"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Worst rejection

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
371
Reaction score
1
I have experienced my worst rejection ever, and I'm laughing my head off.

I see this crazy fine girl around A LOT, but never say anything to her. To talk to her is always out of my way, so I just don't care too much. She is in a class of mine and one day I decided I would say something. She comes up the aisle towards me and when she gets near enough and makes eye contact with me I say, "Whats up" in a nice calm tone.
She gets wide eyed and looks as if I've just introduced her to running water. I can immediately tell she's nervous as she can be and says, "Uh, yeah," and walks on up the aisle.
At first I felt like pure crap but then I just started laughing, and I know she heard it :) lol

Thats not really even a rejection, I think I just made her nervous cause she smiles at me now :)

Ahh geez

If the rest of ya have stories please share.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I'm quite fortunate in that whenever I ask for numbers or dates, I never get rejected (probably because I read signs first). In my AFC days women would always agree to go out with me, but would dump me or flake out further down the line.

But I remember 2 particularly hurtful rejections in my teens. There was a girl who had a crush on me for years and we'd been making out on and off for a few months. Anyway, I asked her if she wanted to make it official and be my girlfriend. She said she'd let me know...Later that day, one of her friends came upto me and said "Rachel said no. She thinks you're a dog!"

I swear it hurt me so much. I have no idea why (or if) she said it though because a week later we were making out again and got together.

Then another time a girl I know sent her friend to ask me out. I said yes and went to speak to the girl. As soon as I approached her, she whispered something to her friend who turned to me and said "She's changed her mind. Sorry".
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
Two worst rejections was between a two week period...

I was at the bar one night, having a migraine, and this girl came up and brought me to dance... she was pug fugly, but I was so chump that I didn't care. One way or the other, we ended up going on two dates, but then I shot down the next time I asked...

I was completely overwhelmed... how a girl that ugly could possibly shoot ME DOWN!!! I'm much better then that, but I'm not getting my share... GAAAA !!!! :mad:

Life continued, the following weekend after the rejection, I was at a friends house party. I went out for a smoke, when I came back there was the most beautiful girl that I've ever seen, sitting with a friend of hers.

I go up to introduce myself, and in reaching for her hand I spill her beer all over her... I think, "There goes any shot I had." And continue downstairs to the party.

Later, I go up, and she's sitting on the couch, we have an GREAT discussion, good rapport and everything... then she left, but not before giving hints that she wanted me to ask for her number. And I didn't catch on before she was OUT THE DOOR!!!

Complete and utter devastation... my 'rock bottom' so to speak. That gave me the will to learn what I was doing wrong, and to do what it takes to make it happen.
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
keep them coming :D

It's all a numbers game.
 

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
Originally posted by Dirtheart
Then another time a girl I know sent her friend to ask me out. I said yes and went to speak to the girl. As soon as I approached her, she whispered something to her friend who turned to me and said "She's changed her mind. Sorry".
Haha, that's gotta be the funniest thing I've read all day. How old is she? 11? 12?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top