"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

wtf should i do

Kendog

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
The gym thing isn't working, we just can't get there at the right times to see each other. She says noon so I show up at 1220 and she says she saw me across the gym but was just leaving. This morning I said I would go to the gym at 11am when she said she would be there, but I warned I may oversleep, which I did.

Should another time be arranged on AIM for the gym? I don't know how long it will be until she thinks it's just creepy and weird trying to meet a kid she doesn't know in a gym.

OR should I attempt to become a bit more involved with her on AIM and then ask her out on a kind of blind date? This way we'll meet and it WILL be a date, instead of "meeting in the gym."

OR should I just keep chatting with her on AIM and see if she continues to stay interested for a few weeks and then arrange a date?

I can just do nothing too and continue to chat on AIM, I could use some girl but can live without.. have for long enough already.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Why are you jerking her around to begin with?

Think of it this way...if a girl told you she'd meet you at the gym at 12 and didn't make it till 12:20, then you arranged to meet again and SHE overslept, would you keep messing with her?

I hope not.

If you make a date to be somewhere...BE THERE.
 

Kendog

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
well it wasnt official it was just "oh im going to the gym at 12" "oh ok ill prob come ther around 12 too"
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Call her and apologize for your absence and treat her to a lunch.
 
Top