Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women Prefer Muscular Men (video)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw this video the other day, so I thought I would channel my inner @MatureDJ and post it:

A couple of things struck me:
First off, seems like a dumb question. Of course women like guys with a good physique. But I was surprised that the skinny dude actually won three out of the nine contests (1/3 of the time). They did better than I would have expected.

Going from memory (because I watched this the other day), I seem to recall that the women would usually initially look at and address the muscular guy. And even if they didn't pick him, several times they had to get in there and touch their body some, to get some feels before moving on.

The other thing I noticed was that when the muscular guy won, a lot of the time he (playfully) shoved the guy away and trash talked him, like "You lost, loser, get out of here". His way of alpha-dominating him, I guess.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I saw this video the other day, so I thought I would channel my inner @MatureDJ and post it:

A couple of things struck me:
First off, seems like a dumb question. Of course women like guys with a good physique. But I was surprised that the skinny dude actually won three out of the nine contests (1/3 of the time). They did better than I would have expected.

Going from memory (because I watched this the other day), I seem to recall that the women would usually initially look at and address the muscular guy. And even if they didn't pick him, several times they had to get in there and touch their body some, to get some feels before moving on.

The other thing I noticed was that when the muscular guy won, a lot of the time he (playfully) shoved the guy away and trash talked him, like "You lost, loser, get out of here". His way of alpha-dominating him, I guess.
keen observations, you're right

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this study is compromised because the women know they are being filmed. They make decisions based on what others think of them. I’d like to see a hidden camera study. Also, if they are looking for a LTR, they may choose the skinny guy because the muscle guy probably won’t stick around. For pure sexual desire, muscles will always win.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this study is compromised because the women know they are being filmed. They make decisions based on what others think of them. I’d like to see a hidden camera study. Also, if they are looking for a LTR, they may choose the skinny guy because the muscle guy probably won’t stick around. For pure sexual desire, muscles will always win.
That did cross my mind, that their selections were influenced by knowing they were being watched.

I also considered that the way the girls touched the muscular guys, even if they weren't going to pick them - it reminded me of the concept that women will bang the hot alpha guy (short term strategy) before settling down with the more stable beta guy who was less likely to cheat (long term strategy).

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only true benchmark are the microexpressions they do within the first half second of seing a man, thats pure primitive brain with no cultural mediation.

Thats why you dont need 1 hour to guess if she likes you or not, you say and and you look at her face for that first second.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bearded guy in the first few interactions gives off a feminine vibe. Look at the feminine open mouth jaw-drop in the first interaction. This is a 100% feminine mannerism.

This is a very poor sampling of women for any kind of accuracy. And of course it’s a very specific age group. Girls that age are confused and insecure.

This bearded guy also automatically loses by contrast alone. If he met women that age on the street with his shirt on, many might be attracted.

As has been mentioned, the presence of a camera pretty drastically changes How people act. But with contrast like that, the bearded guy had to lose each time.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video but have discussed this topic with gals before. Some gals feel muscular guys are too vain and high maintenance. Also they find some end up also being selfish and narcissistic on top of that. If a gal just wants a bang from a hot guy for a short term or ONS then it's fine but not a lot of grounded gals will want those types of traits in a LTR. OTOH, if a gal is vain herself and wants to be seen with a hot guy, more than have a serious relationship then she may put up with it if she is also high maintenance(and or narcissistic) herself.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be much of a surprise that women would prefer men that appear fit, strong, athletic, etc. All of this is subconscious, after all she is looking for the healthiest and best mate possible. Men that are skinny and frail or fat and out of shape don't look healthy.

It's pretty common knowledge that most women find the roided out pro bodybuilder look repulsive. However, that look is not at all possible without the abuse of steroids for a long period of time. I know of A LOT of guys from the gyms I've gone to that were on steroids and the one thing I ironically enough noticed was that almost none of them really had an attractive physique. One thing that I felt was that they always had a degree of muscle mass that was disproportionate to their frame and it just looked kind of off.

