"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Working on this athletic acquaintance

Murph

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
CA
This girl is an athlete at my school. She's uniquely beautiful, imo. Anyway, we're merely acquaintances, just "hello, how are ya? how was your summer?". But I asked her if I could do an interview with her for one of my journalism classes.

So she asked if I wanted her number ... obviously I said yes.

I figure I'll do the interview. Then later just ask if she wants to get coffee or something, continue building rapport, and then ask her to dinner when it's right.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or anything more I should do? It's almost too early for complimenting ... I'm not quite sure about conveying attraction in this case.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Murph

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
CA
EDIT: Nevermind.
 
Last edited:

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
There doesn't seem to be naything wrong. She agreed to the interview and SHE OFFERED her number. Just be cool and go for it.
 

Murph

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
CA
An update:

My editor for this thing said I can't do it because it doesn't relate to the internet.

( onlinejournalism.com if you're interested)

Good news is I still have her number. But I don't want to make it look like I lied just to get her digits. I figure I should have two separate convo's; one to tell her no interview and one to ask her to get coffee.

Or should I flat-out tell her literally that "I don't want you to think I was bs-ing you to get your number but ... coffee?".
 

Recluce

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
Age
43
there's no need to lie. just tell her the truth. you didn't know the interview had to be something on the internet, but you still think she is interesting and would like to get together some time for a cup of coffee and some stimulating conversation.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
She was the one who offered her digits so it doesn't matter.
 
Top