Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Worst excuse for flaking ever????

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually found a girl I thought I could have a good convo with. Get her number, we start talking, ask her out, she says of course :).

Message the next arvo telling her I'll pick her up at 8 and we'll go into the city, she messages me back 2 hours later saying, hey I'm gonna cancel, my uncle sorta passed away last night.

My firsts reaction was that she flaked. No girl would say 'my uncle kinda passed away.' But I thought i'd message telling her its cool, hope shes feeling alrite and offering my condolences.

Message her on Friday, asking how she is? No response.

I reckon I was right the first time when I thought she used it as an excuse.

Im not angry or depressed, Im just more shocked a girl would go to that length. Sorta sad, how messed up women are nowdays.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, believe it.

My ex last year told me a few hours before my birthday celebration that she couldn't make it because her brother's Father in law was having emergency surgery and someone had to look after his kids, but that she was going to "try her best" to get out of having to babysit and attend. She sent me a self-serving text near midnight that she was still waiting on her mom (I think) to show up and relieve her of babysitting duties, but that she hoped I was having an amazing time with amazing friends and family on a memorable night blah blah stream of bullsh*t. Funny how she took me out for a beer the night before, as if to absolve her in advance of what (I'm suspect) she had planned all along - to flake on me. And yes, I wound up getting into a LTR relationship with this girl despite everyone telling me that if she didn't counter offer (which she did, but never followed through) it was high time to kick her to the curb, which I didn't do and now I'm here trying to tie up all my AFC loose ends. I asked for it!

That there was my own personal experience that yes, you will get fed some serious BS on occasion and the best you can do is make sure you don't stand in line to get a second serving sent in your direction.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One time, my sister and her friend were talking in the living room. My dad and I were watching a game when her phone rang. She picked it up and it was a guy from her class asking her out. She lied and said that her coworker just passed away yesterday and she's with their family.

Which was a terrible lie considering she doesn't work. My dad made her call him back and tell him she was lying and would like to go out with him. Guess what? She ended up liking him and now they're going out. Smh.

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
old_skoolr said:
Actually found a girl I thought I could have a good convo with. Get her number, we start talking, ask her out, she says of course :).

Message the next arvo telling her I'll pick her up at 8 and we'll go into the city, she messages me back 2 hours later saying, hey I'm gonna cancel, my uncle sorta passed away last night.
Are you that naive or desperate?
Some guys sorta deserve to deal with garbage...

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Complete bulls**t excuse.

I would delete her entirely. Accept that you have failed with this girl and move on.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth_as_silk said:
Are you that naive or desperate?
Some guys sorta deserve to deal with garbage...
The dude is just sharing his experience, no need to be hostile. Could happen to anyone. He knows its BS.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol cheers for sharing your expierience dudes.

Yeh I was more shocked that she'd say something like that. I thought I heard it all till then. I deleted her number of course, no point keeping it, deleted her as a friend off fb too, no guy should put up with that s.hit.

Serenity

Reaction score
Hahaha, "sorta". That cracked me up. Anyways, it doesn't matter. If it's an excuse you're done, and if it's legit she wouldn't be in a dating mood anyways.

Thundernuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a girl flake on me because she said she had to go to get open heart surgery lol