Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Zombie Ice" will double the expected sea level rise from melting glaciers

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not sure what they plan to do when they already viewed a 5 inch rise in sea levels as a huge deal..

Now a new study finds that so called "Zombie Ice" while still connected to the glaciers are basically dead ice that will continue meeting as it no longer is being replenished from the glacier itself and that there is nothing that can be done to stop it or reverse it now.

This will cause sea levels to rise 10 inches, double what was previously thought.

The effects on coastal cities could be cataclysmic, especially during major storms and hurricanes which will be bringing much more water to bear on those areas.

Essentially, coastal cities may be forced to move inland or simply be destroyed.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They expect this to happen by 2150, and that's a vague guess. There is no telling what could happen by then. I think humanity can solve this existential crisis just like they've solved all the other ones that have come up.

Also, all the corporate press are parroting this so I see it as just more propaganda garbage and fear mongering.

Climate changes. To think that it should remain stable is just people grasping at straws.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Climate changes. To think that it should remain stable is just people grasping at straws.
Exactly. We’ve been monitoring the weather with modern technology for how long ?
Using the data that NOAA currently provides, a 10 day or longer forecast using that technology is only right about 50% of the time.
This planet is older than we actually know, and the climate is ALWAYS changing …
Buy into facts, not fear of the future, and hope humanity learns to live with earth’s living nature, because it can’t be changed…

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
They expect this to happen by 2150, and that's a vague guess. There is no telling what could happen by then. I think humanity can solve this existential crisis just like they've solved all the other ones that have come up.

Also, all the corporate press are parroting this so I see it as just more propaganda garbage and fear mongering.

There is what can happen naturally in climate change and what cannot happen naturally without outside influences.

The way the climate has changed in such a short period of time due to human industrialization and the release of greenhouse gases is not explainable naturally. The amount of record highs and record lows and crazy weather phenomena happening all over the globe every year is not explainable naturally, especially not to the degree which we have seen in terms of some records being broken and in many cases shattered.

Just had 1,000 year rain events in 4 different US cities within a one month period. That's not normal and not explainable. It's not that these things can't happen individually, it's that they cannot happen at the same time with increasing frequency year after year. Heat waves, droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornado outbreaks...all at the same time in different parts of the country and world. That isn't normal.

The list of warmest years ever recorded are mostly from the last 20 years.

The issue we are now facing is that as it becomes warmer and warmer, it creates a feedback loop that is like a snowball rolling downhill where it becomes easier and easier for it to continue to heat up and harder and harder for us to stop it from happening.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Exactly. We’ve been monitoring the weather with modern technology for how long ?
Using the data that NOAA currently provides, a 10 day or longer forecast using that technology is only right about 50% of the time.
This planet is older than we actually know, and the climate is ALWAYS changing …
Buy into facts, not fear of the future, and hope humanity learns to live with earth’s living nature, because it can’t be changed…
It does always change. However think of it as a pendulum.of a clock. When it is properly balance the pendulum swings nicely within a defined motion. When it goes wildly out of control, the pendulum swings very high to one side and then back very high to the other side. This is the current state of the climate.

It's abnormal. In so many ways it would take several posts to detail them all. Not sure how people can't understand that you when you have record droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornado outbreaks, and heat waves all occuring at the same time over different areas of the country that is not and never has been normal. That simply isn't supposed to happen and isn't normal, but it is starting to become normal now.

This is only the beginning. Just wait for another decade or two if we don't figure out a way to get it under control. It is accelerating faster than they expected and likely will continue to do so unless we make major changes to how we operate and there is a technological breakthrough that can sequester huge amounts of CO2 from the atmosphere.

Saying climate always changes would be akin to saying height always changes if your kid grew 6 inches overnight and you somehow downplay it as if that's normal. It's not, no matter how much you might want to believe it is.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Just had 1,000 year rain events in 4 different US cities within a one month period.

The list of warmest years ever recorded are mostly from the last 20 years.

