Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women who say they want guys to show emotions

Tdawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this always a trap?

Some women outwardly demand this for some reason

But I don't really have any "emotions" to show

And the redpill in me tells me she will be turned off immediately if I did

So what's the crack?
What women say they want vs. what they really desire is two totally different things.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a woman says this she means she wants to see the man express emotions she's comfortable with and that are validating to her. Since most male emotions don't strictly adhere to this formula they are repressed to avoid conflict. So you can bet your sweet ass this request is a trap because the typical female has no frigging clue about the emotions the usual male keeps entirely to themselves, nor would they care to.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe it’s emotions as in... a man opening up in what challenges and successes he’s experiencing.
Women want to join a man on his ride in life. Vicariously indulging his experience; like a movie.
They look to men for exhilaration, joy, abundant love. If a man never talks about his ambitions, obstacles, and ideas about life, she feels like she is cut off from an intimate part of him. His emotions towards the world and self.
She wants to experience emotions through us.

They don’t want us to become wet blankets of emotions that she has to deal with. Crying at her feet saying how much she means to us. There’s a difference.
This is why women love men who are passionate about their life, who have zest.. they want to be around those emotions which are in a man.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe it’s emotions as in... a man opening up in what challenges and successes he’s experiencing.
Women want to join a man on his ride in life. They look to men for exhilaration, joy, abundant love. If a man never talks about his ambitions, obstacles, and ideas about life, she feels like she is cut off from an intimate part of him.
She wants to experience emotions through us.

They don’t ant us to become wet blankets of emotions that she has to deal with. There’s a difference. This is why women love men who are passionate about their life.. they want to be around those emotions.
I guess I just keep my dreams and desires to myself. No ones going to accomplish them for me, but me. She can share in it, true, but she will also be the first to laugh at you if you fail.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who complain about men not showing emotion... Let's just leave it at that. They're complaining, it's what women do.

She pretty much went off on me, told me I was a negative Nelly and needed to be more appreciative of the good things I have in my life. Told me my life is it all that bad and that I needed to handle my problems better. A long ass chewing basically. She had never done this quite like this before.

Translation: I expose myself to her at a vulnerable moment and she attacked me like a hyena attacking a wounded Buffalo. Never again brothers. Never again.
Good stuff right there.

Men are meant to be stoic. A rock that will weather all her emotional storms, and all the storms that attempt to break him down too. Your woman did you a favor (rare) and served you a notice on how to be a man and that she's not going to put up with that much longer. If you're just starting to date a woman, this is the kind of attitude that will get you ghosted.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I just keep my dreams and desires to myself. No ones going to accomplish them for me, but me. She can share in it, true, but she will also be the first to laugh at you if you fail.
How can you fail a reasonable plan? You can be delayed. Why would you have a woman in your business who detracts from you?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this always a trap?

Some women outwardly demand this for some reason

But I don't really have any "emotions" to show

And the redpill in me tells me she will be turned off immediately if I did

So what's the crack?
2 problems here

woman demanding something, that alone should be ignored

the other is of course they want a men more emotional, how they will get kicks on you guys if you drop then and start to ignore they fat asses? they need you emotional over then

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY what we discuss in our secret meetings "let's tell them we want them to show emotions because once he shows emotions we know he's beneath us"

Lololololol

A man expressing emotions demonstrates to his partner that he's not afraid of being vulnerable around her and letting her in to see who he really is. This action of being vulnerable with your partner is supposed to bring you closer, and the information disclosed is supposed to be respected and taken to the vault.

Unfortunately there are so many broken and twisted people out there that, choosing to be vulnerable is usually a huge emotional risk that, when taken with the wrong person, results in your very personal feelings being used as a weapon, against you, in very ugly ways.
showing vulnerability is only a thing for others to explore, you never show weakness, the moment you do that is a moment someone will abuse it, you are strong and never weak, you do mistakes but are always ready to keep your head high and moving forward.

demanding a men be emotional is a way to force men to be more easily manipulated, stop trying to vomit what you saw in that romantic comedies hollywwod love to make, that never work

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think showing some emotions cant always be bad, unless its needy emotions.

You just got to own it, not be ashamed and handle it like its no big deal

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you fail a reasonable plan? You can be delayed. Why would you have a woman in your business who detracts from you?
That’s exactly why I keep my dreams an aspirations separate from my dating life. No one can motivate and encourage me better than me.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s never been a good idea in my experience. I did it in my younger years, stop doing it as I got more red pill. I re-tested the waters with my girlfriend about a month ago and here is what happened. My house is for sale and it’s been on the market for a while. One morning I was kind of down about the house talking to her on the phone on the way to work. I didn’t get all sappy or anything but I told her that I was really bummed out about the house not selling, and question whether it would ever sell or if I would be stuck with it the rest of my life. Mostly just venting to her really. Nothing too sappy.

What did she do ?

She pretty much went off on me, told me I was a negative Nelly and needed to be more appreciative of the good things I have in my life. Told me my life is it all that bad and that I needed to handle my problems better. A long ass chewing basically. She had never done this quite like this before.

