me all i need to know. lol she's going to be a prude at the zoo but she's just the belle of the ball at the coffee shop. doesn't work like that.

if a girl can't have fun at the zoo or go eat a scope of ice cream with me than **** her she can go.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I like animals so i've been tot he zoo a few times for first dates. in particular when i first moved to LA / del mar and went to the San Diego zoo.

my rule of thumb was that i was always going to do **** that i wanted to do on myf irst date. rather it's whatever.

remember you aer trying to screen for interest. do **** you want to do and see if she tags along. if she doesn't want to do it and wants to ***** and whine then she isn't into you it's that simple girls who don't like you will do **** they dont'; want to do just to be around you, TRUST ME.

that's really why it's so hard for you dudes to get past the first freaking stage, youd on't develop a persona / attitude / definitive personality. if you don't stand out as different what the **** is she going to be in a hurry to watn to make a move on you for? yeah i got flaked on quite a bit on first dates but dammit the ones who showed up i knew were into me beucase we were doing **** i wanted to do. Zoo's, beaches, live jazz ****, **** i want to do,. which allows me to be more aggressive on the first date beucase i know they are there to see ME, not to get me to spend money or to "get out the house" and in turn makes me more attractive in their eyes

get out of the damn starbucks date mold and grow some balls. pick a place you want to go to on your date and stick by your guns. even if she says she doesn't wanna tell her bye.

if you don't have any balls, how can you expect a woman to blow on them later that night lol? you gotta grow balls. stop walking on eggshells with these broads. this is what the **** we are going to do, whatever it is, and you're gonna like it.

backbreaker: "hey broad we are going to to the zoo"
broad: "yeah i wanted to to this or that"
b ackbreaker: lol you are assuming i'm asking you, i'm not, we are going to the zoo, get dressed i will be there in an hour"
backbreaker: dial tone

on top of that if a girl is that much of a prude where she sucks on a date at the freaking zoo then you know what that tells me all i need to know. lol she's going to be a prude at the zoo but she's just the belle of the ball at the coffee shop. doesn't work like that.

if a girl can't have fun at the zoo or go eat a scope of ice cream with me than **** her she can go.
Agreed 110%. I go where I want to go if I'm the one doing the asking or telling. Whether it's the Zoo, out to eat or someplace I want to go to or try. If not the chick can keep it moving and we'll meet up some other time. If not. See ya.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would go to the zoo. on like the 3rd or 4th day.

not the first. first is for screening. ( and obvs the fook) everything after that is all the lovely dovey stuff.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Packers2010 said:
i would go to the zoo. on like the 3rd or 4th day.

not the first. first is for screening. ( and obvs the fook) everything after that is all the lovely dovey stuff.
n taking a girl to the zoo on the first date is EXACTLY how you screen

what you think taking a broad to a coffee shop that she's been to 10 times in the last 6 months going through the same bull**** ass first date conversation is screening. what the **** can you possibly find out about a braod that she doesnt' want you to find out about, including if she does really like you or not, at a coffee shop

how is taking a girl to the zoo not screening. first of all if she comes she obviously likes you enough to try something different. that's screening. is she funny, does she have a sense of humor? does she laugh at your gorilla jokes? does she take herself way too seriously? is she a ****? is she afraid to touch anything in the petting zoo? is she a know it all because she thinks she knows everything about every animal in the zoo? is she lazy beucase she doesn't want to walk around the entire zoo? does she let you play touhy feely when you go inside the little dark snake exibihit? this is perfect screening. not sitting in a ****ing resturant talking about how super awesome her bull**** ass job is.

you SCREEN by putting people in positions that they are unfamiliar with or not usually are in on a daily / often basis. You aren't going to find out **** about someone worth a damn in a controlled environment.

i can find out more about a girl in 20 mintues walking around in a zoo than i can in 3 dates at a coffee shop or a resturant easily.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I know her from where I was working (short job). We saw each other everyday for a couple of weeks. I spoke to her first day of the job but then we pretty much never spoke again until yesterday the last day of work. We spent the whole day teasing each other pretty much and I got in a couple of touches (nothing special, just slaps on her arm cause she showed me something) few jokes, lots of talking (she loves to talk) and then we walked together after work and spoke a bit on the way to the train station.

I told her to put her number in my phone and she did not hesitate. I told her we'll catch up soon and she said okay and that was it.

So we have done the getting to know each other a little bit already. I guess that's kinda half a date. Still contemplating coffee or zoo. The thing is I'm already going to the zoo with my cousin but she said she can just go somewhere else if I meet this girl.

Also I thought of the zoo because there's many quite places and alone time where I can make kino moves. Coffee dates can't really do too much kino? I still like coffee dates and walking around the city perhaps. I just want to get kino happening that's all.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Chill...

Espi gets it. Something like the zoo screams "try too hard".

OP, keep dates minimal until you at least think this girl might be worth your time. Plus the zoo is strictly something you can really only visit on the weekends and tends to be a half day affair. Time consuming.

Why would you want to waste a potential free day, of only two in the entire week, on a girl when you have no idea what she might be like?

I value my free time and would take a coffee date or "drinks" after work on a Wednesday/Thursday over dates like the zoo any day of the week. If you're going to get laid then where you take her really isn't that important.
you ****ing "chill"

it's exactly why i vaule my free time why i would take a girl to the zoo. i don't have time to do **** i do in my free time. i have to consolidate the **** i like to do with my dating. i like zoos. I've said that in my first post. the zoo is something i would do if i had 1-2 hours alone. so i take a girl with me.

what i don't do with my free time, the few hours a week i can call free time, is sit in a ****ing coffee shop listening to fake jazz music drinking ****ty coffee

as NN said, it's not per say the zoo. it's whatever it is YOU like to do. if you lik sn the zoo go to the zoo. if you like to roller sake go roller skating. 't try to hard, trying too hard is doing anything other than being yourself. taking a broad to starbucks if you hate coffee is trying too hard.

if you LIKE coffee and LIKE doing **** like that, than do that. but if you don't, don't do it.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Chill...

Espi gets it. Something like the zoo screams "try too hard".

OP, keep dates minimal until you at least think this girl might be worth your time. Plus the zoo is strictly something you can really only visit on the weekends and tends to be a half day affair. Time consuming.

Why would you want to waste a potential free day, of only two in the entire week, on a girl when you have no idea what she might be like?

I value my free time and would take a coffee date or "drinks" after work on a Wednesday/Thursday over dates like the zoo any day of the week. If you're going to get laid then where you take her really isn't that important.
I think you are missing the point here...it shouldn't be about the girl or what she thinks...it should be about what you WANT to do and then she follows...this sets the precedent for a healthy relationship in which she follows your agenda and plans.....never go somewhere you don't want to with a new chick....if you want the zoo then go to the zoo...if you want to go to a freakin daycare center than do that...the girl should just be happy to tag along...

And if you aren't satisfied with the girl at the zoo or she is a major drag you can always find excuses to stop the date early and then go back yourself for more zoo time or whatever you do in your free time...

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
To the Zoo Rock! The Zoo!!

If you have places you want to go and happen to already know the chick and want to invite her I see no problem with it.

If you met her once then maybe something like ice cream, coffee etc.

Myself if I'm going someplace and I feel like inviting a chick it's on me. If it doesn't work out it doesn't. She can take off.

But if you're worried about money and chicks "proving they're worthy". Then do coffee or ice cream.