Your Attention Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the DJ tips section and sometimes the General discussion, more often than not you'll find at least one thread per week decrying the evils of the much maligned Attention Wh0re. And in the time I've spent on this forum I've yet to read a treatise that really analyzed the fundamentals, and why we make distinctions between one woman as an AW and another not (or at least more humble in appearance). So now, do me the service of reading my theory of Attention and please feel free to add or rebut any of the following.

All women are AWs. Your mother, your sister, the girl at the bar and the wife you've been married to for 20 years are all attention seeking. Some to a greater and some to a lesser degree, but it is an integral part of the feminine gender to desire attention.

From a very early age attention is a primary reinforcer for girls. As I've mentioned in few prior posts, part of my psychology education included child psych and my favorite subject has always been my ever-present 7 y.o. daughter when doing case studies. To understand the feminine attention dynamic you have to go back into a female childhood socialization. Though I can't directly quote studies to confirm it (yet), it is my idea that attention-as-reinforcer is a psycho-biological construct. I should also add the caveat that there really is no absolute nature or absolute nurture psychological dyanmic so a definite amount of socialization and learned behavior intrinsically reinforces attention as rewarding, but the root of attention seeking behavior begins in female biology.

A few things to start with

In the same respect that men posess testosterone as their primary, gender-defining hormone, women's bodies produce estrogen and oxytocin in larger volume. Studies have shown both these hormones foster feelings of nurturing as a primary feminine trait for parental caring and oxytocin is a precursor for feelings of trust and comfort. Studies have also show that girl babies are picked up and given affection 4 times as often as are boy infants and toddlers. This of course bears evidence to the biological and socialization associations of attention reinforcement. In addition, studies of pre-adolescent and adolescent degrees of attention to both genders by parents always favors the female child. Correlation of this would indicate the rewarding benefit of attetion to the female as well as a behavioral modeling influence directed towards masculine independence by socializing boys to not be dependent upon the reinforcing aspect of attention.

Female Socialization

Little girls fight in an entirely different realm than do boys. Where boys fight in a the physical realm, girls fight in the psychological. That's not to exclude girls from actually coming to blows, but far more common is the occurance of pstchological combat and in no realm is this more effective than the denial of reinforcing attention within a female social collective.

Little girls have a predictable tendency to form small girl-only collectives or 'clutches' from the time they are introduced into kindergarten. This social collective progressively becomes a rewarding and reinforcing socialg unit, locking out those not included and nurturing those who are. This dynamic can last through high school (i.e. Cliques, etc.), into college and into mature adulthood, but the commonality within all variations of this clutch is the qualifying influence of the affirmaing power of attention.

Should one member of the clutch offend another, it is the hierarchy of an individual member's ability to maintain the most attention that generally determines the victor in the dispute. The worst consequence of such a dispute being ostracization from the group - thus the absoulte denial of this reaffirming attention-as-reinforcement. The clutch develops a hirearchy of influence depending upon each girl's ability to attract and maintain reinforcing attention. This attention can be from any source; within the group, outside the group and opposite sex attention becomes the most valuable after puberty.

Attention attraction capacity denotes social rank within the clutch. The more attractive the girl, the more popular she bcomes and the more influence she weilds. This isn't to say that any particular female cognizantly realizes this directly. However, when ostracized from the collective, this capacity for attracting attention in a high degree makes her despised. The attention can still beneficial for affirmation (i.e. realized jealousy), it's just that the intent that has changed.

Thus, women use attention not only for their own affirmation, individually and collectively, but also to do combat with each other. Far more damaging than physical fighting is the long term psychological impact of denying this reinforcement, or better still, delegitimizing a girl/woman's capacity to attract this attention. Combine this with a woman's naturally, and innately higher agency to communicate both verbally and non-verbally (i.e covert communications) and you can see the potential this has in damaging a rival.

This then explains a woman's natural propensity to gossip. When a woman attacks the respectability and character of another ("she's such a slvt"), in essence, she is assualting the woman's capacity for garniering attention by delegitimizing it.

