Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workin out shoulders

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup yall, im trying to get my shoulders more broad/bigger....what can i do besides benching?

will push ups help?

thanx

pz!

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bench press is for chest.. lol
shoulders....... try military press... uhh... go to exrx.net it has a bunch of exercises there... also work on ur lats.. it makes ur arms stand out more(if u see what im saying.. so i guess itd make ur shoulders appear wider.

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do pushups with your arms far apart. This will widen your shoulders, gradually.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having broad shoulders means having a wider frame and larger rib cage too guys, that's what he's talking about. Heavy barbench and dumbell pullovers should do the trick.

Orange

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do pushups with your arms far apart. This will widen your shoulders, gradually.
So are you suggesting that wide-grip excercises should also help (obviously those that target the shoulders) more so than medium grip?

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, pushups?

Seriously!

I do 4 exercises - but do not know how you call them in English...so I'll quickly describe them as best I can...

1. Standing up - pick up a barbell. Lift it up, over your head and lower it so that it rests behind your head. Now lift. Lower down. Repeat. 3 sets. (It's like the "pull down" - except that is for the back)... this is "pushed up".

2. Barbell with a better grip (you know the zig-zaggy handle lol, that's the best way I can describe it.) Standing up, lift it up as high as you can, preferably to the upper chest level. Keep a wide grip. As you lift, you have to move your elbows up in a kind of "V shape in order to lift the weight higher. Repeat - 3 sets.

3. Dumbells. standing up, with the dumbells in each hand, stretch your arms out (imagine Jesus on the cross). Lower your arms down by your side. Repeat. 3 sets. Be careful doing this. You need room. And good form.

4. To finish off, I use the machine that is like the pec dec, except the other way around...so you have to pull back. It's used as a back exercise, but is also good to finish up your shoulders to widen them a little.

Anyone know the names for these??

Also good form is required, ask your gym instructor for help executing the exercises.

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
best way is to do Dand or Hindu Pushups or Cat stretch....
it works out ur shoulders/ traps upper back and chest in just one excercise... No equipment needed ...
WhoAmI

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone who lifts and hasn't dropped the twenty bucks for the Arnie bible needs to do so immediately. You'll never ask what exercise to do for what as long as you live.