Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your Ideal Physique

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, probably about like my cousin

he's the same height as me (5'9"), 168lbs, pretty lean.
except I weigh in at 185 right now, and I want to get down to 163 @ 10%BF or so.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a body like the Abercrombie and Fitch models.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ideal physique is... ME! Except... buff. Lol.

I'm with MindOverMatter on this one, although MoM deserves mad props on his own physique... He pretty much has the kind of body girls look for.

Being buff is cool, but I think being lean is better than looking like your head is too small for your body.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very disheartening to find out how many of these adonis figures have had surgery or are on the juice.

My ideal physique would be along the lines of Mark Wahlberg in his Calvin Klein ads or Randy Orton, and generally that kind of underwear model look. I have come close, but I have so much trouble controlling my bodyfat and it always seems just out of reach.

I agree with Duke that Mind Over Matter has a very impresive physique, that I'd love to achieve some day myself! In fact, his pics were partly responsible for motivating me to get in shape!

MOM: How about a workout/diet guide? :)

Reaction score
Yes Mind Over Matter has a very nice physique. I find him kind of skinny but he is very well proportioned.

Props to MoM.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
lineback build/ running back build massive, but not over the top.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WWE wrestler Simon Dean... noticeably big, not TOO low bodyfat (around the 12% mark), I think that unless you walk around shirtless everywhere the really ripped look just makes you look scrawny in everyday clothes.
After 6-8 years of bodybuilding then it starts to work out, but even then i'd rather have a bit more mass than abs
But then again I don't have a pretty-boy face either, so it just suits me better

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
ideal physique-- the brother who got out of jail in the r.kelly trapped in the closets series 8-12

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to say Brad Pitt in Snatch.
Kinda the lean, spry, athletic look. Not too big, not too small.

Or the Hugh Jackman/Wolverine build.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce

http://www.mikementzer.com/blee.html

As far as Bruce goes...whether he was as good a fighter as his legend says or not, there's a lot about him that should be inspirational to those on this board.

His fighting skills aside: he's just one cool mutha effer.
Too me, he personifies a lot of the alpha and DJ qualities espoused here.
From his confidence (he was suppossed one hella ****y dude), his discipline, bettering himself physically, his DJ-ish philosophies, making a mark on history, etc. And he was a bit of a playa if I'm not mistaken.

He personifies power, strength, confidence and cool.

He could AMOG anyone of any size. He broke barriers.
Gargantuan physical size doesn't equate to "alpha-ness".
An often overlooked quality is charisma.
Arnold is the only "big guy" that actually seemed to possess both intimidating physical size and charisma.

What makes him a big man wasn't his physical size, but his ideas. In our current world of roid-fueled behemoths, it's easy dismiss his physique. We talk about working on our inner game. But his will was so strong that he forged one of the most legendary, 'functional' physiques in modern history.

He was also a teacher. Breaking stereotypes that ran both ways through both cultures.

As an outsider he made his mark on those he met, and his legacy still inspires many.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HK_Star_Bruce_Lee_16.jpg
http://www.netcolony.com/kustorage/Bruce_Lee_in_HK_1973.jpg

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering what the above poster said... If it came down to function, I would go Bruce Lee. If it came down to looks I would go Arnold... But since my reasons are a mix of the 2 Im going for a solid strong 220 @ 10%. Not huge, But not small. Just right!

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
MOM: How about a workout/diet guide? :)
Honestly man, I don't do/eat anything different from your average bodybuilder, nor do I have some magic trick that will help you. I eat the same foods every bodybuilder does, and I've used most of the mainstream routines (HIT, HST, 3 day and 5 day splits, etc). I'm currently working on finishing my first year of DC training. I haven't done any gear, nor do I plan to.

What it all comes down to is how much time and willpower are you able to invest into your workouts. If you can invest 3 years of workout consistency, you will end up with the body you're striving for. If you have the willpower to push yourself when you need to and establish consistency, you will get there.

I'll give you an example. When I first started out, I didn't have a car and I had to bus to my gym. Not that big of a deal, except my bus stop was pretty far from my appt, and during the winter (I live in canada), the temperature outside would reach -40 to -50 degrees celsius. So I'd have to jog to my bus stop in order to keep myself warm (walking would make me freeze lol), wait 5-10 mins for a bus, then go to my gym, work out for 40-60 mins, then take another bus and jog back home. Needless to say, there have been many days when there'd be a blizzard outside, and I wouldn't want to leave my warm appt but I would always end up talking myself into going to work out. Once you build that mental willpower, the results come fast.

basically:

eating
-eat clean (no processed foods, make all your own meals)
-take in a ton of protein. make sure every one of your meals consists of protein, and supplement as well first thing in the morning as well as with a PWS.
- eat enough carbs early in the day to fuel your workout, but cut them out in the evening.

training
-stick to compound movements, and use isolation movements just to pre-exhaust the muscle. all your gains will come from deadlifts, squats, benches, weighted pull-ups, barbell rows, military presses, etc. use your isolation exercises to pre-exhaust the muscle only.
-find a split that suits your lifestyle the most.
-DON'T BE LAZY AND MISS WORKOUTS. once you start, stay consistent and don't stop. the first workout you skip will crush your willpower and after that it will take you a lot of effort to rebuild it enough to the point you were at before you let lazyness take over.

Yes Mind Over Matter has a very nice physique. I find him kind of skinny but he is very well proportioned.

Props to MoM.
The heaviest you see me in my signature pics is 215 (the flexing one, taken last may), and right now I am at 235. For somebody my height, it takes a lot more effort to achieve that bulked out look that 5'5-5'8 bodybuilders get, so I'll definetly need to be at 250 minimum. I'll post some more pics after my year of DC punishment is up, so expect to see my head attached to a fridge.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever wants to look like these roided up beasts that are professional TV wrestlers, die.

BigDude22

Reaction score
Matthew McConaughey easy... kinda like Brad Pitt but a lot better. If you ever checked out his cover on Mens Health not too far back you will see. The juiced wrestlers and etc.. are wayyyyy too much and only nasty chicks like that. Not the type of girls you wanna take home to mom.. the type chicks you like to smack thier a$$ and pound till the sun comes up. No one likes them.. lol.. after one night

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Mind Over Matter. I think I've been expecting too much too soon. I've only been working on my physique for 2 years, started bulking with excess bodyfat and gained more in the process.

I'm doing everything right by the sound of it and I have the willpower to turn it into a lifestyle, but judging by what you said, I just need more time and patience.

And massive respect to you for your dedication and getting to the gym in those conditions! I definitely agree that's the difference maker!

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As unoriginal as it sounds, Arnold will always be my standard to reach

Simply the most amazingly symmetrical body I've ever seen. Guiness voted him as having the most perfect body in the history of time back in the 70's.