Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You guys were right, i overdid it on my cut :-(

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big time

I was doing Intermittent Fasting on 1800 calories, training sometimes twice a day for 3 months....

The first two months it was awesome and i was shredding nicely.

Then the final month problems started happening...

My libido vanished, my energy dropped. I got sick. I had no errections for a few weeks!!!

I got flu, that turned into sinisitis, that turned into vestibular neuritis because my immune system was fooked and my hormones were tanked.

Oh also my hair started falling out for a month, thank god that stopped.

I learned my lesson, no more stupidly agressive cutting and overtraining.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body has a way to warn you about everything, if you just listen.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no point in lifting excessively lifting just to burn calories. That's what cardio is for.

Diet is something like 80% of your success. So make sure you're dialed in with that before resorting to drastic measures.

It's true what @lizardking82 said. Don't keep doing something if it makes you miserable.

custardpie

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you expect when you're eating the calorie requirement of a small woman? Don't go so hard next time. If you're natty you can't afford to drop weight fast.

jenny1

Reaction score
Fasting is so important that it is interwoven with life and surviving. Fasting burns the extra fats and what has not been absorbed in our bodies. In fact, it does "spring cleaning" for our bodies.

Body fast is in a lower place of fasting and it is limited to a specific time. Since everybody with a weak will is able to body fast, it is considered an easy fasting.

Not eating for some hours is easy for a religious person. She/he is able not to eat and drink even for some days and survive safe and sound.

What is important is soul fast which covers a wide range of activities, so it is a tough fasting. It is not possible for everyone, and every person cannot achieve it through physical fasting.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big time

I was doing Intermittent Fasting on 1800 calories, training sometimes twice a day for 3 months....

The first two months it was awesome and i was shredding nicely.

Then the final month problems started happening...

My libido vanished, my energy dropped. I got sick. I had no errections for a few weeks!!!

I got flu, that turned into sinisitis, that turned into vestibular neuritis because my immune system was fooked and my hormones were tanked.

Oh also my hair started falling out for a month, thank god that stopped.

I learned my lesson, no more stupidly agressive cutting and overtraining.
Everything in moderation.

custardpie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree.

Less food and more exercise=good. Go hard. Exercise intensely and eat frugally.

In my mind 1800 calories from nutrionally dense sources is far more sustaining than an average American's 3000-plus cals. derived from dog-shiat fast food, etc. An abundance of greens and water offer quality, abundant sustenance.
Greens and water don't maintain lean muscle tissue though, protein and calories do.
Just talk to any natural guys prepping for a bodybuilding show. Less calories and more exercise is definitely not always better. If you go too hard too fast you'll end up losing all the muscle you worked so hard to gain and be left with fat you cannot shift due to your metabolism hitting rock bottom because of your depleted muscle mass.
You can maybe afford to lose 2lbs a week until you get to about 12% bodyfat, then if you try to lose more than 1lb or so a week you will be risking muscle loss. It's just a fact. There are even studies out there to prove this. The more weight you drop per week, the higher the percentage of muscle is lost as opposed to fat.

Not saying what you're doing isn't working for you, however it's definitely not the way to be teaching people as the optimal way to diet while keeping a good amount of muscle.

My avi is me from about a month ago. I weigh roughly 205lbs at 5'8. I've been training and dieting for about 9 years now so I know how this all works through trial and error along with speaking to lots of others who have found the same. Look on any decent bodybuilding forum and they'll confirm what I'm saying is true.
Not hating on you mate, just don't like seeing bad information passed around especially to people looking for solid advice.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres what is true along with what custardpie said: It's very possible to overtrain. I was LITERALLY addicted to working out like some people get addicted to drugs or sex.

I used to work out seven days a week for 3-5 hours EVERY single day of the week even on Sundays! So, after about a year of doing this(and boxing) my back and left shoulder was wrecked and I was almost paralyzed and had to have back surgery!

My brother and others warned me that I was burning muscle. The doctors told me that I would never be able to lift the way I was doing again or otherwise I'd wind right back in the same position.
You can over do anything and defeat the purpose...

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting is so important that it is interwoven with life and surviving. Fasting burns the extra fats and what has not been absorbed in our bodies. In fact, it does "spring cleaning" for our bodies.