On the other side of the coin, women are also not attracted to the emaciated distance runner look, again this is not really possible without the proper genetics and logging ridiculous volumes of training and under eating.

When it comes to how much muscle or the type of fit physique women are attracted to, I personally feel that this varies. Not all men are going to be 6'3"+ and broad shouldered, just like not all men are going to maintain a very lean and wiry physique when it just isn't in their genetics.

I'm around 6'4", naturally broad shouldered and maintain around 240ish at 15% bf, so solid looking and fit but definitely not super chiseled. Granted, I train hard and enjoy it as a hobby but very few men are going to get anywhere near me without the use of steroids, as it isn't in their genetics.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really boils down to what YOU prefer.

I am focused on my goals and my passions.

I see my life in the future. All my efforts are towards that end.

Maybe some of those goals overlap with what some women find attractive, maybe some overlap with what they detest.

I have zero fvcks to give about what women prefer and prefer myself first.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be much of a surprise that women would prefer men that appear fit, strong, athletic, etc. All of this is subconscious, after all she is looking for the healthiest and best mate possible. Men that are skinny and frail or fat and out of shape don't look healthy.

It's pretty common knowledge that most women find the roided out pro bodybuilder look repulsive. However, that look is not at all possible without the abuse of steroids for a long period of time. I know of A LOT of guys from the gyms I've gone to that were on steroids and the one thing I ironically enough noticed was that almost none of them really had an attractive physique. One thing that I felt was that they always had a degree of muscle mass that was disproportionate to their frame and it just looked kind of off.

On the other side of the coin, women are also not attracted to the emaciated distance runner look, again this is not really possible without the proper genetics and logging ridiculous volumes of training and under eating.

When it comes to how much muscle or the type of fit physique women are attracted to, I personally feel that this varies. Not all men are going to be 6'3"+ and broad shouldered, just like not all men are going to maintain a very lean and wiry physique when it just isn't in their genetics.

I'm around 6'4", naturally broad shouldered and maintain around 240ish at 15% bf, so solid looking and fit but definitely not super chiseled. Granted, I train hard and enjoy it as a hobby but very few men are going to get anywhere near me without the use of steroids, as it isn't in their genetics.
why not try for super chiseled?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why not try for super chiseled?
Because for me to get very lean requires hyper focus in regards to what I eat on a daily basis, meaning constant calorie counting in an attempt to maintain a body fat level that is not truly sustainable for me in a healthy manner, both physically and mentally.

If you saw me in person I'm definitely fit and athletic looking. I have a friend that can eat whatever he wants but he always has very visible abs, he isn't a big guy though. This all comes down to genetics and trying to put yourself into a mold that is a struggle for you is not healthy.

Also, most people will think you are a weirdo if you are constantly measuring your food or if you go out to eat and refuse to order because you are somehow going off your diet plan.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying...my cousin suggested a 20 buck microgram food scale to get and I won't because I don't support a mazon mail order.
Of course, I could probably research how else to get it, lol.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loved seeing Trever Wallace in this. He's a comedian if anyone didn't know.. very funny guy.

1st Skinny guy - Total beta nerd. Never stood a chance. Take his body out of the equation, he still answered every question like a chump.

2nd skinny guy - A lot shorter and smaller, but he had more confidence. I can't recall, but I think he actually won a round?

3rd skinny guy - Trevor.. funny guy, was able to get all the women to laugh. Actually won a round.

My final thoughts.. muscular wins. Although women still value funny guys, and confidence as well. If you put two chumps in the room, but one could make the girl laugh or showed slightly more confidence than the other, he would win.

The goal is to obtain all of these traits though. The more you have, the better advantage you have.

There is literally no reason to not be lifting guys!

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Unless your gaming shirtless at the beach, she won't even know you have muscles when you approach her anyways.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
the skinny hairy guy moves around too much. Needs to be more staunch. bigger muscularly guy is moving around alot less.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless your gaming shirtless at the beach, she won't even know you have muscles when you approach her anyways.
I wear tighter fitting shirts that show off my arms and broad shoulders. Suns out guns out!