Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wrote a speech, now im pretty sure im gonna try steroids.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so i just wrote a speech over legalizing the use of steroids. i found quite a bit of evidence that negative side effects most often mentioned with regards to use are mainly scare tactics that have little basis in science.

hearing that and seeing all this information has essentially put me over the edge as far as my decisions to experiment a bit myself. having been an avid lifter for the last 3 years or so, im curious to see what my body can do with a responsibly done regiment of performance enhancers. has anyone here done so? and which specific types did you try? im only 19 so i probably won't be messing with synthetic testosterone, as mine is already high as can be. im in my very early stages of researching, so pretty much any information you can offer will be helpful.

thanks

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
How much do you deadlift?
How much a person deadlifts is a red herring, when it is thrown into the debate of whether one should do gear or not. More importantly one should ask how how long has the person been training and how their knowlege of nutrition is. 90% of people don't aspire to hit a 600 lb deadlift like you Kerpal. Most people will not even achieve a 500 lb deadlift in their life times, cause well most do not care at all about a huge deadlift.

For the OP I'd suggest waiting until you are at least 25 years old. There is people that choose to hit them earlier, but it takes a very educated and mature approach to do them correctly. Keep this in mind, if you ever want to have kids later and not **** yourself up.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me give you a bit of advice JJ...

There is no such thing as 'testing the waters' in steroids. You've got the curiosity bug now and you are probably on a mission to make it happen. That's how it all starts. Here are the realities-

-Once you reach a certain level of achievement, it can be VERY hard if not impossible for some to go back to natural training. This is the seductive nature of gear.

-You want to see where they can take you? You dont even know where you can take yourself. You've been training for three years. Dont underestimate what you can do with time and a serious approach.

-Hormones are MUCH more complicated than they seem from the outside. The more you add in the more problems there are to manage.

-At your age you run the risk of permanently messing up your own natural production. It's a crapshoot, but I can tell you I know more than a few guys who juiced at a young age and are now on HRT for life.

Unless you are a competitive athlete or make a living off your physique, you dont need them. Just my .02.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
How much a person deadlifts is a red herring, when it is thrown into the debate of whether one should do gear or not. More importantly one should ask how how long has the person been training and how their knowlege of nutrition is. 90% of people don't aspire to hit a 600 lb deadlift like you Kerpal. Most people will not even achieve a 500 lb deadlift in their life times, cause well most do not care at all about a huge deadlift.
It's the best single question to ask someone when you want to figure out if they have any idea what they're talking about.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did them at 19. Looking back I wish I never touched the stuff.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
It's the best single question to ask someone when you want to figure out if they have any idea what they're talking about.
I know of people who stopped dead lifting after getting up to 315 lbs, yet still continued to lift for many, many more years and still got big and strong. A lot of people don't know what a dead lift is, hell a lot can't even properly dead lift to begin with, that is why they ditch it.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
I know of people who stopped dead lifting after getting up to 315 lbs, yet still continued to lift for many, many more years and still got big and strong.
If they can't deadlift more than 315 they're not strong.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strength is fine and desirable goal for STRENGTH ATHLETES... OL/PL/strongmen, etc... However, for your average dude looking to get jacked and get laid, they could give 2 shiiites about how much they deadlift. Same thing goes for bodybuilders/figure athletes... they don't care about how much they lift. Its all about how you look on stage.... Looking good on stage, and being marketable leads to sponsorships... this puts money in your pocket. I think we work too damn hard to just to let lifting "be a hobby"... I would like to get some form of financial compensation back from it, as I did when I was stripping. I'm not sure, but I think the opportunities to cash in when it comes to strength sports are few and far between. This board has to stop being so damn dogmatic and let everyone do their own thing w/ respect to their goals.

JJ, I've been using gear for years. I'm a former male entertainer, and I've also done stints as a sprinter/bobsledder at the provincial/university level. I'm gonna do my first bodybuilding competition next year. Before you take the plunge you gotta ask yourself WHY you wanna do anabolics. As I'm sure you know there are inherent risks involved... If you feel the gains outweigh the risks then it is your decision. Just make sure you do your research and actually know what you're doing, because as Colossus said, messing with your hormones is innately complicated. I also agree with his point that you probably shouldn't use gear unless you're a competitive athlete, fitness model or making money off your build/looks in some other way.

You're also only 19 years old. You're still growing and developing and will probably continue to do so until about 25 years of age. Get a few more years in after that and maybe consider gear in your late 20s, or in your 30s. You'd be surprised how much progress you can make naturally with a good diet, discipline and just staying consistent with your diet/training.

If you do decide to take the plunge, make sure you have your diet totally on point and actually know how to properly use gear. Ei: What drugs to use for PCT, how long to stay on, when to use tamoxifen vs. anastrazole, etc. etc. Personally I would urge you to wait until you're at least 25 and maximize your natural growth.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post, Fug.

I'm not anti gear or anti anything not strength-related, but if you're getting on gear, you better make some fine cash from the result! 19 is way too young for that anyway.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True people have different goals but the vast majority of the people posting here aren't even close to a level where they need steroids yet, for anything, regardless of their goals. By asking how much he deadlifts we can instantly ascertain whether he's even ready to be thinking about steroids yet.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(JJ) said:
so i just wrote a speech over legalizing the use of steroids. i found quite a bit of evidence that negative side effects most often mentioned with regards to use are mainly scare tactics that have little basis in science.

hearing that and seeing all this information has essentially put me over the edge as far as my decisions to experiment a bit myself. having been an avid lifter for the last 3 years or so, im curious to see what my body can do with a responsibly done regiment of performance enhancers. has anyone here done so? and which specific types did you try? im only 19 so i probably won't be messing with synthetic testosterone, as mine is already high as can be. im in my very early stages of researching, so pretty much any information you can offer will be helpful.

thanks
post your current diet and body stats (height, weight, can you see abs?)

