Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout Journal: Skilla Staz

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday: October 2nd, 2006

Workout:
Bench Press 3RM
Incline DB Press 3x8
Dips 1x10
DB Overhead Extensions 3x8
Skull Crushers 3x8
Pushups 1x5

Summary:

Bench Press: My bench press ended up hitting about 6 total sets, the first three I'd consider "warm-ups" due to their ease. The last three sets (145x3, 155x3, 165x3) started to get difficult. On my final set, I really had to push to get that final rep out. For a second there I didn't think I'd get it. 165 matches my PR. I've never really been much of a bencher. I preferr the squats and deadlifts.
Incline DB Press: My 3 sets (30'sx8, 40'sx8, 45'sx8) were much like the bench. My goal is to add weight each set, increasing the difficulty with each.
Dips: On this single set of dips, my wrist injury really took its toll. However, I had to grin and bear it, seeing as how I'm sure it's nothing more than pain. I dealt with it on my bench, and I was going to deal with it again.
Skull-Crushers: Assuming the bar weighed 15lbs, my sets came out to be 120x8, 130x8, 135x8. On that last set, my elbows began to flare out, and it took quite a bit of effort to keep them in. My triceps didn't really FEEL like they were going, but I could definitely tell they were giving out.
Pushups:I only could muster out 5 reps of close grip pushups. I guess my workout was more effective than I thought so.​

So here I am, 4 hours later, and I must say, my chest/triceps are shot. Pushing off anything, adjusting my shorts, etc. is relatively difficult right now. My workout was quicker than I wanted, due to time constraints, so it was completed in about 45 minutes. Generally I'll take closer to an hour to get my workouts finished.

Diet: This was a huge problem for me today. Nothing at home, and no cash on me, I ate breakfast (bowl of cereal) and due to my mother being intent on house shopping, I had to settle for taco bell after my workout. Less than ideal, I know. This is DEFINITELY something I need to work on.​

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some beginning pictures so that I can track my progress visually.

I'm aware of the fact that my hair is f*cked up (just woke up), and I needed to shave. I've since cut my hair and shaved, so it's all good in the hood.

You can definitely see in the two flexed pictures that my right arm is quite a bit larger and more muscular than my left, even though I'm left handed. I'm going to attribute this to the fact that I always flex, carry stuff and favor that arm when I lift. I'm going to focus on bringing my left arm up to par with my right, for both asthetic and performance reasons.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday: October 4th, 2006

Workout:
Deadlift 3RM
Pulldowns 3x8
Hammer Curls 2x8
Bent Over Barbell Rows 3x8
Rear Shoulder Raises 3x8
Shoulder Raises 3x8
Dumbell Shrugs 3x10

Summary:

Deadlifts: On these, I ended up hitting higher numbers than I thought I would. My final three sets (295x3, 315x3, 335x3) were pretty tough, and I really had to focus on keeping my form. My lower back didn't round, which used to be a big problem for me during the initial pull.
Pulldowns: I had scheduled three sets of eight reps, which I completed with my palms facing myself and a narrow grip (125x8, 125x8, 130x8). I really ended up feeling this in the biceps, and I added one more set, with my palms facing away (125x6). This time with a slightly wider than shoulder width grip.
Hammer Curls: Simple. Kept my body stationary, elbows by my side and pumped out some hammer curls. (15x8, 20x8, 25x8)
Bent Over Rows: 65x8, 75x8, 85x8. Made sure to keep my form. I feel I should've gone heavier.
Rear Shoulder Raises: 5x8, 10x8, 15x8
Shoulder Raises: 5x8, 10x8, 15x8. I feel my shoulders are relatively weak, especially the rear delt. I still have some lingering effects from my shoulder seperation a month and a half ago, but it didn't really affect the weight.
Dumbell Shrugs: I'm really looking to get some big traps, and I added some shrugs in there (25x10, 30x10, 35x10, 45x10)

Diet:

Again, I didn't have much to eat. Same story. This is really beginning to frustrate me.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday: October 6th, 2006

Workout:

Squats 3RM
Leg Press 1x8
Glute/Ham Raises 3x6
Straight Legged Deadlifts 3x8
Calf Raises 3x12

Summary:

Squats: I didn't end up totalling as much as I had anticipated. One my final three sets (230x3,245x3,265x3) I kept getting higher and higher above parallel. After my final set I decided I would lower the weight and do another set or two, going as low as I could. I ended up going so low on those sets that my boxers now have a nice tear along the seam in my ass.:up: In the future I expect my numbers to be lower at first, due to the fact that I'm going to attempt to go a little below parallel.
Leg Press: I just tossed in one set. I feel I should have done more, but I'll do that next week. (4plates each side)
Glute Ham Raises: One set done with bodyweight, one set done with a chain around my neck and the last set done with bodyweight. The thing kept popping off the ground, which is a feeling I love. Let's me know I'm getting a lot of explosion.
Straight Legged Deadlifts: All sets were at 205x8. It was tough to keep my back from rounding while I was doing them.
Calf Raises: I'm going to assume that the machine (something similar to this) weighs 0lbs and say that my sets were at 180x12, 190x12 and 200x12. My calves were screaming at the end.​

Diet:​
I don't even remember what I ate, but I can put money on the fact that it wasn't much. I need to go out and buy some food damn*t.[/B]​

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to post my beginning stats as of September 30th, once a month, along with the photo updates, I will weigh myself and take measurements. I'm going to do this ONLY once a month.

Stats as of September 30th
Right Bi: 13.25" Left Bi: 12.75"
Right Forearm: 10.75" Left Forearm: 10.75"
Neck: 16"
Chest: 38"
Waist: 30.5"
Right Thigh: 20.5" Left Thigh: 20.5"
Right Calf: 13.75" Left Calf: 13.5"
Weight: 150
Height: 5'8.5"
Bench: 165lbs Squat: 245lbs Deadlift: 335lbs

Goals for January 30th
Biceps Flexed: 14"
Forearms: 11.25
Neck: 16.25
Chest: 40"
Waist: 30"
Thighs: 22"
Calves: 14.5"
Weight: 165-170ls
Height: 5'8.75"
Bench: 215lbs Squat: 345lbs Deadlift: 400lbs​

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday: October 2nd, 2006

Workout:
Bench Press 3RM
Incline DB Press 3x8
Dips 3x8
Skull Crushers 3x8

Summary:

Bench Press: I guess I lied last week when I said I hit 165, apparently it was 155. THIS week however, I hit 165.
Incline DB Press: Wrists were hurting again, but I did basically the same weight as last week. I need to bump that up.
Dips: 3 sets, simple. Nothing really all that special.
Skull-Crushers: I was feeling tired, so I just put some weight on the bar. I don't even remember what it was.​

After my skull crushers I busted out a set of 10 bench presses, with the same bar, and my hands touching. It was a "super close grip" bench press lol

Diet: You know the drill...​

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick update.

I missed the Dead/Squat workouts last week due to school being let out.
This week, workouts have been short

Bench on Tuesday (No school monday) got up to 170x3
Deadlift Today (345x3 last set)

BudLight85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice numbers man. Those look like some solid goals. Only thing is the squal goal is a taddd iffy. 245lbs to 345lbs, a 100lb increase from September to January? Thats gonna be challenging man. If you do it god bless ya, and I hope ya do. It just seemed a little unreasonable for that short amount of time. But good luck with the goals, hope you achieve them. Keep up the solid work!

Jay

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last year, from First week of Dec. to Jan 25th, I went from 275 to 340. So, I go up about 10lbs each week on my squat. Thats why I'm hoping to hit 345 before track season.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday: October 26th, 2006

Workout:
Deadlift 3RM
Pulldowns 3x8
Hammer Curls 2x8
Dumbell Shrugs 3x8​
Summary:

Deadlifts: My lifts are climbing as I thought they would. I even recruited a couple friends to get in there. Something about helping them get the form, and watching their weights climb seems...rewarding to me. Anyways, hit 355x3 today. Almost to my 363 PR, which I should top (365) next week if things continue like this.
Bent Over Rows: 55x8, 75x8, 85x8. Form was good, felt I should've gone heavier though, maybe 95 or possibly 100ish.
Pullups: After the first set, as I was walking over to get a drink, someody jacked my pullup bar, so I went to the pull DOWN station instead. Only did 2 sets with body weight (palms facing eachother). Nothing special.
Hammer Curls: Simple. (20x8, 25x8)
Dumbell Shrugs: I'm really looking to get some big traps, and I added some shrugs in there (35x8, 45x8, 55x8)

