"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Zodiac signs...no, seriously!

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2018
Messages
817
Reaction score
575
Age
51
I've never paid attention to the Zodiac signs and always thought it was hocus pocus. However, I've recently made an observation, most women on Bumble (OLD) seem to be Sagittarius or similar signs. The typical theme is late 30s or 40s, never married, no kids (and some say they're looking for both, still). I dated a couple of women that were also Sagittarius - unbeknownst to me at the time of course. So after recently reading the compatibility matrix I was shocked how exactly the issues described were what I experienced. I read up on my own sign, then my close family members and I was thinking this can't be real but so far I have more evidence of it being true than not.

I'm a Capricorn to a fault, yep, everything good AND bad, territorial, goal oriented, belts and suspenders guy, over planning, extremely punctual, very little patience for stupid etc. I have very little compatibility with the non-earth signs, supposedly my ideal partner would be a Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn. None of which that I've dated, to my knowledge.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this since it was on my mind recently.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
313
Reaction score
7
Location
Mexico
The only way I can explain horoscope is that humans have believed in horoscope for so long that it has become part our subconscious. The zodiacal temperaments and compability can be quite accurate.

As a Capricorn my longest relationships were with Tauro and Virgo. Coincidence? Maybe.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,758
Reaction score
9,963
I've always thought that some of the similarities in personality might be explained by the time you were born: What season it was when you were at key developmental stages and such. I was born in the fall, so some of my earliest impressions would be of the leaves turning, and then the cold and snow, and more indoors activities. Even now, I tend to prefer these months.

Or maybe it matters more what season it is when you turn two, or two and a half, or whatever. Of course this would depend partly on where you live, as seasons differ in different parts of the world.
 

nismo-4

Moderator
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
1,143
Location
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If a girl is interested, she'll pursue no matter what sign of the zodiac you are. To some women, your zodiac sign can be a deal breaker.

Just like your favorite color, sports team, choice of smartphone, and other trivial things. There is incompatibility, but if the fact you cheer for Clemson turns a woman off, you wouldn't want her ass anyway.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
I've always thought that some of the similarities in personality might be explained by the time you were born: What season it was when you were at key developmental stages and such. I was born in the fall, so some of my earliest impressions would be of the leaves turning, and then the cold and snow, and more indoors activities. Even now, I tend to prefer these months.

Or maybe it matters more what season it is when you turn two, or two and a half, or whatever. Of course this would depend partly on where you live, as seasons differ in different parts of the world.
Heredity vs. Environment argument there with time and possibly location added into the mix…
 
Last edited:

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2018
Messages
817
Reaction score
575
Age
51
If a girl is interested, she'll pursue no matter what sign of the zodiac you are. To some women, your zodiac sign can be a deal breaker.

Just like your favorite color, sports team, choice of smartphone, and other trivial things. There is incompatibility, but if the fact you cheer for Clemson turns a woman off, you wouldn't want her ass anyway.
Don't think I totally agree. Sure if two people find each other attractive signs matter little, initially. I've been with women long term that I now realized I wasn't compatible with but we made it work, though by way of compromising because we enjoyed each other's company. You see the sports teams, phones etc are easily influenced by factors such as your location, what you can afford, the media etc. However, I believe there are characteristics that you're born with that can't be changed, they're part of your personality. For example, if I'm the type who plans things in advance and my partner does things on a whim that could be an issue in a long term relationship. Again compromises can be worked out but deep down you're both giving up something vs. if both people plan things in advance or both do things on a whim then there's no need for compromises. When there are fewer compromises everything would flow naturally without thought, work etc.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Totally hocus pocus. Don't believe it, ur fate is always in ur hands and not because of some planets rotations.

I do get asked by women and they seem to switch gears into a more feminine mode after knowing my zodiac.

Goes to show how gullible women r when it comes to hocus pocus :rolleyes:
 

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
5,756
Reaction score
4,829
Location
象外
Or maybe it matters more what season it is when you turn two, or two and a half, or whatever.
That would make more sense. Birthdays are usually pretty happy times kids are invariably trained to look forward to.

There's probably a lot of other things unconsciously associated with birthdays like weather conditions, etc.
 
Top