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you see abs what the hell...what does that have to do with anything? Why would it matter what bf% he is at when he is talking about gear?

I also like how everyone is giving him the put down speeches...he wants to do gear then let him.

Personally since he's a beginner I would have him check out Test-e and dbol just because they are tested and actually work not to mention him not needing the more advanced stuff.
Then when he cuts go on a t3/clen stack to lose bf.

PCT would need to be researched since its debatable as well as the cycle itself but I think that should help.

Steroids are not as bad as everyone says they are and if you dont dose yourself too high like an idiot and take it easy then you will be fine. The only people that do bad on gear are the idiots that overdose on the ****.

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best statement I've seen is this:

Unless you are a competitive athlete or make a living off your physique, you dont need them. Just my .02.
There's no sense in taking big risks if the rewards are non-existent. I would carefully examine your "goals" before looking for the "get rich quick scheme." Remember what they say about "If it sounds too good to be true."

If you are making money from bodybuilding and your physique, then by all means, roid up, get huge, make loot, etc. If not, then you should have good reasons for doing what you do.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
If they can't deadlift more than 315 they're not strong.
No they just did not know how to do the lift properly, hurt themselves and just did more barbell rows and other movements. lol my statement was taken out of context. There is strong people out there who have never dead lifted in their life. I love the movement, but damn it is pretty funny seeing what seems to be a condenscending nature some exude towards others who just don't do deadlifts.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the responses gentlemen.

i'll try to get all of em here, but i had no idea yall would be so quick to respond! nice!

ahem.

kerpal, my deadlift numbers are admittedly weaker than i'd like. i havent incorporated them into my regiment until about 6-8 months ago, and never was told to do them in high school workouts (i played baseball). although, i suppose there's no harm in sharing my number on an anonymous forum. im right around 290 on my final set, which i aim for 2-4 reps on at last measure. BUT, as mentioned later, i'm doing this more for appearance advantages.

carlitosway, thanks bro. agreed, i know i personally dont have any aspirations of pulling 600, and as i said, im interested in finding my inner beach body. i could see waiting till 25 as a viable option... have you tried anything yourself?

colossus, thanks to you as well. you're right. my body continually amazes me with its ability to come back for more punishment. and yea, i am curious more than anything. hopefully that doesnt lead to any abuse... however can you clarify what you meant with HRT?

crissco, care to share anything else?

fuglydude, i found your post the most helpful, thanks. we probably have similar goals. mine are to be strong yes, but to also have the aesthetically pleasing form. from what i gather, steroids can make the road to achieving this physique and level of strength much easier and allow greater windows of error. i am torn between the two worlds of strict diet and training vs partying it up and drinking way too many of my calories here in college. also, the general opinion here seems to be that waiting a few years would be the best idea. as i said earlier, i am not opposed to that idea, but would like more information on your use... if you wouldnt mind posting, or sending a pm that'd be much appreciated.

effort, i am 6'4, right around 210. im working to put on more mass at the moment. meals that i eat regularly:

1. 12 oz whole wheat pasta, 8 oz ground beef and whatever marinara's on sale, as well as grated cheese.

2. 6 eggs with 8 oz ground beef, on whole wheat tortillas with picante

3. cottage cheese with triscuit crackers. (about 200g of cottage cheese, eaten before bed usually)

4. 3 hamburger patties with whole wheat bread (poor college student here! ha)

5. right around a pound of chicken tenders, grilled up on the george forman, eaten with a can of random vegetables.

and more variations of similar cheap, easy, quick type stuff... i also make homemade protein bars to get some in that i believe have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20g protein, and 250 or so calories.

abs, i have the top two... but as i said, im currently trying to put on more mass as we get away from swimsuit season.

jon24, you're right! thats the reason im so excited about the idea now. the research i did was mainly about baseball players' use of the stuff, but it seems as though with proper understanding and moderation, it's relatively easy to use them just as safely (if not moreso) than many other things i've tried in my life...

beyondcharm, thanks for your input as well. steroids do seem to be a get rich quick scheme of sorts, you're right. and that's what has drawn me to them. i see guys in the gym all around me, (who have told me they're on some sorts of steroids) who are surpassing me with much less effort than what i am putting in, and i find it very frustrating. thus my initial inspiration for even researching the topic!

again, thanks everyone for your replies. keep the information coming!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JJ, the majority of my use was during the stripping career. I used them to stay lean. I was never a big guy... at the peak of my stripping career I was 165 at 5'8". Obviously my bodyfat was low and I like to think I naturally have decent shape. Compared to now, however, my diet back them was shiiite, and lifestyle was crap too, as I did drugs, was in school full time, fooled around with a lot of women, etc. etc... All in all this lead to sleep deprivation.

If you have any specific questions about gear just PM me... not sure what you're really asking me here.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short I messed up my hormones and my libido. Its been 4 years and im still having problems down there. It fu*king sucks. And yes I did everything correctly. I did a proper PCT, also did HCG, you name it. Im sure a lot of you dont know steroids slow down the production of your thyroid, which is also a bit low from the steroid use. FYI I used 500mg of Test Enanthate for 12 weeks. I agree with the guy who said you shouldnt use them unless your competing or in dire need, and I mean NEED. Good Luck with your decision.