Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wow, i just saw the most depressing movie of my life

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone in here ever seen flannel pajamas?

wow.

that should be like legally mandatory to watch before anyone gets married.

my fiancée and i have a game. we watch something every night, always have for as long as we have been together. we generally rotate per night. last night i wanted to watch the The silence of the lambs (actually never saw it, somehow). She has figured out, I will watch certain movies, if they have actresses that I think are pretty in them, and over the years she has figured out i just think Juliane Nicholson is just the cutest little thing on earth, hince my love of law and order, at least one of the reasons. So,s he goes tot he movie store and gets this movie, i'm open minded and it got some pretty decent reviews.

I would not even call this a chick flick, this is like a reality flick. We actually ended up looking at each other during the movies.

for those of you who have never seen this movie, here is a spoiler.

guy, lives in NYC, guy has his **** in ORDER.. about 25-26 years old, has about 100k in the bank from saving money since he was 16, he writes jingles for a living and is damn good at it, good looking, no baggage, no debt, nothing. he's a catch.

The only problem is the guy is like a NYC sized AFC, it doesn't take 10 minutes for the movie to start to show it

mets Juliane (for thee est of this i will call her J) through a friend at a diner. They hit it off. ovbiously she's cute, and he's funny, he has the has the whole bit going. So within like 2 hours she is telling him how her parents are drunks and how her brothers are drunks and all this ****.. that should have been a red flag.... no.. he literally says, "i'm going to be your knight in shining honor"

You can tell off the bat she has killer low self esteem. she doesn't like her body yet she knows she's not ugly, but yet doesnt' like to be seen naked, she keeps getting fired from jobs, and she's 15k in debt

So, he finally tags it, he spends the night over her house while he's there he offers to pay off her 15k in debt for school loans. of course she takes the money and right now she's giving up the nookie left and right. like every other scene. she's so happy. he's happy. he's getting laid, got a pretty gal on his arm. It's like she looks up to him almost. they are in "love" he says it first.

Then, he tells her that she is moving in with him.

The go to montana (where she is from") to meet the family, family is bad**** crazy, I still think her sister wanted to **** him

She soon gets fired, and so now she's jobless and homeless and he's supporting both of them. guy is not broke, so it's not that big a deal to him. he's just happy he's got his gal, and she could not be happy. it is actaully sweet for a mintue how much in "love they are". he then proposes, and she starts crying, she's happy, he's happy, everyone is happpy. This is a big point to.. she wants kids. he wants kids. he wants 1. she wants 3. he says let's split the difference, she says okay we will split the differnce at 3. he says okay but we have to wait 2 years before we try. she says okay.

now.. they get married.. literarly..no exaggeration the second they get on the hoonymoon it just starts going downhill. she has been giving up the nookie like it was a free condom dispenser for half the movie, he goes in and tires to kiss her on her back and she says "dont' tuch me". no more sex the rest of the movie. none. they go from passionate kissing to him kissing her forehead for the rest of the movie.

Now he's jewish, she's cathloic. the mom tells him that she never wanted them to get married in the first place and the wife does not defend him.

she's a cook (J is the cook) and she asks him can he help her go into business. like the good supportive husband he is, sure babe, go ahead, i got ya. she goes into business and runs his ass dry with bills. she then throws a hissy fit becuase he wont' have kids with her, but he brings up the 2 years and she says 'why do we have to agree to that stupid time line, if you can't have kids with me i don't think i can be with you". ti's not 2 years yet.

then he has a buncvh of people offering to stake him in his own business, the dude is very good at what he does, and he asks his wife, and tells her hey times are gonna get tough, she says sure, i want you to be happy.

needless to say, at the movie, she leaves him after she has ran through his money because he's broke, he's stuck with all her bills, all her cooking ****, he gets no recourse for the 15k he paid off her loans.

The guy has his issues. he doesn't' like her family, doesn't pretend to like her family (they are bat**** crazy but it is her family). he is a BETA if there ever was one.

The guys main problem is that she kept hinting at leaving for the last half of the movie. the first time she did, he should have packed his **** and left. regardless of how much he loved her, the guy was a catch and at some times you do need to just move on.

it was just apprant that 10 minutes after they got married, it wasn't gonna work. it was just pure downhill. she had issues. cute as heck, but issues.

that was very depressing, espically being honest i can draw some distant similarities between the guy and me. I think I do a pretty good job of controlling the frame of our relationship we have, but the fact is, my fiancee does live with me and has for a while. The kids aren't an issue, we don't want anymore,e ither of us, and I make enough money that there isn't much she could do that could really hurt me financially, but still.. just the change. she could see the look on my face when the movie went off, and she said "babe i'm not that crazy, that won't be me when we get married" i mean, just no sex, no nothing.

Are all ****ign women like this?

Miles28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker,

I'm definitely going to rent this movie.

