You look taller than you think you do!

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ever want to feel better about your height, try this.

Stand against a wall while looking into a mirror. Look at exactly what height your eyes are. Mark this spot. Now step back and look at where your eye-height mark is. I bet you'll be surprised at how high up it is.

You can also apply this to the top of your head, but since most people make eye contact, I find it more effective.

Emma's Legacy

Reaction score
Height doesnt count for a huge amount with women, yes they prefer taller guys but I know some very successful guys 5 foot 6 in height who score all the time. By ITSELF height isnt a big turn off at all. Look at Tom Cruise, Al Pacino and Mel Gibson, all "short" yet killers with women. The face is more important than height I believe. Build the body with weights to give women something extra to detract from a point lost due to shorter height. A lot of big bodybuilders are short guys, Arnie's training partner Franco Columbu was only 5 foot 5 (and he won Mr Olympia - twice!). Wearing black helps detract from height and Ive covered muscles.

Hope this helps

Ronz203

Reaction score
yea i tried that the other day,im about 6 or 6'1 so im not really concerned about my height but when i did that i was like damn im tall

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Emma's Legacy
Arnie's training partner Franco Columbu was only 5 foot 5 (and he won Mr Olympia - twice!).
Franco was an absolute beast, he's my idol.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at Tom Cruise, Al Pacino and Mel Gibson, all "short" yet killers with women.
They are famous, millionaires and are all very goodlooking. Not a great comparison, but I agree that height is only a small part of the package. However it is definitely a disadvantage.

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronz203
yea i tried that the other day,im about 6 or 6'1 so im not really concerned about my height but when i did that i was like damn im tall
I'm glad you actually did this, since nobody else in this thread seems willing to even try it.
:(

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lnghrngeek
I'm 6'2" - 6'3" and girls say I'm too tall. I kind of wish I was shorter, oh well.
I'm 5'10". Maybe we could meet in the middle.
:D

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lnghrngeek
I'm 6'2" - 6'3" and girls say I'm too tall. I kind of wish I was shorter, oh well.

Most likely you are tall and lanky, which is a huge turn-off for girls. At 6'2 you would be a tall guy, but unless you like midgets, no girl could think you are too tall for her.

I wish I was your height, since I'm barely 5'10;)

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wearing black helps detract from height and Ive covered muscles.

Hmmm..... now there's an interesting idea. I wear black all the time but I never thought about it having anything to do with perceived height.

Can you explain, please?

Emma's Legacy

Reaction score
Ive noticed that when Im dressed totally in black (eg black jeans and black t shirt with a gold buckled belt separating the two), it gives the impression my legs are longer than they are since my whole body isnt so starkly separated by wearing different colours separating my legs from my upper half. Its psychological. Yes you are still the same height but you look better. People cant tell so readily your legs are short. There is also a "sexiness" to wearing black, Johnny Cash was the "Man In Black", MC Ren was "The Villlain In Black" and Kool Keith once rapped "I wear black, while suckers wear pink". Ever noticed how extra stunning a blonde girl is when she wears black? The contrast between black and blonde (gold) is very attractive, hence my belt carries a gold buckle. Its all in the details ;-)

And yes Salvatore, Franco's my bodybuilding hero too!

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive noticed that when Im dressed totally in black (eg black jeans and black t shirt with a gold buckled belt separating the two), it gives the impression my legs are longer than they are since my whole body isnt so starkly separated by wearing different colours separating my legs from my upper half. Its psychological. Yes you are still the same height but you look better. People cant tell so readily your legs are short. There is also a "sexiness" to wearing black, Johnny Cash was the "Man In Black", MC Ren was "The Villlain In Black" and Kool Keith once rapped "I wear black, while suckers wear pink". Ever noticed how extra stunning a blonde girl is when she wears black? The contrast between black and blonde (gold) is very attractive, hence my belt carries a gold buckle. Its all in the details ;-)

And yes Salvatore, Franco's my bodybuilding hero too!
I see. Yeah, that makes sense. I've also always heard (and noticed) that wearing black makes someone look slimmer.

Alfie Crew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimping at 6'9" and I don't care. Your height doesn't matter stop thinking it does.

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn Alfie. Everybody thinks I'm "freakishly" tall and I'm 6' 4." I am lanky though (about 175 lbs), but I'd rather be on the skinny side than be fat.

A side note on the wearing all black, make sure its well fitting, not goth, five sizes too big pants, with a big black shirt.

senator

Don Juan
Reaction score
6' 7" @ 245 lbs, and devilishly great looking. Ol' Shezz has the audacity to call himself 'the Donis'

:crackup:

Seriously, I do feel sorry for you shorter fellows. I save the pity for the guys who work out too much and use 'roids and wind up looking wider than they are taller.:crackup:

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
5'5"-6" right here.

I wear jeans with narrow legs, gives me the impression of having longer legs than I do.

Emma's Legacy

Reaction score
Good point Tubularbells 28, Im 5' 6" too and also find that bodybuilding more than makes up for any height deficit. My last girlfriend was very petite - 5' 1" and absolutely stunning, we looked good together height-wise and as any relationship psychologist will tell you, the man tends to be about 4 - 5 inches taller than his partner meaning us shorter guys are a PERFECT match height-wise for more petite (cuter) women.

However, last week I dated a 5' 10" woman who told me her last boyfriend was 5' 3". I have also dated a woman who was 3 inches taller than her ex, also 5' 3". So while generally women prefer men to be 4 - 5 inches taller than themselves, there are clearly some happy exceptions meaning we can get tall women too, should we desire it.

My advice re height? Ignore it, approach all women; her attraction for you is more based on your looks, build and personality.

Taker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5' 6" also. I'm way more successful than my 6' school-mates.

One of my female friends mentioned that one of the reasons I was more attractive than most taller guys is as I'm shorter my broad shoulders make me look stockier (and I'm stronger than most people 10kg heavier than me). My shoulders are just as broad as most 6 footers out there.

I'm only 57kg btw. I used to be 66kg before I started training. I'm stronger than I was before and also lighter (fortunate what?). Make sure you guys know what you're doing when weight training (I personally don't use machines). I know a guy with literally muscles twice the size of mine, but I still beat him at arm-wrestles.

She also said that a tall lanky dude is a major turn-off, she said 'there's no sense of security when she's with them'. Sometimes the girls even envy the guys saying 'why can't I be a skinny as you are?'.

I think the reason why we misunderstand that tall guys are more attractive as most of them are actually stronger than the shorter dudes.

It's strength, not height that turns the girls on guys.