"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

****y funny?

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
Kaine,

I used to laugh them off, but what can you do when someone you respect and really like keeps saying odd things like that. And they are unsolicited. Sometimes i feel strange when I talk to him now and I don't really know what he's going to say next. but, he's really a great guy and I don't want anything to mess up our friendship. I just wonder if it's normal for a guy who just sees you as a friend to say such things and how I should handle it when he does.

AFK, have you ever heard of projection...(hint: it's a psychological term, son). I think you've just proven that YOU need to chillax.
SB;)
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Yep. Thank god for people like Vincent. I love you man.
I am teh winnar!
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Never heard of projection and I think you know that. Why don't you enlighten me o' great one instead of just trying to make you seem so much smarter than me? Remember, I'm only 16. Just a wee little "boy." I don't know anything you know...just a little kid who needs to chillax.

I'll just leave it at here. You keep on wondering what your fantasy lover wants to do to you. But that ego you have is not confidence. It is blindness.

And that naive attitude you sprinkle on your posts is not childish innocence. It is attention wh*ring.

Cheers.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Vincent do you play CS? What's your sn if you do. btw, thanks to you and Lik and all those Starcraft people for jacking my goodbye thread a while back lol.:D I was like, "hot damn wtf happened here."
nope I don't.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
What's an attention whoore, AFK? Is it someone who posts angrily on someone elses thread FOR NO APPARENT REASON AT ALL? Is it someone who posts on a message board and then accuses other poeple who do the same of being an attention whoore? Or, is it maybe a young guy who should be in bed because he has school tommorow but he's posting on a message board instead without his parents knowledge because they don'y pay enough attention to him?

Well, if liking a lot of the guys on this board enough to want to communicate with them because I think they are cool like my other male friends means I'm an attention whoore, then HELL YAH! That's what I am! And I guess so is everybody else here. How am I any different than anyone else here? Is it just because I'm a girl? And don't say it's because of my posts because they are NO worse than some of the other's around here and YOU know it!
SB;)
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
It's so true seabreeze. My parents neglect me boohoo. I have school tomorrow boohoo. Good going. You seek to strike at my family to try to hurt me. Good ****ing going.

I'm not against women at all on sosuave. I'm against attention wh0res. Other people have posts just as bad as yours, but it's because they're posting it because they really don't know wtf is going on. They're here to get some practical help.

Btw, you should go to sleep too. Night. I won't post again here after this. It'll go on and on and it should be taken elsewhere. Attack my family some more while I'm gone why don't you? It was definitely uncalled for. awww AFK's a little touchy? Go ahead say that too. You're bull****. I know it. And that's good enough for me.
 

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
Yawn. Yep. That's what I get for arguing with a sixteen year old. (shakes head).

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but, I'm just trying to prevent myself from getting really offended and feeling insulted. So, how should I respond to my friend in a positive way?
SB
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
The truth is that he wants to have sex with you with no strings attached, and doesn't really see you as a friend.

Either do him, or move on and find new friends.

My 2 cents.
 

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
Don't give him any fuel to feed his fire. Be absolutely neutral, no flirting back and no acting so he believes you're playing hard to get (no challenge). Don't even laugh just smile, brush it off and move on to something else.

For the moment I would in your situation adopt an attitude which accepts it as part of his nature, take it for granted and stop second guessing it unless he blatantly oversteps your boundaries.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
Engestu,

I've though about that. But this guy has helped me through a lot and whether or not he considers me a friend, I consider him one and I'm a very loyal person.

Kaine,

That's good advice. I don't think he knows that I'm not getting his sarcasm and that it hurts me. But, I guess I'll continue to do what I've been doing and just ignore it. Thanks.
SB;)
 
Top