"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Women wanting to look after you while you're sick

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
When you tell girls you're sick so can't come/make it to something. I've had this a few times, even got into an argument with my ex gf because I like to be alone when sick and I heal very quickly anyway and haven't been sick for a long time.

In fact, most of the time it's a lie. An easy way to flake (yes even on ex gf's).

They always say I'll come look after you. Last night after work I went on a second date with some girl from Tinder, Italian, 6.5 worse than her pics, nice girl though. I declined going back to her place, I said I was ill. She wanted me to netflix and chill with her after work, I said I'm ill:

Her: Shame :( would have liked to see you...
Her: Shall I come look after you at yours lol

Honestly... why can't they just fvck off? I only went on the second drinks after work meet up because she was so persistent and throwing herself at me that I want a potential bang when I'm desperate that works 5 min away.

How do you turn down offers to "look after you" when you are supposedly sick? If it's not a GF it just looks desperate and needy as fvck.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2018
Messages
416
Reaction score
329
Lol, I like being taken care of. Once I had to stay at a sorority house because I was locked out of my apartment late at night and all of my friends were asleep. The 5th person I called was my college intern and she let me crash on her sorority’s couch. I walked in there cold, exhausted, in desperate need of laying down...and basically had this group of beautiful smiling women assembling a bed for me, cooking for me, and listening sympathetically as I told them how I got locked out. One of my life’s fondest memories.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

R

Ranger

Guest
Look up the Florence Nightingale effect. If you’re really sick you most definitely don’t want her taking care of you. This is a mechanism and will make you “fall in love with her”
Women know this instinctively.
 

Chi Town

Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
661
Reaction score
694
Age
33
I don't mind at all, she will cook for me, clean the crib, *******s ECT

It's a opportunity for her to earn her keeps and show me that she's better than all the other girls in fvcking
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Just tell her you don't want her to catch anything, and you'll make it up to her later
Perfect I’ll be using this

My observation is Murk always likes his women to be attentive to him and to show him how much they care about him. Murk likes women that are genuinely into him.

As I see it, Murk simply doesn’t want to be bothered, by a woman he’s not truly interested in. Being cared for by a woman, when you are ill, is not what it is about. Being bothered by an unattractive or undesired woman, when you have no immediate use for her, is really the irritation.

If she was a young, fit, caring HB 9.5 that offered to bring him some homemade soup or come over and look after Murk, this story would have a whole different ending. He might even then decide to play ill just a little longer, just to “appreciate,” her full attention on him.
That’s true, I need a women who genuinely likes me and shows me that, which is why Sara my roommate is so puzzling because she never shows affection (verbal or physical affirmation) other than fvcking me and enjoying it or getting jealous where other women are concerned.

If a 9.5 wanted to look after me I’d be all over it, I’ve admitted this girl is a 6.5 and I only needed an excuse to use in future when I pull my sick card. Reality is I’ve never had a sick day off work and I battle most illnesses with water and rest.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
I’ve never actually let a women look after me except my mother. When im sick I retreat/hibernate and really don’t wanna be around people.

Funny thing is Sara has had flu this past week and I’ve been doing stuff for her like housework and cooking soups and meal preps and making her tea. I can see she likes it and was slightly playing up to it but I genuinely enjoy a protector role and I’m good at it
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Murk... the short story is Sara is NOT the person/woman you wish she was. She is not. She is not going to be.

Waiting, hoping, expecting Sara to be ANY different, than her (often times undesirable) actions have shown her to be, is a form of denial, imho.
She said the same thing pretty much, “you can’t change me and you can’t expect me to change”

Good, as long as it’s not just me she’s denying but everyone was enough Closure for me to start moving on.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I do the same when sick, I remember a few exes taking it very badly because they wanted to take care of me and all i wanted was to be alone.
Then i had to deal with their drama plus my sickness.

I think they felt like i was rejecting them.
 

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
One of my plates helped me when I was sick in the hospital. She stood with me in the hospital for 3 days and made sure I was massaged as well lol. I dont mind as long as they dont **** with me or else I'll just tell them to leave.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
Personally I love being looked after if I'm sick, as long as I have an actual established relationship with her. Some guys like to be coddled, and some don't. There seems to be no middle ground. Although I value alone time more than most by far, I'll take that nursing care any day.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Lol, I like being taken care of. Once I had to stay at a sorority house because I was locked out of my apartment late at night and all of my friends were asleep. The 5th person I called was my college intern and she let me crash on her sorority’s couch. I walked in there cold, exhausted, in desperate need of laying down...and basically had this group of beautiful smiling women assembling a bed for me, cooking for me, and listening sympathetically as I told them how I got locked out. One of my life’s fondest memories.
Group sex?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Personally I love being looked after if I'm sick, as long as I have an actual established relationship with her. Some guys like to be coddled, and some don't. There seems to be no middle ground. Although I value alone time more than most by far, I'll take that nursing care any day.
I just want to be left alone...I get sick very rarely but when I get sick i get really sick...basically will sleep like 18 or 19 hours for a few days and feel like straight up garbage
 

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
If you aren’t looking for anything serious, I would just drop her immediately. These type of women make good gf’s. They will do anything for you but can get very needy. she could turn into a big headache for you in the future. Put her out of her misery and next her.
 
Top