Diet:

I ate a few things here and there, but I need to go shopping and get some food to bring to school. Had a few red bulls, pop, chips, muffins, etc throughout the day. Need more sleep too.​

Last edited:

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday: October 27th, 2006​

Workout:

Squats 3RM
Leg Press 3x8
Glute/Ham Raises 2x8
Calf Raises 3x12
Weighted Crunches (On Glute/Ham Machine) 3x8
Summary:

Squats: My numbers jumped after a week or two of not squatting. Final set pumped out 275x3, and went to, if not below parallel, which seemed to be a problem a few weeks ago with only 265. My knees were feeling a HELL of a lot better as well.
Leg Press: Three sets, 315,365,405.
Glute Ham Raises: Two sets done on the glute/ham raise "machine" and one set of body drops. On the drops I got my nose to the ground, and back up without dropping.
Calf Raises: 3 sets. 12 reps. 225,275,315.
Abs: Bodyweight, 10lbs, 25lbs.

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From your pics your back and tri's are comin well. Good Job. Nice work out routine.

Hit your chest more though.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, my back and arms have always been like that. I've been actually working out for maybe a month or so, looking to add some overall size.

By "hit your chest more" do you mean add another chest oriented exercise, or just develop it more?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do believe so lol. Even during my leaner stages, such as track/football season, I've still got a tad bit of love handles.

Hopefully as I put on more muscle, and lose some bodyfat, those will dissappear. I'm hoping all the sprinting in track season will help we with that.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday: October 30th, 2006

Workout:
Bench Press 3RM
Incline DB Press 3x8
Dips 3x8
DB Overhead Extensions 3x8
Pushups 3xFAIL
Summary:

Bench Press: Bench topped out at 185, but like my thread suggests, my form wasn't all that hot. I'm going to drop back to 175, or maybe stick at 185 next week, and try to keep my ass on the damn bench.

Incline DB Press: (40'sx8, 50'sx8, 55'sx8)
Dips: First two sets were bodyweight, 3rd set put on a chain (I'm guessing 15-25lbs)

DB Extensions: If I can remember correctly, 35'sx8, 45'sx8 and 55'sx8

Pushups:This ended up being a competition. 5 minutes rest between sets. First set, Diamond pushups. Last person still pumping wins. I seemed to be the only person putting my nose to the ground, so I was out somewhere in the middle. 2nd set was wide hand placement. Same story. 3rd set was regular placement. I was out relatively quickly.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday: November 1st, 2006

Workout:
Deadlift 3RM
Pulldowns 3x8
Hammer Curls 2x8
Dumbell Shrugs 3x8
Summary:

Deadlifts: I was pissed. Last week put up 355x3 with little struggle. This week, 365 came very difficult for me. I only put up one rep on that. I wasn't happy. Next week I'm going for it again, and damnit, its going to come up.

Bent Over Rows: 75x8, 95x8, 115x8. Still could use a little more weight.

Pullups: Palms facing me. 1st set BW, other two sets with 125 on the pull down.

Hammer Curls: Simple. (20x8, 25x8, 30x8)

Barbell Curl: 75x4

Shoulder Raises (Rear, Lateral, Forward) 10's 15's and 20's on each set. 3x8 for those.

Dumbell Shrugs: I'm really looking to get some big traps, and I added some shrugs in there (45x8, 55x8, 60x8)

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Damn dude I don't know if u wanna get bigger and stronger at the same time or not cuz IMO your doing too many exercises each workout. Doing 1 core lift like (Deadlift, Squat and Bench) then adding 3 exercises is enough or you won't recover well.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Each week I've been going up and have been feeling fresh. I only have about 4 exercises, two targeted for chest and the rest mainly for triceps

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday: October 27th, 2006

Workout:

Squats 3RM
Leg Press 3x8
Calf Raises 3x12
Summary:

Squats: Squat topped out at 290x3. I felt like I went to or below parallel on those reps.
Leg Press: Three sets - Assuming the machine weighs nothing, 360, 410, 450
Calf Raises: 3 sets. 12 reps. Assuming machine weighs nothing, 180, 230, 270

I skipped Glute/Ham raises and Abs, due to a large amount of soreness.​