The ticking clock

Now lets add to this complex attention construct the universal female recognition that, as a woman ages her sexual marketability decreases. Bear in mind that a woman's primary agency for attracting this reinforcing attention is her her sexuality and physical beauty as determined by men. This then fosters an imperative for this attention-combat to intensify as a woman reaches her 'expiration date'. In the last 30 years there has been a definite push through the feminization of society to de-emphasize this natural propensity and/or to divert this affirmation to be derived from other sources (i.e. career, independence, internal rewards, etc.). However it has yet to be fully (if ever) realized within western female-centric culture. All one needs do is tally the countless number of beauty products and the methods used to advertise them in popular media. 90% puls of all advertising specific to 'career minded' women is still for beauty products. Irrespective of popular socialization, this attention dynamic will not be ignored.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deadly_Assassin
why is that if attention helps boost their pride that girls most girls still have low self-esteem issues. Even if they are hot.
Good question. It would seem that the intuitive logic would be that the more attractive a woman is the higher her self esteem would be.

I'd start by saying that the mythology of the LSE stripper needs to be looked at a bit more in depth. Is it that our pre-estimation of very attractive women as generally having LSE is based upon actual experience or popularized conception? It's very pervasive to assume that the HB 9.5 in the bar is necessarily lonely or suicidal as a result of her beauty. Popularized feminine culture would love to have men believe this since the very notion serves the latent purpose of deligitimizing her overwhelming capacity to attract male attention. Delegitimize the agency and neutralize the threat - and in the case of popularizing this idea for the general populace of eligible males broaden the scope of attaining this reinforcing attention with little effort. A very efficient dynamic.

The other reason may be that the attractive female is genuinely oblivious to her capacity for attraction and/or she has previously had her capacity for attention gathering delegitimized by herself (ideally) and/or by other rivals. It could follow that her extreme ability to hold male attention has been so pounded down over the course of time that she percieves herself as valueless.

I should also add that this dynamic is the reason why the Mystery Method of fostering an environment of having an attractive woman qualify herself for you is not only imperative, but exactly why it works. Not every HB 9.5 is a down on her luck girlfriend of an abusive outlaw biker.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

I think the really attractive ones that have low self-esteem is because they engaged in sex thru the party scene early on (i.e. like high school).

Many of their short-term relationships started as one-nighters carried out longer and with the more selfish jerk type of guys.

When the girl is dumped, it creates a vicious cycle of AWism. It causes her to keep seeking the jerk only to get dumped repeatedly. She feels looks are the key to getting and keeping a guy. It's because she thinks she lost her last jerk to a girl who was more attractive.

Because of this, she despises the decent, good-looking intelligent 'nice' good guy. It's because she doesn't feel worthy of him, but knows it is what she should want. Inside, she doesn't feel on the same level. She knows the 'good' guy will value her looks and other qualities she may have.

She ends up seeking the guys who don't place as much value on her looks as she feels it's something that needs to be 'approved'. Getting this approval over other women creates her worth as she was more attractive (based on looks).

The above is the spoiled AW. She often takes things for granted, and this is why she goes into relationships giving sex before any commitment.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what is your take on the AW who typically has few or no female friends. I've known two of these, and got wrapped up with one. Both were quite attractive and almost despised female friends. I even remember a phrase of one ("girls gossip too much" and "I can't handle women they're too emotional").

These girls seem like the most LSE of all, needing to be surrounded by many potential male candidates with her *knowing* she could activate one at any time.

My guess is that they crave/need extreme ego boosting at all times. And these types don't seem to fit your typical model of having those close knit group friendships when young or in later age.

Perhaps there is a common family upbringing dynamic (extreme tough dad, alcoholism, etc) that produces AW's in this category. Or maybe some type of extreme relationship event that they can never seem to deal with?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo, the answer to that question is a very simple one.

It goes something like this:

SS member approaches woman and strikes up conversation. How the woman responds to SS member determines what he refers to her as when he posts here.

1) She engages in the conversation and when he flirts, she flirts back.... She will be considered "HB" whatever number.

2) She flat out rejects him and does not respond to him in a positive way....She will be considered a "biotch, ho, slvt, wh*re, cvnt or feminist".

3) She engages in the conversation and is friendly, but when he makes a move she isn't interested and turns him down....She will be referred to as an "Attention Wh*re".

So, basically...the guys here judge women based not on what their personality traits are, but on whether or not they are interested or not and if not, in what fashion she turns him down.

