Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Worthwhile supplements to take regularly that actually work

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Thought I would start a list of worthwhile supplements that actually show results because there are so many ones out there that do not much of anything. Not talking about the basic ones like multivitamins or Vitamin D, magnesium, etc.

I focus on 3 main areas when I look at these for my personal use. Improving insulin resistance/blood sugar control, improving anabolic environment/decreasing catabolic environment in the body, and potential to aid in assisting body composition(muscle gain and/or fat loss). Additionally there are some I take for overall health benefits outside of these that are also important, especially when you are taxing your body with intense workouts.

Creatine is one of the most studied and helpful supplements to take for increasing strength. Has pretty consistently shown a 10% increase in strength which should lead to increased muscle mass if training properly.

Betaine Anhydrous(aka TriMethylGlycine/TMG) - Important for a bodily process called methylation, this has been shown to be quite effective for recomp, helping to aid with muscle gain and fat loss over placebo. Effectively does this by increasing the anabolic environment in the body boosting levels of GH and IGF-1 while also lowering cortisol post workout. Also helps improve liver function and its ability to burn fat. I take 1.5 g pre and post workout.

L-Carnitine-Tartrate(not ALCAR) - heavily involved in the bodily process that shuttles fatty acids in the bloodstream into cells for use as energy and then also in the process of using the fatty acids for energy. A single intense workout can lower L-Carnitine levels in the body by 80% which then have to be replenished by synthesizing it from the amino acids lysine and methionine. This ensures that the body has near perfect L-Carnitine levels at all times for optimal fat burning and the body can save those amino acids for other uses. I take 2g post workout.

Leucine/HMB - leucine by itself has been shown to be anabolic as it is the amino acid marker used by the body to determine protein levels. Higher levels of leucine have been shown to drive more muscle synthesis in the body as long as there are enough other amino acids present as well. HMB is the downstream metabolite of Leucine and some swear it has near steroidal like capabilities but the studies are mixed on it. Leucine is a pretty safe bet to take regularly tho. 5g pre-work out helps repair micro tears as you workout and provides a catalyst for muscle building post workout.

GABA - is a little bit of a different category as it is actually the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain that helps induce calmness and helps lower stress anxiety and stress levels. It also has a big effect on GH levels in the body. It can be used in two ways. Pre-work out or in the morning helps boost GH levels by 200-400% and studies have shown after 12 weeks GABA users had a significant increase in muscle mass versus placebo. Can also be used prior to bedtime to help you sleep better and theoretically produce more GH overnight. Personally use 3g 30-45 mins prior to workouts. Has a slightly scary effect that you get used to after a few uses. Makes it seem hard to breath for like 20-30 seconds as it kicks in but it really isn't, you just have to stay calm and breathe normally and you are fine. Once you get use to it the effect is actually kinda cool and completely harmless.

BCAAs - typically I use these on days when I am fasting to help give the body some amino acids to work with without taking in any calories. I use PerfectAmino and will take 2 scoops on these days.

Alpha Lipoic Acid(ALA)/Berberine/Cinnulin PF/ACV - Insulin sensitivity/blood sugar control. Typically take ALA and Berberine together in the morning and Cinnulin PF prior to dinner. Berberine by itself has been shown in studies to outperform the diabetes drug Metformin at reducing blood sugar levels and additionally helped reduce waist circumference. Berberine and ALA has been shown to be a potent combo as well and is highly effective in combination as they work synergistically via different pathways. Can substitute a teaspoon of cinnamon for Cinnulin PF, I just like using what is used in the studies. ACV is taken at night prior to bedtime - 1 TBSP in a glass of water to help stabilize blood sugar levels overnight.

TUDCA/N-Acetyl-Cysteine(NAC)/Milk Thistle/Dandelion Root/Coffee - all are very good for the liver...currently take NAC and drink coffee and dandelion root tea

Carlson Omega 3 Fish Oil - I take 2 tsp daily other than fast days. Provides 3200 mg of Omega 3 and is the best fish oil you can get. Great for cardiovascular health and keep blood cells "slippery". Keep refrigerated.

Not a fan of capsules(outside of the stuff for blood sugar), I use powders except for the fish oil that comes in a glass bottle.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I load up on antioxidants: grapefruit seed extract, elderberry, milk thistle, and also a antioxidant blend that has several others in it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Have you tried mhp supplement line?
I don't get into any of those supplement lines. I feel they are overpriced and under quality and most don't work. I buy direct single ingredients only, usually from Bulk Supplements. Vitamins/Minerals, etc from Swanson. BCAAs from Perfect Amino and Fish Oil from Amazon, but always Carlsson.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried LCLT, and didn't notice anything. Since you're not a fan of capsules outside of stuff for blood sugars, I don't know how you could take TUDCA in powder form. I have to take it in capsule form as the awful taste of it ruins anything I mix it into. I tried putting water in my mouth and the powder in and swallowing it like a shot, but it just globs up and gets stuck various areas of my mouth which is worse.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather get natural fish sources high in long-chain omega 3 fatty acids from Alaskan wild caught salmon and sardines.
sustainably pole and line caught Albacore wild tuna is packed with 800mg of epa and dha omega 3s as well and it’s delicious.
I try to eat 20-30 ounces of salmon and other types of fish a week. I feel agile eating fish.
My beard and hairline stays full.
Fish is the main meat I eat and I feel great.

also beef liver organs is nutrient dense packed with vitamins for a clean testosterone spike.
Beef liver should a weekly staple

the only supplements I religiously take is vitamin d3 and microzinc or zinc picolinate.
Vitamin B complex shots every 3-6 months when I feel burned out

When working out creatine hcl , BCAAs and some pure whey isolate protein if I’m in a rush.

