Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Zero personal social media presence.

DSterlen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the last 3-4 years I've dumped my SM accounts. Once politics took over Facebook and everyone started acting like a**holes I quit (deleted all my friends, pics, posts, info) because the environment sucked, and I got drawn into that BS too. Plus I was spending too much time there, checking the app 30+ times per day, and occasionally saying things I wished I hadn't. Nothing too terrible but still, things I'd rather not have said to literally every person I know. I used twitter for a while and found it to be even worse than FB. Never had Instagram nor have I ever seen the point.

I used to like one thing about FB which was being aware of the females that exist in my social circle. Also I used to use it for early messaging or contact info. It was just convenient and helped sometimes with the logistics of contact. It does seem like a bit of a loss in that respect but from a mental health perspective it's been great.

Have you guys gone so far with this? What was your experience?
Has this been a problem with dating, particularly with women in their 20's who live on SM?
Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also rid myself of Facebook because it was sucking too much time and emotional energy.

Every morning I'd wake up, sit on the can, read some bullsh!t swollen labia SJW diatribe from some self-aggrandizing, approval-seeking, picket line selfie-taking moron and I'd want to retort, put him/her in their place, prove them wrong in front of everyone -- and so my day would being with aggravation and negativity before I even wiped my a$$.

There's no doubt that the collective decline in mental health in western society is largely due to social media addiction, and the constant feelings of isolation and inadequacy that it causes.

Even keeping up with old friends wasn't worth it -- I figured the people who want to get in touch with me know how to get in touch with me.

I'm 36 years old. I'm not interested in pursuing 20-something selfie queens via social circle game. Yes, there are certain women who will see a lack of social media presence as a red flag. Cool. I have no time for them.

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got rid of SM 10 years back. Only use messaging apps so telegram and whatsapp. Partly because I need them for work.

People will know how to reach you as long as you have a mobile. FB is just ego validation for people. Oh I have 2000 friends. ***** barely 5 will come and help you when you need it.

Yes, there are certain women who will see a lack of social media presence as a red flag. Cool. I have no time for them.
I see too much of social media as a red flag. She can never be content and always wants to keep up with whoever. Imagine people who dont really care much about watches buy some expensive one to flex for likes. They could have spent that on a hobby they really care about. Oh wait they have no such hobby except SM. So in a way maybe they did spend on their hobby.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Over the last 3-4 years I've dumped my SM accounts. Once politics took over Facebook and everyone started acting like a**holes I quit (deleted all my friends, pics, posts, info) because the environment sucked, and I got drawn into that BS too. Plus I was spending too much time there, checking the app 30+ times per day, and occasionally saying things I wished I hadn't. Nothing too terrible but still, things I'd rather not have said to literally every person I know. I used twitter for a while and found it to be even worse than FB. Never had Instagram nor have I ever seen the point.

I used to like one thing about FB which was being aware of the females that exist in my social circle. Also I used to use it for early messaging or contact info. It was just convenient and helped sometimes with the logistics of contact. It does seem like a bit of a loss in that respect but from a mental health perspective it's been great.

Has this been a problem with dating, particularly with women in their 20's who live on SM?
Any other thoughts?
I always tell them I don't do social media and it's never been an issue. No idea why guys want to have these women looking through 5 years worth of posts with 0 context looking to disqualify them for any reason.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any other thoughts?
Same

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My current gf has no social media of any kind, it's very refreshing. I now see that as a huge plus in a woman.

I haven't deleted my FB yet but I get on there maybe once a month since realizing that it's a complete waste of time and the levels of stupidity make my blood boil. It does serve the purpose of helping to vet women as well. If you look up a woman there and her facebook is open for everyone to see, and all she posts are pictures of herself then you know she's an AW.

Instagram is interesting to a degree. I've mostly been using it to learn russian since you get a picture and a small russian blurb to read on an interesting topic.

Social media has a legit use as a marketing tool to promote products or services, but aside from that it's a toxic sh!thole that is designed to waste as much of your time as possible.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's particularly cringey after you take the redpill and start to see the patterns:

1) Females uploads pic
2) Hoards of beta males go in for the "like"
3) Her ego gets inflated enough to start political posts
4) Other females give her Positive Reinforcement. Even if it's fake
5) Rinse & repeat

It really is a circle of hell

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can totally get behind getting rid of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I log into my Facebook but rarely post. I never got Instagram or Twitter.

For white collar workers, a LinkedIn presence is a must. LinkedIn has changed a lot over the years. There are women now even posting sexy pics and videos on LinkedIn. The lines between LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram are blurring. Thirsty guys are even hitting on random women on LinkedIn.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I created my first FB profile about 4 or 5 years ago after my divorce. I wanted to use the events feature to find events in my area where I could expand my social circle and meet more women. And a lot of my friends use FB to create private events like house-parties etc. I have found it a very useful tool for that.

If you don't have an exciting life filled with lots of friends, it will be near impossible to create a social media presence that conveys this. But as many people are known to do on social media, one can deliberately inflate their value and the excitement of their lives.... it's just difficult to do if you don't have a lot of friends. When I got divorced, my wife had done a good job of isolating me so I found myself without enough friends. Sure I had friends, but most of them were friends I'd had for decades and because of that time-span, we were all scattered across the country. I needed more local friends. So I focused on moving to a better part of town where more young people lived and where there were more things to do and places to go, and worked on building out my social circle. As I did, I made sure to convey that in my social media presence. I now have the kind of social media presence that conveys who I am - Someone with a lot of friends who gets into a lot of cool things. I organize international trips with my friends, have awesome parties, go on adventures, etc. I NEVER DM women through FB, but I have had really hot women stalk me there, add me, and DM me. That's how I met the last girl I dated for a year - FB recommended me to her due to mutual friends (she and I had never crossed paths), so she added me, got curious about me after seeing all my adventures posted on FB and so she DM'd me. That lead to us meeting up for a date and a year-long relationship.

