Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yet Another Reminder For Caution w/r Online Dating

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That has little to do with the web, really. I find it hi-fuxing-larious that they were both lying. Naw, the bulk of the issue here is common AFC shi+. Jealousy.

They were totally gaming each other - and lying. But, the dudes were falling all over themselves trying to be with this chick. And... dude shot the other guy? For what? Married dude SHOT young single dude? Young single dead dude wasn't lying about who he was. Uh, married dude should have shot... HIMSELF!

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how long both of them had been married.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though you can never know if they're real or not, I know with the ones on myspace, there are certainly those that seem far more legitimate than others. If you initiate a dialog using the messaging system and make contact, you can bring up a few items that serve the purpose of further verifying that the person is genuine.

Its reminiscent to me of viruses in emails. There are going to be people prone to them; but primarily just the naive ones.

That story read to me like a 21st century version of Darwinism in action.

Azanon

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
That story read to me like a 21st century version of Darwinism in action.
Word.

Two less dudes = two more chicks for me.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy was an innocent kid that was killed by a jealous insecure one. A REAL danger when dealing with MySpace type individuals.

This is not the only case. I have read of others and heard of some of the drama about others too.

No worthy.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bummer for the 'kid' (of course he was 22yrs old so not really a kid anymore). Hey RT, lets hope that book of yours makes it through to dudes just like the kid in this case. Talk about a perfect example of living within the matrix. Had he just established quick contact and immediately pushed to meet directly (as many here so wisely condone) her game would have been up immediately.

Rollo Tomassi said:
I'd be interested to know how long both of them had been married.
Hard to be sure but with two teenaged daughters, perhaps 15yrs or more?

Article said:
Barrett, 22, was an aspiring industrial arts teacher, an accomplished high school athlete who had coached Little League all summer and helped his father coach soccer. Those who knew the Buffalo State College student described him as quiet and unassuming.
Sounds like a good kid here too with the quiet and unassuming part probably tipping his AFC hand.

Article said:
Cyberspace, it appeared, was enough for her, and it was a near certainty she would never have met either man.
Talk about a great example of a modern LSE wack job!

Article said:
The woman made no secret of the fact she was chatting with Barrett, Case said, and Barrett talked about the relationship at work. Montgomery, authorities say, became jealous.
There's that word again where it doesn't belong. Sad, it was never anything close to a relationship.

I'll be surprised if she gets charged with anything. Each of the men were responsible for the actions and their corresponding outcomes. Yet, she played a role in this too. I'm wondering what stance the media will take w/r to her. My money says they downplay her role rather than hold her accountable in some way :(

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no indication that the kid was interested on her. Perhaps he was just flirting and chatting and she was getting the other dude jealous (INTENTIONALLY). Trust me...many people "live" the MySpace as part of their "real life". It is an extention to their drama (especially women).

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
There is no indication that the kid was interested on her.
Good point and I hope your right, that would show some degree of planning (ie premeditation) on her part.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am practing the online game thoery, in truth i get bored with it.

So many mine fields to traverse, the things that hit you on these sites are hard to ignore, that does not mean there is potential to meet a good women or a women to equal what you want, but to get that requires so much effort.

Playing the online game makes me feel tedium, i get bored of it.

All the ego trip girls looking for a boost.
The fake profiles.
The single mothers looking for a new daddie.
The subliminal messages or 'not looking for perverts' when the women in the profiles dont mind showing as* and ti*s.
The constant boring barrage of mind numbing fluff games you feel you need to play.
The not knowing if there pics are legit.
The thought of hooking up with a social stalker or wierdo.
to name but a few.

Makes one wonder why the fuc* i even bother, starting to feel that way and only been testing a new site for a few weeks, dont get me wrong its nice to get attention, but you cant beat meeting girls face to face in the flesh from a real meeting, at least then you dont get 95% of the cra* that perminates online dating.

But still i will persever with it, got a few women that seem ripe for the chance of a hook up, i think i need to at least carry it through just to qualify my suspicions or at least put them to route. I do feel there women that are ok on these sites but getting there requires a beach head type battle that only glorifies the real world face to face meeting.

The real world meeting of girls is still not a perfect system, i wish it was but at least in the face to face scenario you can at least have some eliment of control.

Also i am noticing most hot women on these sites have so much ego choice the level a man as to stoop too to try to get some attention makes the effort a waste, especcially considering in the field it is never THAT hard.

Then again when women contact you on these sites it is a little easier, but one as to wonder how many other guys the women is contacting also.

I have a negative frame for online dating.

Also what that about when women post 'i am in a relationship, i met x on this site' then x posts something similer but the two are still on the dating site, wtf is that about, seen this rather a lot.

Also looking at one profile a girl of 18, about 24 pics, 17 of which are her with a different guy, most kissing them e.t.c and the profile reads 'in a relationship' i suspect on of the chumps to be the BF i feel sorry for the poor smuck, the girl is hot but dam if i would go there, attention whor* screams from the page.

In a relationship but still on a dating site, i mean alot of it is mind games validation.

Also not to mention the biggest aspect.

There are about 4x as many guys as girls on these sites.

Online dating is a good idea but plagued by so many mine fields it as lost its purpose, or at least it seems that way to me.

Shame for a genuine guy who posts honest profiles only to be met with a high % of deceptive and validation cra*.

Last bird i met online had aquired about 12 stone from the pic she took, why could the biatch not be honest at the start?

Not to mention the testimonals from guy with the usual 'wow what a women, e.t.c' whilst having about 4-5 other testimonals from other guys too, why they keep that stuff up i would never know.
Last thing i would do is pm a girl on a dating site with 3-4 guy testimonals about how great she is, yeh she is probably totally awsome, collecting chumps as she goes and they fall over each other for it too, i really would not put myself thorugh that. I have no idea why guys would post how awsome a girl is when it is clear as day the girl is communicating and more with a lot of guys, all well and good but one does not need it to be so in your face, i do wonder what the average male thinks on there i really do, puts me clean off, i dont care how hot she looks.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was a Net situation that was FUBAR on several levels:

1. This is what happens when middle aged women descend into themselves via sites such as iVillage, Craigslist and Oprah.com .
  2. This also happens when middle aged men escape from the World of Warcraft universe and wander into reality.
  3. And finally when wet behind the ears, Internet dating noobs fail to qualify women they encounter online by not meeting them IRL ASAP.