The issue we are now facing is that as it becomes warmer and warmer, it creates a feedback loop that is like a snowball rolling downhill where it becomes easier and easier for it to continue to heat up and harder and harder for us to stop it from happening.
Please provide your 1,000 years of rain data for rational minds to consider.

Ditto for warmest years, show us some facts, we’ll settle for 500 years on this one.

You seem to think humans can control the natural cycles of our planet, is a secret government or military tool being hidden from the rest of us ?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I appreciate the information, I am very cautious to share info like that because it can easily create panic. Human beings, generally speaking, is a very panicky species.

Let's keep in mind, that like any virus, war, economic recession, or climate change, those all have natural cycles. We are a young species relative to how old the Earth is. When it comes to natural events, these events are natural cycles. Humans do have an influence on the speed/rate of these cycles but they happen with or without us regardless.

So let's keep calm and not spread panicky information that will not uplift or do anything constructive. If human beings, generally speaking, would be capable to face these discussions in an intelligent, realistic, and positive way then I am all for it. Unfortunately, that is not the case which is why I am careful who I share sensitive information with.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Please provide your 1,000 years of rain data for rational minds to consider.

Ditto for warmest years, show us some facts, we’ll settle for 500 years on this one.

You seem to think humans can control the natural cycles of our planet, is a secret government or military tool being hidden from the rest of us ?
Humans can fvck it up just like they have been for pretty much their entire existence. Pollution, hunting animals to extinction, causing extinction due to loss of habitat due to logging, clearing of forested areas for farmland, etc...

That's the problem...we can't control them, we can only influence them to go off track, and in this case off track badly.

There were 5 or 6 of them actually, not 4 in the past month.

1 in 1,000 year rain events are events that are only given a .05% chance of occurring in any given year in a location.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
While I appreciate the information, I am very curious as to share info like that because it can easily create panic. Human beings, generally speaking, are a very panicky species.

Let's keep in mind, that like any virus, war, economic recession, or climate change, those all have natural cycles. We are a young species relative to how old the Earth is. When it comes to natural events, these events are natural cycles. Humans do have an influence on the speed of these cycles but they happen with or without us regardless.

So let's keep calm and not spread panicky information that will not uplift or do anything constructive. If human beings, generally speaking, would be capable to face these discussions in an intelligent, realistic, and positive way then I am all for it. Unfortunately, that is not the case which is why I am careful who I share sensitive information with.

Modern Man Advice
That's the whole point. Let's break it down in another way that might be easier to understand.

People work out and can gain muscle. However, there is a natural limit to what is possible.

However, what is possible naturally can be overridden when people use steroids which allows for much greater changes in muscle growth than could ever be possible naturally.

And so this is pretty much where we are at with the climate. Yes, it changes and ebbs and flows, but it does so within certain boundaries, UNLESS there is an outside event that causes it to go outside those...meteors causing ice ages, massive release of greenhouse gases causing rapid warming, etc.

The rate of carbon dioxide release into the atmosphere which is a known greenhouse gas and was in large part responsible for the warming of the planet when the dinosaurs were around, is at its highest level in 66 million years. Basically we are causing these climate changes and we are breaking it.

Right now we are CAUSING climate change on steroids. What is happening now is NOT possible without outside influences and ESPECIALLY not in the very short amount of time it has happened. It simply isn't possible. It would be like you arguing that someone on steroids who is winning body building competitions is natural and that is possible to achieve without steroids.

It's not, period.

This isn't anything to induce panic, it's simply saying that we are fvcking ourselves over in ways that will probably be much worse than we imagine much sooner than we imagine. That's the bottom line hard truth. Sorry if it bothers you or you don't want to think about it or you hope it will just go away if nobody talks about it. It won't. Might not affect us or even our children but there are going to be places that become unlivable due to extreme heat and wet bulb temperatures within the next 20-30 years.
Or lack of water, which is already occurring in the American Southwest. It's happening right in front of your face, I guess cover your eyes if you don't want to see it but I promise you it will still be there when you decide to look again.

Last edited:
M

member160292

Sustainability has become a huge business initiative over the past couple of years, it will slow down the damage that has been done decades ago.