Translation: I expose myself to her at a vulnerable moment and she attacked me like a hyena attacking a wounded Buffalo. Never again brothers. Never again.
She is not your therapist or your mommy. She is there to make you stronger, not coddle you.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s never been a good idea in my experience. I did it in my younger years, stop doing it as I got more red pill. I re-tested the waters with my girlfriend about a month ago and here is what happened. My house is for sale and it’s been on the market for a while. One morning I was kind of down about the house talking to her on the phone on the way to work. I didn’t get all sappy or anything but I told her that I was really bummed out about the house not selling, and question whether it would ever sell or if I would be stuck with it the rest of my life. Mostly just venting to her really. Nothing too sappy.

What did she do ?

If she’s never done it quite like that before, I imagine this isn’t the first time you opened up in a manner which may have been misconstrued as complaining or pouty. She could be extrapolating on your overall views when issues come up.

One can’t not open up in a relationship. That’s just silly be be a rock or an emotionaless being. It’s more about HOW one communicates what’s going on in their emotional space.

logicallefty

Reaction score
She is not your therapist or your mommy. She is there to make you stronger, not coddle you.
Yes I know. I made a mistake, which is why I shared it with the thread.

I have to add to your comment about therapist. Not so long ago this site made a pretty good therapist for a man. We could express things here and get genuine honest feedback from other men. Nowadays it just seems like the dynamic here has changed. People are already to pounce all over a guy for posting about his problems on here, just like my girlfriend did to me.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a slippery slope. I can see the point @sazc is making, but generally speaking, I think it's a bad idea, especially early on in a relationship maybe up to a year. I'm basing this on decades of dating and many women's reactions to things I've done, good and bad.

Certainly, NAWALT, but, let's say 80% are. I would say the women that do want and desire a more emotive man, are probably more masculine themselves and need someone to balance their dominant tendencies. Certainly you've seen the strong, alpha-confident woman with the quiet, demur man. I have on numerous occasions.

At the DNA/evolutionary level, women are attracted to strong, assertive, dominant, and confident men. This I think we can all agree on. Showing a lot or even moderate levels of vulnerability or emotion, well, I just can't see how it helps confirm in her mind you're not a wimp. I know there's a HUGE movement about toxic masculinity and the related behaviors today, but it's gone way off the rails in my opinion.

I think slowly, over time, if you're in a LTR you'll have opportunities to sprinkle in a modicum of vulnerability here and there. But use it like ultra hot Tabasco sauce, maybe a drop or two at a time.

With all due respect to the ladies on SS, one thing I have learned is that what a woman says she wants and what she actually desires at the genetic level are often two different things.

And BTW, even strong, tough Dash will probably cry like a baby when his beloved Doberman dies. So I do have a heart :).

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have to add to your comment about therapist. Not so long ago this site made a pretty good therapist for a man. We could express things here and get genuine honest feedback from other men. Nowadays it just seems like the dynamic here has changed. People are already to pounce all over a guy for posting about his problems on here, just like my girlfriend did to me.
more like tough love, remember I did say this before when someone was complaining about some guys telling what they felt here, I told then doing this sap thing here is preferable over doing so in real life, here you are free from most societal pressure and can vent, you should never do so to others, like I said you showed a hint of weakness, and she started to chew you on it.

curious enough I did remember a quote from a film I saw several years ago, about a captain telling his sailors he don't know waht to do, the old sailor after told him, he is the captain, he always know what to do, and if he don't he better act like he do, everyone in this ship look up to you for guidance, you should never look weak

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think my feedback is genuine and helpful. You really shouldn't be getting offended or having your feelings hurt by some guys on a forum. I get if you feel insecure, but we're here to bolster each other, not hold hands and cry.

logicallefty

Reaction score
more like tough love, remember I did say this before when someone was complaining about some guys telling what they felt here, I told then doing this sap thing here is preferable over doing so in real life, here you are free from most societal pressure and can vent, you should never do so to others, like I said you showed a hint of weakness, and she started to chew you on it.
Yep still better to let the hyenas here eat a guy vs some woman or therapist. As for Tough love Its the perfect thing to apply for a guy who gets one itus or a guy who is letting some woman walk all over him. But for some of the other things going on in a guys life, it’s not always the right solution.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Women who say they want guys to show emotions"

... is your cue to laugh your ass off!!!:p:rofl:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Part of masculinity is keeping reins of one's emotions.

Emotions cannot be purged or extinguished within you but it can and must be controlled to excel.

Which is why boys at a young age, in the presence of their masculine father, should they fall off their bicycle, scraped their knees, they would get up immediately ignoring the pain to press on learning and overcoming hardships/adversities, even smiling when doing so for they see pride in their fathers eyes.

But the opposite would happened in the presence of their mother, they would fall and then cry, in the process not learning to get up and tough it out, always weak.

If a man must cry or scream at the world, then do so when no one is around or go to a secluded hill/beach and do it there.

Then come back to society all refreshed and ready to face the world once more, overcoming harsh adventures life throws at him and smiling when he falls knowing he is learning, getting better each time he pick himself up.