There you have it...

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good insight Wlyde, but there is more going on with the AW than just rejection.

It's leading guys on with a purpose. That purpose is attention. That attention feeds a fragile ego.

There is no direct rejection right away. Just immaturity and excuses. Once the AW is called on it, she runs for the hills knowing full well it was just a game of manipulation and control.

I get AWs using me for an ego boost ALL the time. I am considered very attractive (i've heard and been told). They constantly give me strong interest signals, but once i show them interest back (even just subtly), they get their high and are gone for awhile, and then back again when they need ego boosting.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by tmpgstx
Good insight Wlyde, but there is more going on with the AW than just rejection.

It's leading guys on with a purpose. That purpose is attention. That attention feeds a fragile ego.

There is no direct rejection right away. Just immaturity and excuses. Once the AW is called on it, she runs for the hills knowing full well it was just a game of manipulation and control.

I get AWs using me for an ego boost ALL the time. I am considered very attractive (i've heard and been told). They constantly give me strong interest signals, but once i show them interest back (even just subtly), they get their high and are gone for awhile, and then back again when they need ego boosting.
In my 40 years I have only known one genuine AW. I used to work with her. There are girls and women who often come across as if they are AWs, but it's not really how they are trying to be...it's not conscious. This one woman...it WAS intentional...and there were many times I came very, very close to smacking her.

For the most part, what I posted about it being the guy's perception is true. There aren't nearly as many REAL AWs as the posts on here would indicate. There ARE a lot of flirty girls and women, but it's not done to consciously harm a guy.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, whether it be conscious or subconscious - the same thing applies - leading and stringing the guy along with scripted moves and gestures. That is why these women are so good at, they have plenty of practice doing it to all kinds of guys. These girls are not geniune by any means and most are selfish to say the least.

I've had one pretend she was on her cell phone (looking down) when i'm about to cross paths with her. Right when i'm about to pass her, she looks up quickly and smiles really big with deep eye contact. It was almost comical as i knew what she was doing and one of those things you'd have to be there to see to really know what i'm talking about.

And that's just it .. no one else was around to see it. I feel these are the worst AWs - give you major IOIs when no one else is around and then when other people are around - it's like they have never seen you before in their life.

That IS manipulation and control at the conscious level.

IronFar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sinistar
So what is your take on the AW who typically has few or no female friends. I've known two of these, and got wrapped up with one. Both were quite attractive and almost despised female friends. I even remember a phrase of one ("girls gossip too much" and "I can't handle women they're too emotional").

These girls seem like the most LSE of all, needing to be surrounded by many potential male candidates with her *knowing* she could activate one at any time.

My guess is that they crave/need extreme ego boosting at all times. And these types don't seem to fit your typical model of having those close knit group friendships when young or in later age.

Perhaps there is a common family upbringing dynamic (extreme tough dad, alcoholism, etc) that produces AW's in this category. Or maybe some type of extreme relationship event that they can never seem to deal with?
This is the dynamic I see as well. Where the female isn't necessarily trying to get attention to boost her standing w/ her girlfriends. But rather, she likes having other guys around at her beck and call for the purposes of [direct] ego boosting.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IRON FAR: Exactly what I was about to put down. The woman SINISTAR describes is a textbook example of the clutch outcast and the methodology she uses to gratify this attention deficit. Rather than seeking attention from both within the clutch and from the opposite sex, she becomes dependent upon male attention after being ostracized from it. This is why we see these threads about women "with a lot of guy friends"; these guys are compensating for the attention denied to her from her peer group. Rationalizations such as "women are too emotional" or "I've just always gotten along better with guys" is a thinly veiled attempt to divert attention away from this deficit and legitimize this necessity.

WYLD: Your SS oversimplification of this is exactly what prompted me to post this more in depth thread. The problem with the logic used in the SS example is that it limits a guy's initiative as well as his DJ tactics in simply writing off a woman in a particular category and moving on to one more responsive to his limited set of tools in his DJ tool box. This lack of understanding makes the task similar to using a hammer when a philips head screwdriver is needed - and when all you have is a hammer, all of your problems tend to look like nails.