Body fast is in a lower place of fasting and it is limited to a specific time. Since everybody with a weak will is able to body fast, it is considered an easy fasting.

Not eating for some hours is easy for a religious person. She/he is able not to eat and drink even for some days and survive safe and sound.

What is important is soul fast which covers a wide range of activities, so it is a tough fasting. It is not possible for everyone, and every person cannot achieve it through physical fasting.
A water fast a couple times a month can balance out that weight that may creep up over time... Plus you feel better afterwards.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No worries appreciate the response.

100% agree that greens and water are insufficient. Protein and fat and carbs are part of my daily food intake (of course), but I'm still consuming minimal calories while maintaining muscle and leanness (FYI I've posted lots of pics of myself on this site). I train HARD 5xs a week, 5 hours a week, and I eat and drink 100% "clean" Monday-Friday...supersetting whole-body workouts every day, often with 100-rep jumpropes performed between supersets...and I haven't "burned" any muscle...just fat. I'm lean as fvuck; think Bradd Pitt from Fight Club...except I'm about 50-60 lbs. bigger and more muscular.

Along with "overtraining" and "cutting" and "bulking", I'll add another aspect that I think is largely a myth (and I expect varying opinions on this): "burning muscle due to too much cardio/not enough food."

In my opinion very few of us suffer from this. I just don't find that to be true at all.

My before-and after pics prove that I LOOK bigger and stronger at 210 versus 225.
Yeah on that "210" we all have a "player weight"... You just feel better and have most of your strength too.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronnie had to have the same surgery that I had called a "Laminectomy".

A Laminectomy is surgery that creates space by removing the lamina — the back part of the vertebra that covers your spinal canal. It's a procedure done to remove pressure on your spinal cord or nerves. You can get paralyzed if you ignore symptoms like I did, but I was smart enough to go ahead and have the surgery. Any type of strenuous physical activity exacts a toll on your body, it's just the nature of the beast.

To be honest, some days I regret not taking steroids for all those years I was a gym junkie. But that definitely did not stop Ronnie from hurting himself..

And I wasn't lifting no where near as much weight as he did, but, I just over did it on everything. I swear even now just thinking about working out has gotten me excited, but I really haven't been inside a gym in about nine months and to be honest I'm no where near the shape I used to be in. I still have lots of muscle, but I could stand to lose about twenty pounds. I've been doing jump rope and pushups, to lose the extra weight and it seems to be helping, but that's about it, next month I'm headed back to the gym, I had to wait a while because I had two surgeries almost back to back.

If it happened to the greatest body builder of all time, it could certainly happen to you:

Coincidentally, my brother used to work in the same police dept with Ronnie when he was a police here in Texas

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
every body is not the same take that into account fellas. genetics play a role as well as lifestyle. there are too many variables involved for anyone on here to push on someone what worked for them...because it may not work for the other person. we can all agree on generalities such as, eat less crappy food..workout more etc...but me personally i could not function on 1800 calories...thats just lunch an breakfast. lol

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not convinced this is true for me. We're not that unique.

I personally think we're all pretty much the same. 2 people who look-act-feel differently can assume that less food and more exercise will yield only good results.

The reason 1800 cals. seems like starvation is because most people will never try to adapt to it. The human body, in my opinion, can sustain itself on minimal calories.

And i disagree with that. if it were the case everyone would look the same? there are a large variety in genetics. You can take 10 people from all over the earth. Put them into a place and feed them all the same and have them all on the exact same exercise regimen and i think you will see very different levels of physique and bodytype. although I do get what your saying and where your going with that. I can attest from personal experience that my body would definitely adapt to 1800 calories...by shrivelling the fuk up like a weak ass beta with zero muscle. lol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
every body is not the same take that into account fellas. genetics play a role as well as lifestyle. there are too many variables involved for anyone on here to push on someone what worked for them...because it may not work for the other person. we can all agree on generalities such as, eat less crappy food..workout more etc...but me personally i could not function on 1800 calories...thats just lunch an breakfast. lol
Some folks are twig thin on 4000 calories. I suspect it's not all metabolism but some folks may not digest and absorb as efficient.