"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

You aren't perfect... and neither is anyone else

bust.it

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Location
the best place on earth- cali
I guess you could call this an epiphany of sorts. The last few weeks I've been rather down... not sure why, but a little more depressed than usual. Mainly my attitude has been "the world against me" and I've felt isolated at times.

About an hour ago, I was walking back from dinner and one of the finest HB on campus catches up to me and gives me a quick "hey". Immediately I notice that something's wrong and I so I ask her how she's doing, to which she replies, "oh, I'm having problems with the guys... they're being mean to me".

WHAT????

Here was this blonde hair blue eyed babe, who's seen surrounded by girls and guys alike, popular and pretty smart, without a care in the world. She's perfect .

OR IS SHE?

Nope!!! Well, let's just say that it woke me up. I'd wake up in the morning and imagine everyone i knew was happy, confident, satisfied.. and I had to get through the day to try my best to stay on top of things. It's completely untrue.

The truth is, EVERYONE has problems. From the skinny nerdy kid to the varsity athelete to the four-eyed spanish girl to the HB in the tight leather skirt. Of course people will try to hide or ignore (or DJs: accept and improve) their problems, but alas: they're still there.

Stop being jealous about better-looking guys. Stop dreaming about the day you'll be "like him". Stop wishing you were with the "perfect 10". They have problems or worries that you don't.

So take a deep breath.

And you'll begin to realize, just as I did, that everyone is fighting his own battle.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

mahon83050

Banned
Joined
Jun 16, 2000
Messages
2,641
Reaction score
6
Location
Toms River,NJ United States
Good post, everyone has their skeletons in the closet. However, some have worse or more problems than others. I have had depression problems, which to me, is probably one of the most horrible things a human being can experience. The worst thing about depression is, people cannot tell or DO NOT know you are suffering. A person who is depressed can come off as shy, cold and just an angry miserable person who CHOSE to be like that. Of course this is far from the truth and depression has "robbed" them from being themselves. This is why I want to stop drinking... Alcohol is like adding fuel to the fire, since it in itself is a depressant. Once again, good post.
 

Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
914
Reaction score
17
Age
40
Location
Louisiana
Awesome post, dude! It IS really easy to get caught up and make ourselves the center of the universe. We get to thinking "Woe is me! Everybody else has it so much better!"
That example with the HB is a real wake-up call. Nobody's invulnerable to problems.

One thing I like to remember that relates to this in a way is that everybody takes sh*ts. I found that in the Bible somewhere. Next time you can't work up the nerve to approach a chick, picture her "tearin' up da club."
 

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
738
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Nottingham, England.
True.

It is important to realise that the girl with the beautiful looks never had to do anything to gain them.

Therefore being beautiful does not neccesarily make someone special, I have been fooling around with a digital camera recently and I have realised that I am above average looking, but I look everso slightly 'strange', however I have a great personality, and understand the DJ system.

It amazes me that we men put people on Pedestals for something as shallow as beauty....
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
914
Reaction score
17
Age
40
Location
Louisiana
Another bump for a righteous post.
 
Top