That said, I think you missed the point in your second response - all women to a greater or lesser degree are AWs. They derives gratification and self-affirmation from the degree of attention they are capable of generating from both sexes. If you put on makeup this morning, this applies to you the same as it does my wife or my mother to some degree.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, all women are AW's to some extent.

As some of you might know from my post, I have been friends with one of the more extreme examples for some time now. Once I learned to recognize her behaviour as that of someone seeking an inordinate amount of attention, I started to find it amusing to watch and analyze her words and actions. The things I do for entertainment!

I especially liked the way she never seemed to want to have much to do with me unless she would see me with another girl. The first time she saw me with my ex she supposedly gave her the catty "what are YOU doing with him" look. One of the other times she saw me with my g/f she got snappy with ME! Not really in a mean way, but such that I could tell that she didn't like the fact that my attention was focused on another girl.

Now that I think about it, I know why she has called me at least half a dozen times over the years to inquire about buying stuff from my store. She never intended to buy anything....she just wanted an opportunity to get another male "friend" back into her call rotation.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IronFar
This is the dynamic I see as well. Where the female isn't necessarily trying to get attention to boost her standing w/ her girlfriends. But rather, she likes having other guys around at her beck and call for the purposes of [direct] ego boosting.
I dated a girl like this for a couple of years when I was younger. As much as it did seem like [direct] ego boosting it really was more clutch reinforcement. This girl didn't have friends but she had nemisis' coming out of the woodwork. By the end it really seemed like the attention that she was looking for was largely being fulfilled by attempts to incite jealousy in the women she crossed paths with. What a way to live life, huh.

Rollo - great post and a very thoughtful and well-needed deep analysis.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
IRON FAR: Exactly what I was about to put down. The woman SINISTAR describes is a textbook example of the clutch outcast and the methodology she uses to gratify this attention deficit. Rather than seeking attention from both within the clutch and from the opposite sex, she becomes dependent upon male attention after being ostracized from it. This is why we see these threads about women "with a lot of guy friends"; these guys are compensating for the attention denied to her from her peer group. Rationalizations such as "women are too emotional" or "I've just always gotten along better with guys" is a thinly veiled attempt to divert attention away from this deficit and legitimize this necessity.

WYLD: Your SS oversimplification of this is exactly what prompted me to post this more in depth thread. The problem with the logic used in the SS example is that it limits a guy's initiative as well as his DJ tactics in simply writing off a woman in a particular category and moving on to one more responsive to his limited set of tools in his DJ tool box. This lack of understanding makes the task similar to using a hammer when a philips head screwdriver is needed - and when all you have is a hammer, all of your problems tend to look like nails.

That said, I think you missed the point in your second response - all women to a greater or lesser degree are AWs. They derives gratification and self-affirmation from the degree of attention they are capable of generating from both sexes. If you put on makeup this morning, this applies to you the same as it does my wife or my mother to some degree.
I actually get annoyed with getting attention for my looks. I will say that I'm most likely pretty unique in that aspect. I think you're right that most women do want a certain level of attention, but they really don't want it from just anyone. If a woman is obviously behaving in a way that is inviting attention you can be certain that there is a specific man nearby whose attention she is seeking out. Most men totally miss this...they think she just wants any old attention from every man in the vicinity. Not so. Just as it is the man's job to approach it is the woman's job to make the man she wants to apprach her notice her and do his job. That's not being an "attention wh*re"...that's nothing more than a woman's way of telling a particular man that she is interested in him. Unfortunately, other guys in the area tend to mistake this as an open invitation for all men to appreach her.

Now, there certainly ARE some women out there who get off on toying with men, teasing them, and leading them on just to get attention. As I said, I've only known one woman who did that. She was head over heels for a guy who wouldn't settle down with her but still was having sex with her when he felt like it. He didn't give her the attention she wanted from him so she would lead other men on, flirt with them, act like she wanted them, say highly sexual things and hint around that she wanted to have sex with them and then as soon as they acted interested she's very cruelly blow them out of the water and ignore them. I think she was both trying to get the guy she loved jealous as well as lash out at other men for the pain she felt because of of the guy she wanted. She was a real piece of work...and a total biotch to work with. She hurt a lot of men. THAT is what an attention wh*re does.

