"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Working at Mcdonalds

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
I got myself a job at McDonalds the other day. I got for the extra money and to put myself out in a public place. My job is cashier and its ok. Im getting used to being out of public and not being bashful. Anyone have any tips for me in getting along with co-workers? And also, how could I start convos with customers? I hope this job help me out socially.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

ego

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
I thought McDonalds had this policy about not allow pickup-lines from employees. :D

If you go to McDonalds you could, however, ask the employees for their numbers when they finish your order by asking "Anything else...?"

"- Uhm, yes. your phone number please."

I did this once with a friend, and the cashier-girl goes;

"Ooh... that's gonna cost ya!".

I replied:

"If i could afford anything more than this McDonalds Meal i wouldn't be eating here." (walked away)

:]
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
Originally posted by ego
I thought McDonalds had this policy about not allow pickup-lines from employees. :D

If you go to McDonalds you could, however, ask the employees for their numbers when they finish your order by asking "Anything else...?"

"- Uhm, yes. your phone number please."

I did this once with a friend, and the cashier-girl goes;

"Ooh... that's gonna cost ya!".

I replied:

"If i could afford anything more than this McDonalds Meal i wouldn't be eating here." (walked away)

:]
if you read carefully he was saying hes got a job at mucdonalds. and you mentioning saying this when they ask anything else reminded me that this should be posted in the naytihng else forum not discussion forum.
 

ego

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
"if you read carefully he was saying hes got a job at mucdonalds. and you mentioning saying this when they ask anything else reminded me that this should be posted in the naytihng else forum not discussion forum."

Yupp. I also know I brought the whole question a bit off-topic when posting my story - But some good advice never hurts, does it? :)
 

urbanwhite

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Lansing, MI
McDonald's is a good way to make extra cash. I used to work at one through my last two years of high school. My advice with relating to co-workers is to be yourself. Let friendships happen naturally and don't force people to like you. Don't date any other employees unless either of you plan to leave the restaurant. With customers ALWAYS remain professional.

Another good idea is to volunteer or participate in activities and events that will surround yourself with friendly people, especially women. Think about being a Big Brother or volunteer to help set up a marathon. Participate in fund-raisers that support breast-cancer awareness and prevention or any other cause. Finish college. Building a life for yourself will make you a well rounded person that people will notice and want to meet.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Dude your 19 wtf u doin at mcdonalds?
 

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
Julian, what the hell you talking about!? What do age have to do with working in McDonalds?
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
working at mcdonalds is like working anywhere else. coworker relationships and whatnot. u got your superviser, and your coworkers and clients (customers). Just stick professional during working ours. dont force anything onto them. just treat them as an acquantance.

ur 19 and working at mcdonalds...I hope you plan on finding another job after that soon. If anything for learning ppl skills, i'd say working in a clothing store as a sale associate would be best.
 
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
As a former Manager at McDonalds I have to advise you of the 3-second rule
they may not have taught you in training...
If you drop any food on the floor and its on the floor for more than 3 seconds then its no good! :D :D
 

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
this is just a part-time job till I go to Air Force BMT. Not taking any college classes next semester so I need somthing do.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top