Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

World War 2, people would marry the day they meet?

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
I saw the death of Stan Lee's wife today and the retold his "how we met" story that basically he was 1. Set up on a lunch date, 2. Went to pick up date 3. Saw her was smitten and accidentally said "I love you!" 4. Proposed to her ON their lunch date

Today if you did that, you'd get pepper spray or your lunch date would disappear before you would blink.

But often times, most WW II era stories, you'd here how they'd just pointed at the "most prettiest girl in the room", said, "I'm going to marry that girl!" and they did just that.

Basically, men were the biggest betas in the WW 2 era by wearing their hearts on their sleeves like they did.

Stan Lee wasn't even a soldier.

Today, that would be considered socially inept.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Remember: in the old days people had to get married in order to have sex basically. So the nostalgia of "we got married" really translates today to "we did it".

Chev.Chelios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tons of sex happened in those days, baby boom era for a reason. Guys came back from the war pissed as living chit and just had to get a nut ffs.. or 10..

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
LOL wow great trolling 10/10

Reaction score
World War II guys were betas?

I thought I'd heard it all.

I suppose they're not as macho as the guys wearing skinny jeans and earrings today? Or the gym rats who have unnecessarily large muscles for their actual lives? Or the creepy photographers who go after strippers half their age? Or the drug dealers from the ghetto? Or the military "men" of today who fight over the computer?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, men were the biggest betas in the WW 2 era by wearing their hearts on their sleeves like they did.
World War II took place from 1939-1945. Women were still not allowed to vote in many countries. They were still very submissive and feminine while the men were still very dominant and masculine. No matter who a man married, he'd still get a good deal out of it because she was raised to cook and clean for a hard working man.

Back then, you could marry a hot woman and the chance of her fvcking off with another dude was extremely low. Nowadays, you have to filter out all the broads who have a plethora of orbiters.

Reaction score
World War II took place from 1939-1945. Women were still not allowed to vote in many countries. They were still very submissive and feminine while the men were still very dominant and masculine. No matter who a man married, he'd still get a good deal out of it because she was raised to cook and clean for a hard working man.

Back then, you could marry a hot woman and the chance of her fvcking off with another dude was extremely low. Nowadays, you have to filter out all the broads who have a plethora of orbiters.
Back then, you could be a plumber and marry a virgin beauty queen. Now, the world is full of who. Res.

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah...Stan Lees said he had some competition of really BIG, masculine looking guys, too. But she chose him regardless.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls have always been the same. I found out my great grandad impregnated a lot of women in his time lol so that means there's a lot of families with Cuck grandads. Quit the nostalgia bullshvt

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was what happened with Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England patriots too. It is what happened with Billy Crystal (he talks about it in his one man Broadway show about his own life).

I don't see it as beta at all. I see it as utterly and apologetically alpha. Think about it. In WWII particularly, you had men who had their buddies killed before their eyes. Boom, your pal is gone, game over. And you gotta get on with it or its your ass too. These were men who, as a group deeply understood that life is NOW and that anyone can be gone tomorrow.

These men came home, having seen the contemporaneous nature of life up close and personal, took that perspective, and acted accordingly. The simply stated what they wanted. They made a decision and they led.

Men do still exist who make a decision and lead, but it is relatively rare these days. There has been no enormous sort of crisis in the Western world to reinforce the temporary nature of life, and the need for personal leadership and decision. I think if you go to war torn places in the world today you will absolutely find this sort of phenomena. Raw knowledge of the perilous nature of life creates urgency and decision making. Under such circumstances there isn't the luxury of endless choice and messing around.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There has been no enormous sort of crisis in the Western world to reinforce the temporary nature of life, and the need for personal leadership and decision.

Shut up! Which means a lot of you have been breakin' the first two rules of Fight Club. Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. Goddammit, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man; no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't; and we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Reaction score

Shut up! Which means a lot of you have been breakin' the first two rules of Fight Club. Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. Goddammit, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man; no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't; and we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
And it's sad that we quote a movie.

In fact, Western Civilization is crumbling before our eyes and no one is there to stop it because we're busy watching television and movies.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just back in the days "female and man" understood the concept of "duty" and "work"

Also, BeExcellent said it: "world crisis were common"

So how would you live in the western world knowing:

1) Europe and America is 100millions TOTAL
2) there was no ffridge, no AC, bare electricity
3) if anything in the house broke you were likely too broke to buy à New one or hire help (so you had to repair it manually.. which 99% of modern guys cant do)
4) Toilet paper wasnt mainstream in Europe until the1980
5) Average lifespan was 60years old... if you didnt die in/from

WorldWar1 (20 millions)
Spanish Influenza (50 millions targeting middle aged healthy people
GreatDepression (10 years of economic crisis, megainflation, unemplyment skyhigh)
WorldWar2 (55millions death directly, fall of Europe Empire etc... took à war to solve the great depression)..... all that in 30 years

Than babyboomer... korean war,vietnan war, 70-80 crisis etc...

So how would you feel living in that.... also no tv, no cellphone, no internet, no contraception in pills form etc...

Back in the day, life was goingto impose itself on you eventually.. now not so much. Note: The husband with 1 salary provided for his wife and 5kids

But the basis remain: Control her émotions, have a strong frame, keep improving

PS: Being a provider was Alpha back in the days

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In fact, Western Civilization is crumbling before our eyes and no one is there to stop it because we're busy watching television and movies.
I think we'd be in much better shape if people had attention spans long enough to sit through a movie, or even an actual book.

Most people get nervous when their twitter feed gets too crowded.

They see more than a couple hundred words and think, "Wall of text..."

Like actually reading, thinking, and responding would be much to difficult for their fragile little minds.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They had TONS of other stuff they did that nowadays you couldn't get away with. I talked with my grandpa a little bit and by oh boy did they do some crazy ****. They were anything BUT beta lmao.

You're trying seriously hard to invoke a certain way of thinking here, that of the OPPOSITE of what we preach. Why? Why are you here? What is your purpose? Why don't you state that you're a woman too? And what do you GAIN from all of this? Answer me these questions @ThisNThat and maybe I won't be so harsh as to all of your posts.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
These were the days before communism, left-wing politics, political correctness and its agenda had a stronghold in America.