As for women who are just playing their natural role in the dating and mating game...they aren't attention wh*res...they just drew the attention of someone other than who she intended to attract. It happens.

Most of the guys on here haven't even really seen or met a real AW. They just met women who attracted them on accident when they were trying to get the attention of someone else. Some of them were trying to be polite or nice and some of them got frustrated because they attracted the wrong person and may have lashed out or been less than polite. Rather than take this personally as so many men do, they really should simply recognize it for what it is...a simple case of them catching signals that were meant for someone else.

Again...it is the woman's job to attract the man she wants to pursue her. It's the man's job to do the pursuing. Calling that natural and necessary behavior the behavior of an AW is just not accurate or fair. I mean...aren't men's positions difficult enough as it is? Do you guys honestly want women to stop making any attempts at all to send signals and signs that she is interested? I don't think men would really want that.

These kinds of things are so ridiculously simple yet are so frequently misunderstood. But that's what happens anytime a man tries to break down the meaning of a woman's behavior while looking at it as a man. I chuckle to myself on here so often when I read how a guy will be convinced he's got something all figured out when I know he's way off the mark. It's too bad more of you don't pay closer attention to what I say. I've offered so many things that could help the guys here so much if they'd all just stop and listen. I've been either blessed or cursed with the ability to feel in the way a woman does while thinking and analyzing things in the way a man does. That affords me a perspective on things that most men and women just can't get.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What WYLD ha posted here is certainly true, but it only scratches the surface of one aspect of this feminine attention dynamic. It's no secret that little girls are consistently socialized to value beauty as a form of feminine agency into adulthood. By this socialization, women learn to positively associate the attention that is rewarded from this as reinforcement. This then becomes intrinsically rewarding on it's own and women draw self-affirmation and gratification from their capacity to generate this attention.

When WYLD describes it's women's "job to attract men" this is one aspect of a greater whole. Were this exclusively the case, then it would follow that married or paired women would cease to behave in ways that would indicate that attention isn't of their highest order of importance. Yet we can easily observe that this is not the case. To be sure, there is a defiinite scaling back (some would say "giving up") of a woman's priority for physical beauty within marriage or an LTR, but this doesn't negate the need for this attention from the opposite sex (hopefully her husband/boyfreind) as well as from her clutch-peer group.

Behaviors that contradict this exclusivity might include:

A married/paired woman continuing to wear sexy outfits inspite of her LTR status.

A married/paired woman wearing makeup everyday. You could make the point that this is what society demands of her, to which I'll say this only proves my point.

Girls night out. (and this is a whole other thread here).

A single woman lounging around in sweatpants and a t-shirt without makeup at home. In the absence of an audience she reverts to comfort.

A woman wearing makeup, dying her hair, wearing a wonder bra, etc. in the presence of an exclusively female audience.

These are just a few examples to illustrate that this need for attention goes far beyond just female to male interaction. It pervades women's consciousness even in relative anonymity. This is how rewarding attention is for them. It is a reinforcement of a much higher order than men generally realize, which is why we only take particualr notice of it in extreme cases (i.e the classic Attention Wh0re). Obviously men do enjoy attention, but it is not a badge of rank or as gratifying or personally affirming as it is for women. Men who do base their self-worth on attention have traditionally been called 'Dandies' or at the very least are seen as effeminate because of the exclusivity this dynamic has with the feminine.

My purpose for starting this thread wasn't to suggest that women ought to stop trying to be attractive- far from it actually - but rather to uncover this dynamic to be put to men's advantage. Mystery stumbled upon a basic deductive reasoning that women crave attention and put this into practice in his methodology, but femine attention dynamic is a very underdeveloped science. Understanding this dynamic can aid men in dealing not only with the classic AW, but also with:

The LJBF girl that plays pseudo-friends with a guy using him as an emotional tampon.

Basic 'Game' pick up.

Using it to better manipulate group social dynamics.

LTR and marriage situations.

Even in business and work environemnts where women are concerned.