Something about enjoying a cold protein shake with other sh1t thrown in it after a brutal working out is primal next to getting some azz. Its damn rewarding.

been wanting to try ashwagandha or shoden ashwagandha

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Rather get natural fish sources high in long-chain omega 3 fatty acids from Alaskan wild caught salmon and sardines.
sustainably pole and line caught Albacore wild tuna is packed with 800mg of epa and dha omega 3s as well and it’s delicious.
I try to eat 20-30 ounces of salmon and other types of fish a week. I feel agile eating fish.
My beard and hairline stays full.
Fish is the main meat I eat and I feel great.

also beef liver organs is nutrient dense packed with vitamins for a clean testosterone spike.
Beef liver should a weekly staple

the only supplements I religiously take is vitamin d3 and microzinc or zinc picolinate.
Vitamin B complex shots every 3-6 months when I feel burned out

When working out creatine hcl , BCAAs and some pure whey isolate protein if I’m in a rush.

Something about enjoying a cold protein shake with other sh1t thrown in it after a brutal working out is primal next to getting some azz. Its damn rewarding.

been wanting to try ashwagandha or shoden ashwagandha
Tuna is not safe for consumption more than once a week and I stay away from it entirely due to high levels of mercury. Mercury in fish bioaccumulates, meaning small fish take in some then the fish that eat them take in theirs plus their own and so on and so forth up the chain. Tuna is a massive fish and as such it picks up loads of mercury throughout it's lifetime and the levels of mercury found in tuna have become very high.

As someone who had to detox from low level chronic mercury poisoning in my early 30s I am not taking any risks with that, and I would advise you to be careful. Mercury poisoning is called the great imitator because it mimics so many other conditions and often gets diagnosed as something else and is hard to catch unless the healthcare providers specifically look for it. People think lead poisoning when they think heavy metals but mercury is 5 times as toxic as lead to the point where there is NO safe amount for the human body to ingest.

I do eat salmon once a week. I agree that in general it's better to get it from whole foods sources, I simply don't eat enough fish to get enough so I supplement it.

Cow liver is another one you need to be careful with unless you know for sure how it was raised. The larger the animal, the longer it lives and the more toxins accumulate in the body. As the liver is the main toxin clearing organ, if the cow was not raised in a clean environment, free range with pesticide free grass you are basically ingesting all those toxins yourself.

Calf liver would be a better choice as it is much younger and wouldn't have the chance to accumulate those pesticides in the same way.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuna is not safe for consumption more than once a week and I stay away from it entirely due to high levels of mercury. Mercury in fish bioaccumulates, meaning small fish take in some then the fish that eat them take in theirs plus their own and so on and so forth up the chain. Tuna is a massive fish and as such it picks up loads of mercury throughout it's lifetime and the levels of mercury found in tuna have become very high.
Mercury poisoning is exceptionally rare in the West and mercury poisoning from fish has largely been debunked. Mercury tends to bioaccumulate only if the diet is lacking in Selenium, of which many fish are good sources of. Nuts are a good source as well, especially Brazil nuts. It just so happens that a some of the high mercury fish such as Swordfish have a really fvcked up mercury / selenium ratio.

I eat a good amount of fish as well. I stick to Wild caught Salmon, Sardines, Herring, and the occasional Red Snapper. Mahi Mahi is ok too, found in restaurant fish tacos. I don’t care for Tilapia, Cod, Tuna, or Grouper. They need way too much flavoring to salvage.

Herring is my favorite. Fatty and delicious. I agree with @Giovanni SouthSide … never taken an omega 3 supplement. Also, Flaxseed and Chia seeds are good for ALA. Tasty and easy to mix in oatmeal.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take Lion's Mane mushroom for the cognitive protection/improvement. But it also has incidental health benefits for cholesterol and triglycerides. I do take them as capsules though because the taste isn't great.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about using probiotics---but I started taking them again on top of a bunch of others already mentioned.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about MHP i've met army rangers and current natural bodybuilders who take their supplement line and have nothing but positive things to say about it

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You can enhance your GH by 600-700% by simply fasting. 3g of GABA boosts it 200-400%.

Far cheaper and more effective that that.

Also as soon as I see anything using Magnesium Oxide, I automatically assume it's trash as that basically is worthless and is virtually non-usable by the body. Quality products do not use Magnesium Oxide...if they are going to skimp on something as cheap as magnesium, I can't trust the more expensove ingredients they use.

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can enhance your GH by 600-700% by simply fasting. 3g of GABA boosts it 200-400%.

Also as soon as I see anything using Magnesium Oxide, I automatically assume it's trash as that basically is worthless and is virtually non-usable by the body. Quality products do not use Magnesium Oxide...if they are going to skimp on something as cheap as magnesium, I can't trust the more expensove ingredients they use.
Yeah i've heard that do you shop at vitamin shoppe at all?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

have you tried it?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
have you tried it?
If I was going to spend $60, I'd spend it on something that actually has lots of studies and research done on it. Not something using Mag Oxide.

Sarm MK-677