I would also recommend a book called 'The Average American Male' if you haven't already read it. Very disturbing in a similar way to the movie you described.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want to have some fun with her, tell her that the movie made you not want to marry her anymore.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** zarky i damn near did it seriously lol. man.

there were major red flags dealing with the girl. she was way too clingy and you could tell she had issues, at least i could. but the man put himself in that position by being such a chump.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
she could see the look on my face when the movie went off, and she said "babe i'm not that crazy, that won't be me when we get married" i mean, just no sex, no nothing.
So she won't be THAT crazy, and you'll get SOME sex! lolololololololol. But not as much as your getting now? haha sorry man, I know its all about "vocal tone and context" but reading it black and white, that was kinda funny.

Last edited:

game.r

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahaha.... i know she was sorry as hell she chose that movie

seriously though you should use this as an opportunity to do some major qualification and laying down of boundaries...

survivorman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to worry, BB - it was "just a movie"... Or was it?

I've heard it said that life's lessons are all around us, all of the time.
And when the student is ready.. the teacher will appear.

Pay close attention -- to *everything*.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
Are all ****ign women like this?
A woman is programmed to get whatever she can from her provider. Some will go overboard, as some parasites actually kill their host, which puzzles many biologists.

Men are programmed to get whatever they want from their environment. Some work themselves to death. Here in Japan there is a term called "koroushi," which is recognized by both the government and insurance companies. It literally means "death from overwork."

A man is also programmed to fukk anything that he can, whenever he can. Often times these two prime directives are in conflict. Guess which one wins most of the time?

If a guy puts the pu$$y on such a high pedestal that it brings him to ruin, is it the girls fault?

Just as we can rationally and intellectually understand that eating everything in sight, no matter how strong the urge, is not needed for survival and avoid eating a couple extra big macs every night, we can learn to temper our instincts to drive our DNA into the future at any cost.

As Dawkins said in "The Selfish Gene," we don't to be slaves to our genes.

Sadly, AFC guys rush into relationships with red flag waving nutters just as eagerly as fat chicks rush into baskin robbins.

The solution, of course, is to get as much sex as you can, so that the pu$$y loses its mystical power.

Then when it comes time to choose a partner for life, you can think a bit more rationally.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh snap

i forgot the best part

afc had a brother, guy was a pill head, was crazy and pulled like, white hot ass. he eventually shot himself becuase of drugs, but he was sleeping with dimes left and right.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is a raw deal for a man, got to be very smart about it and even if you think you are doing everything right, it can still bite you in the ass in the end.

One has to be very careful of the games that women play on men in order to for them to committ to a marriage. It seems to me that right after marriage, many women lose interest in their men and stop being the giving person they were prior to the marriage and instead become less giving and more demanding.

There is a saying that women expect men to change once they get married but they don't and men expect women to not change but they do.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why I take my f@*$in time when it comes to marriage. It's never too late, don't rush into it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okay this movie got to me so much, i found it on rapidshare lol.

if you want it pm me and i can send you the rapidshare links

Razor Sharp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see marriage as the problem in this hypothetical scenario - it is a lack of common sense and experience of a man whose judgement was terribly impaired by the after-effects of pvssy. Even a half-baked player in the game would be able to see that this girl would only make for a good f*ck and little more.

The problem is that dudes catch feelings so easily nowadays, especially when sex with an attractive female is involved. They get more emotional than women when it comes down to it, and then inevitably wonder why life uppercuts them in the nuts.

@DJDamage

Marriage is a raw deal for MOST men, who are not savvy enough to protect their hearts or their assets and do it for the wrong reasons (like romance :rolleyes:). It really only makes sense if you want to raise a family, or have religious convictions. In either scenario you'd be wise to sign a pre-nup!

Marriage as an institution can benefit both parties, but you really do need to go in with both eyes open, and have a lot more awareness of the legal implications if you are a man. By design its definitely rigged in favor of women.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think if a man is over 30 when he gets married, AND gets married when he has a number of women to choose from rather than out of desperation, he has a pretty high chance of a good marriage. But when he's 22 and marrying the first girl who's let him drop her pants and he's afraid he'll never get a girl like her again... that's a recipe for disaster.

Miles28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****,

Am watching this movie now. Bought it after reading Backbreaker's entertaining summary. It's hard to watch. This guy is truly pathetic.

Miles28

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** the guy just put his coat over a puddle for the *****.......... can't watch anymore.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You Always Hurt The One You Love"...

Back, have you ever watched the movie "Closer"? This one is pretty depressive.

"Closer" is a handbook about how not to act in a relationship. It is about deception in all its various permutations: lying, cheating, pretending to love someone, pretending not to love someone. "Closer" is about anything other then actually being close. In fact "Closer" is about staying as far away emotionally from people as you can: playing games with each other, taunting each other with frank descriptions of intimate encounters and instigating brutal arguments in which the need to hurt and cut as deeply as possible is paramount.
More on IMDb (SPOILERS, read only after the movie):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376541/board/nest/155132494?p=1

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you like ƒucking, marriage aint for you." - Chris Rock.

I've yet to meet the married man who told me the frequency and intensity of sex with his wife increased after marriage in contrast to sex while they were dating. Sexual urgency is replaced with familiarity, and competition anxiety is replaced with comfortable complacency. And this is coming from a guy married for 14 years who has pretty good and regular sex in what most here would consider an ideal marriage. Single sex and married sex are two different worlds.