Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You think the James Bond character from the books would be a better role model than the movie version?

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
You ask me, I don't think role-models should be too fantastical. Instead they should be relatable.

I've picked up the habit recently of, whenever I see a "strong woman" character in anything do something outrageous, putting on a very snide impression of a child-voice and being all like:

"MoMmY, wHeN i gROw uP, I WaNnA bE jUsT lIkE hER!!"

However, that's just the female side of it. James Bond as portrayed in a number of his movies is very much the male side of this.. and it's what turned me off to the character.

It's a male glory-fantasy, with all the cliches attached, for the sake of having one. Whoopty-****ing-doo.

But then I learned about the book version of the character Ian Flemming originally wrote.

His far more reserved disposition, his more logical approach to trying to bang women during an assignment, his more realistic interactions with others (having to use intimidation and his sinister "vibe" much of the time instead of some bs magic "charm"), how he internally handles the less-glamorous aspects of his life and his "seen-it-all" attitude towards everything after all this time.

That is a character I that I can build myself up with.

What am I supposed to learn from the movie Bond? That I should be born perfect? That I should delude myself into believing that everything I do will be effortless successes because I'm the "manly hero?"

Book Bond isn't that. He's a gritty man operating in a gritty world, dealing in gritty stuff and being really good at it.

The how-tos of that, I think, are far more useful things to be teaching.. well I almost said young men but really anyone.