I NEVER like ANY female's FB posts, especially the attention wh*ring type, with one exception..... I have a handful of close female friends, and with the exception of two of them, none of them post attention wh*ring pics. I will like the non-attention wh*ring pics of close female friends but that's it - I don't like any other female's posts. I have no desire to contribute to female ego-inflation. I stay friends with, but unfollow any FB friend who posts a lot of political content and I do not engage in any political discussion on FB. You won't change anyone's mind when it comes to politics. If a girl I'm FB friends with posts nothing but attention wh*ring pictures, I stay friends but simply unfollow so I'm not seeing it. We are men - we are in control of our emotions and should not allow ourselves to be drawn into things that are of no benefit to us.

I see FB as a place to advertise your SMV and social proof, and coordinate events with friends. I spend very little time on it. When I do something cool with my friends and happen to get some pics of it, I'll throw them up there. That's it. Takes very little time. I usually don't keep the app installed on my phone which helps me stay off the platform, and instead upload the pics through my home computer. It works out well. Girls will see your social media posts and start asking mutual friends about you and the more women talk about you, the better off you are.

Mike41090

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. Been thinking about this a lot lately since I deleted both my Instagram and Facebook about a year ago and it’s super refreshing. Like another poster mentioned above, people are in Peter Pan land on social media and pretend they lead interesting lives. I really don’t want anything to do with it. I like to keep in touch with friends that I haven’t seen in years... but I’m a the type of person to simply call them and see how they’re doing rather than creep on their profile lol.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any other thoughts?
I haven't closed my account on Facebook but I rarely look at it. I just totally lost interest.

At first it was a way of keeping in touch and sharing photo albums. Then it became political and now it seems to be full of fake braggards.

Instagram is even worse, although I have recently found some interesting accounts to follow that are not people but organisations.

There's only so many pouting selfie queen's you can see before you shoot yourself.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this is truly fun for you and it is not just another means to an end then it can be healthy. But if it is to fill neediness or a void or sadness. Its just more beta boy in the person looking for social validation.
Social validation for your well being is not IMO a good place to be.
I think I was pretty clear in how and why I use social media. Validation doesn't enter into it. It is to advertise my SMV and social proof, and to coordinate events. I could care less about how many likes I get on things and because I don't even run FB on my phone, I never even look. Men don't need online validation - or really any external validation. My life is filled with friends, fun, women, and international adventures with my friend groups. I am my own source of validation. My social media presence helps women find me, talk about me, and pursue me. I wouldn't call my social media activity "fun" exactly, but it is something I spend seconds on to advertise my life to those who many want to enter it. The girl who requested me and DM'd me on FB that I then dated for a year was a solid 8, maybe 8.5, and I didn't have to do anything to meet her. She came to me, all thanks to my social media presence. That's a win for me - seconds worth of photo uploading every week or two in exchange for being advertised to tens of thousands of women via mutual connections and letting them come to me.

Just one more example of where this benefit me: There was a cute petite little 19yo server at a restaurant I had lunch at a couple years back. I was there alone. As I was leaving I made a passing compliment on her hair and I could tell she was very flattered. A full week later, I get a DM on FB (you can DM people who aren't your friends on FB). It was her. She had written down my name from the credit card I used to pay for my lunch, and looked on social media to see if she could find me there in order to contact me. Her first message was just a bunch of heart-eyed emojis. I chatted with her over DM a bit and asked her out on a date which she accepted.

Last edited:

TheProspect

Reaction score
This by definition is validation. Also a form of peacocking. My point is this. If you are doing any one thing to seek validation you are already not being yourself and living how you live and not manipulate your life to look like something else.
There's a difference between attaining social proof as a potential by-product of having a social media account and creating a social media account for the purposes of manufacturing social proof.

By the way, everyone seeks validation in one way or another. To think you're completely immune from both ego and the desire for validation is nonsensical. Validation-seeking comes on a spectrum. I get your point, but validation-seeking isn't always unhealthy or unproductive in the sense that it should be avoided at all costs (nor would it be feasible).

TheProspect

Reaction score
Any other thoughts?
I believe lack of social media presence can be a positive, in that it adds mystery.

On the other hand, it also make senses that you can demonstrate value via a social media presence.

Personally, I have Facebook and Instagram accounts, but I don't actively post content to them, and my last name is not my real one. I don't have pictures of myself on there and I don't comment or "like" anything. All my connections on there are people who know me personally or tangentially through social circle. My lifestyle and personality are better suited for taking advantage of and playing up this "mystery" element.

I use the social media accounts for 2 reasons: to communicate with people whose cell number I don't have, and to search up & get an idea of a particular person (whatever the reason may be). Despite the very limited presence, I've had girls from my social circle who knew the accounts belonged to me end up following me or DM me, and have been able to set up dates and lays through that.

With or without social media, you can make dating work. Each has their advantages.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always let my wife post social content on her account to keep our friends and family updated of our lives.

I only use my account with a fake name and no pic of me to gather and share knowledge on my hobbies in FB groups.

Other than that, I don't have time to be interested in other's lives or making virtual friends.