Votes: 10 55.6%
  • no .

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi i have question? if you meet a charming , good looking, nice, down to earth kinda girl... and you think that you ll have a great LTR with her... but then soon you find out that her past is not very pleasent... it could be.. she was on drugs, or was heavy drinker... had slept with tons of guys etc.... would it stop you from dating her?

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So long as she is clean now I don't care.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can look at it two ways:

Some guys think you should leave the past in the past and not really worry about it

However,

I tend to believe that history repeats itself and you should AT LEAST look into a girl's past and consider it.

For instance, if you found out that your new GF has cheated on every single guy she's gone out with in her past, would you say "I don't care about her past, I live in the present!" or would it make you stand back and think?

Anaconda

Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't repeat itself or interfere with the present / the future or indirectly affect you in a harmful way (your health ;)).

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course every situation is different, the one you mention is actually acceptable to me. Most women don't just end relationships without a backup. They end them when someone they like better comes along so of course they are going to cheat.

If they cheated casually on every boyfriend they have ever had than that is a different story.

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by italostud

I tend to believe that history repeats itself and you should AT LEAST look into a girl's past and consider it.
From experience, believe me, history almost always repeats itself. Although people can change their image and who they think they are real easily; changing themselves usually is a long and arduous process.

In other words, people hardly change, their true character tends to always rear itself in the end. Always remember to keep your guard up or a slightly weary eye... at least for a while. Sometimes it takes days, sometimes months, sometimes even years... Don't believe everything she claims and says so easily... even though it may sound good and reassuring. ~Zappa

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
History comes back to bite you. I learned that the hard way.

But hey, your call.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally, people tend to have certain philosophical mindsets towards life, and unless they suddenly go into some sort of brainwashing program or conversion to Buddhism, they will keep that mindset.

For example, a crook who robs the bank to buy himself a brand new car or indulges in his robbery has the mindset. Maybe he got caught and can't do it again, or maybe he hasn't found another good bank. But he WILL do it again if given the opportunity.

Similiarly I find women who've cheated deliberately on their boyfriend will do it again given the circumstances.

Focus on the intent, not the actions.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
acctualy my queston tends more towards her past such as not exactly cheating on her bf but having an unpleasent past... it doesnt neceserly has to be cheating it could be drug addiction... sleeping with lot of guys etc...

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude...if you think you can do better...

get out there and do better

otherwise be cautious...and go by instinct whether you want to keep this girl..

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey this question is not related to my situation... i was just wondering what people think... thats all

PEACE !!

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My own past would influence my decision too