This dynamic is a foundation principle for social interaction with women. With a healthy understanding of it you can flatter your grandmother, land a high paying job with a female interviewer and go home with that HB 9 you met in the club that evening all in the same day.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
This is a very good thread, great posts by everyone. I used to date what is considered by sosuave posters to be an "attention wh*re". I read Wyldfire's first post, and I really agree with that. My opinion is, we shouldn't label a girl as an AW because of low IL. We all know that the woman's IL is the x factor in a relationship. The woman's IL is not what makes her an AW, but the way they react to low IL, perhaps, is. The way they portray it to the male. Some girls will string along a guy and make him crazy because, quite simply, like this thread is about, they want the attention. Others won't, but NONE I have found will let you down easily and tell you the logical truth that they just aren't attracted to you anymore, so yes, 99% of women are AW's...

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by speedo_meme
Some girls will string along a guy and make him crazy because, quite simply, like this thread is about, they want the attention. Others won't, but NONE I have found will let you down easily and tell you the logical truth that they just aren't attracted to you anymore, so yes, 99% of women are AW's...
There is a big difference between the girl who stops returning your calls for good because she doesn't like you, and the one who doesn't like you but calls you up from time to time just to get her phone ringing again.

I'm fine with a chick who flakes out and does a disappearing act. Hey, I can take a hint. It's the ones who show you just enough attention to get 10x the attention in return from you who are a pain in the ass and a waste of time for anything other than casual friendship or sex. As long as you can keep yourself detached from her and see the situation for what it really is.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo...you get a big fat bonk on the head for implying that women are supposed to stop looking attractive when she's married. Jeebus, dude...it's that kind of attitude that excuses a woman gaining 200lbs and stopping taking care of herself. Just because she's married or in a LTR doesn't mean she doesn't still want attention from her husband or LT boyfriend. You know better than even suggesting that. Kick yourself in the tail a good one right now. Bad Rollo...BAD BAD BAD!

You'd be ticked off if your wife stopped making any effort to get your attention, wouldn't you?

It really IS as simple as I've portrayed it to be. There really aren't anywhere near as many true AWs as you guys think. It's just women doing what they are supposed to do to attract who they want to attract and some guys it's not intended for mistaking her signals for someone else as being for anyone or him. That's really all it boils down to.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When WYLD describes it's women's "job to attract men" this is one aspect of a greater whole. Were this exclusively the case, then it would follow that married or paired women would cease to behave in ways that would indicate that attention isn't of their highest order of importance. Yet we can easily observe that this is not the case. To be sure, there is a defiinite scaling back (some would say "giving up") of a woman's priority for physical beauty within marriage or an LTR, but this doesn't negate the need for this attention from the opposite sex (hopefully her husband/boyfreind) as well as from her clutch-peer group.

My purpose for starting this thread wasn't to suggest that women ought to stop trying to be attractive - far from it actually - but rather to uncover this dynamic to be put to men's advantage.
WYLD, want to explain to me exactly where I stated that "women are supposed to stop looking attractive when she married" in my last post?

And yes, I would be upset if my wife 'gave up' and put on weight, but no where in this thread did I say she should. Rather you just reiterate what I've posted when I say she, and you, and millions of other women seek attention for affirmation.

I thought I was being concise, but you seem to have missed the point.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo, these are the things you said that got your bonk on the head...

Even when a woman is married or in a relationship when she does these things she is doing it to get the attention of ONE man...the one she loves. If he is not giving her attention some women will attempt to get his attention by making him jealous by getting the attention of other men. It's NEVER about getting the attention of a crapload of men. Never, Never, Never. That is what you are missing. Even IF she is using jealousy it is STILL just that ONE man's attention she is REALLY after. This is universally true...even with the true blue AWs like the girl I mentioned knowing. Everything she did was an attempt to get the guy she loved jealous in hopes that he would give her attention. It's ALWAYS about one guy. Even women who are single and don't have a set prospect when she goes into a bar will single out ONE guy she is interested in and wants to notice her. This never ever changes. Sometimes someone will interest her more when a woman is just out looking, but there is always a single target...ALWAYS. If you don't believe anything else I ever say, believe this.

A married/paired woman continuing to wear sexy outfits inspite of her LTR status.
Married/paired women who dress sexy are trying to get attention from their husband/partner.

A married/paired woman wearing makeup everyday. You could make the point that this is what society demands of her, to which I'll say this only proves my point.
Again...this is partially for her partner/husband and partially for other women, believe it or not. Women are highly competitive with their looks. It's not about looking good for any random men who might see her. It's to look good for her mate AND to try to look better than other women. It's dumb, but true.