Billtx49

Reaction score
That's the whole point. Let's break it down in another way that might be easier to understand.

People work out and can gain muscle. However, there is a natural limit to what is possible.

However, what is possible naturally can be overridden when people use steroids which allows for much greater changes in muscle growth than could ever be possible naturally.

And so this is pretty much where we are at with the climate. Yes, it changes and ebbs and flows, but it does so within certain boundaries, UNLESS there is an outside event that causes it to go outside those...meteors causing ice ages, massive release of greenhouse gases causing rapid warming, etc.

Right now we are CAUSING climate change on steroids. What is happening now is NOT possible without outside influences and ESPECIALLY not in the very short amount of time it has happened. It simply isn't possible. It would be like you arguing that someone on steroids who is winning body building competitions is natural and that is possible to achieve without steroids.

It's not, period.
We need the actual earth multi K year facts. Consider supplying us with the historical facts that support your fears …

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glaciers were melting as far back as the 1800s. We good.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
We need the actual earth multi K year facts. Consider supplying us with the historical facts that support your fears …
Not fears, simply reality. No point in being afraid of soemthing that we no longer have the potential to stop or control at this point unless and until we get superior technology on a massive scale to deal with it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Glaciers were melting as far back as the 1800s. We good.
It's not that they were melting. It's the rate they are melting. Melting 0.1 inch a year is far different than melting 10 inches a year.

And of course they have been melting since then, we were in a Little Ice Age for 300 years prior to that due to several potential factors, one being very large scale volcanic eruptions around the world that caused particles that blocked and reflected the sunlight from reaching earth at full strength which then suddenly reversed right around the time the industrial revolution started with the massive release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Funny how that happened right around the same time...that could never be the reason could it?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Third ask for facts here. Men are logical, we deal with facts for decisions, not fear …
Keep spreading fear, I’ll delete this thread.
Go ahead, I'm a mod too, I can undelete it.

Exactly what is it that has you so shook up? There is nothing fear based about it, simply talking about the role humans have played which is pretty much undisputable at this point.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Go ahead, I'm a mod too, I can undelete it.

Exactly what is it that has you so shook up? There is nothing fear based about it, simply talking about the role humans have played which is pretty much undisputable at this point.
Be the man, supply the data and Facts. I will even limit my 4th request to 400 years. Rain, temps, glacier melt, everything.
You can do it, you’re a moderator. We uphold forum content, principles of manhood, and don’t promote factless fear.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It does always change. However think of it as a pendulum.of a clock. When it is properly balance the pendulum swings nicely within a defined motion. When it goes wildly out of control, the pendulum swings very high to one side and then back very high to the other side. This is the current state of the climate.

It's abnormal. In so many ways it would take several posts to detail them all. Not sure how people can't understand that you when you have record droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornado outbreaks, and heat waves all occuring at the same time over different areas of the country that is not and never has been normal. That simply isn't supposed to happen and isn't normal, but it is starting to become normal now.

This is only the beginning. Just wait for another decade or two if we don't figure out a way to get it under control. It is accelerating faster than they expected and likely will continue to do so unless we make major changes to how we operate and there is a technological breakthrough that can sequester huge amounts of CO2 from the atmosphere.

Saying climate always changes would be akin to saying height always changes if your kid grew 6 inches overnight and you somehow downplay it as if that's normal. It's not, no matter how much you might want to believe it is.
I don't disagree that there is change and that we can do something about it, I actually follow the green energy sector closely. I'm counting on rising oceans to force the change that needs to happen because people will not change their ways until if affects them personally. Also, the sea level rise is just not there to be seen with the naked eye.

The problem is that climate change, as a topic, has been weaponized by dumbass activists as another anvil to beat people against for being "science deniers". These activists are almost entirely uneducated hypocrites and have zero interest in doing anything concrete about it other than empty virtue signals for more power and more carbon taxes, as if those could make any kind of difference. This is before you get into discussions of observed warming trend vs predicted trends and how climate science is guesswork at best.

We won't see change until we can learn to have a civil dialogue about the problem, which seems unlikely in the current civil climate