Girls night out. (and this is a whole other thread here).
Again...this is about getting attention from her husband or boyfriend again...especially if she feels he doesn't take her out like he used to. What she really wants is for him to take her out, but she'll scheme a night out with the girls to make him jealous. The only exception to this is when their friends pressure them to go along because THEY are trying to make the hubby jealous or are on the prowl and they don't want to go alone.

A single woman lounging around in sweatpants and a t-shirt without makeup at home. In the absence of an audience she reverts to comfort.
This reminds me of myself sort of...but I wear makeup at home and it's men's boxers and a t-shirt...but I will go out wearing that, too. I once rode Amtrak wearing a t-shirt and boxers that said "Kiss me, I'm Irish", lol.

A woman wearing makeup, dying her hair, wearing a wonder bra, etc. in the presence of an exclusively female audience.
This is the way women "jockey" for position...it's a silly game women play to try to intimidate each other by looking better than each other. It's retarded. That stupid cattiness is why I prefer to hang out with men.

My purpose for starting this thread wasn't to suggest that women ought to stop trying to be attractive- far from it actually - but rather to uncover this dynamic to be put to men's advantage. Mystery stumbled upon a basic deductive reasoning that women crave attention and put this into practice in his methodology, but femine attention dynamic is a very underdeveloped science. Understanding this dynamic can aid men in dealing not only with the classic AW, but also with:
I've been attempting to explain how important attention is for ages on here. Unfortunately, when I go into great detail explaining just how simple it is I get accused of "siding with the woman" when all I'm doing is explaining how EASY it is to eliminated sh*t tests, games and drama in relationships. The easiest was to put it in terms a man can really understand is like this:

Attention is to women what sex is to men. It's SO easy. You can't give too much attention to a woman, but you CAN do it the wrong way and drive her away. Also, if you starve her for attention she's going to test and test and test non-stop. She's going to do as any child will do when they aren't getting enough attention and FORCE you to give it to her...even if it's negative attention from arguing. The best way to find the right balance of attention for the woman you are with is to adjust it a tiny bit until she stops testing you and forcing you to give her negative attention. It's so elementary it's not even funny...but most men have no clue. A woman NEEDS attention from the man she's with JUST as much as the man NEEDS sex from the woman he's with to feel fulfilled. These are NEEDS, not just some ridiculous demand, as so many here view attention.

The LJBF girl that plays pseudo-friends with a guy using him as an emotional tampon.
Guys don't get this one, either. Women are truly interested in platonic friendships with men. Remember, women don't look at every man she sees and first think if she's have sex with him or not. Men tend to do that. They can't help it, it's how they're wired. Men will look at this situation through men's eyes and not women's. Women aren't using male friends...they want the friendship. Men only see it as being used because they aren't getting what they hoped for...sex. The woman's goal was friendship and the man's goal was sex. It was an unspoken goal, too...and because he wasn't honest from the get go, he feels used. He has no right to feel that way because he was NOT honest about what he was looking for right from the beginning. While men think it's obvious that the woman should know his goals...she really doesn't...until he finally admits something to her. She doesn't know because she doesn't view the situation through a man's eyes. I've been saying this for years. I am able to see it from both points of view at once...and the only solution to this problem is for men to STOP acting like they only want to be friends when they want more. You've GOT to be honest from the get go.

It's really a shame you guys don't pay closer attention to what I offer for input. It's not often men get the chance to hear how women REALLY think and feel in an up front, honest and blunt manner in terms they can actually relate to and understand. That's the only reason I'm here...to TRY to make things simpler and easier for you guys...because I can if more of you would listen and less of you would show your asses at me and tempt me to give it a swift kick. :D

You're making it far more complicated than it should be.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attention is to women what sex is to men
You took the words right from my mouth (was going to post something about this).

I was going to say that some women like attention better than sex, such as some like to cuddle more than having sex.

The attention is only as good or better than sex if they're already getting sex (say from a BF, husband or FB).

Someone they're already with and are comfortable yet when they see someone they find really attractive, the attention gives them that 'high' and validation.

Status
Not open for further replies.