"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Women in the office: are they just looking for attention most of the time?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
793
Reaction score
322
I've heard some say 90% of them are just looking for attention there. I have noticed I generally only get the "play hard to get behavior" if it's a woman at a place I frequent such as work, college (back when I was in college), etc. What's your take on this?

I will say I'm just asking for my own curiosity. I'm going to stop dating women at work. The most recent one I didn't want to date but she kept coming after me, texting me her number, etc. I'm really going to try to stick to NO work dating. At all.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
In my experience women in the workplace butter up to me because they want to be on my good side for later when they want me to do something for them. It can seem like a genuine interest when it’s not. Many of them get through well over half of their duties by pawning them off and other people in this manner. The worst part is that in their own minds they actually tell themselves that they are productive and useful. They consider you doing something for them their personal accomplishment. I used to date women from work but with all this me too sh!t now there is no freaking way. In addition I rarely will help one of them as I support gender equality. I am all for a woman’s right to show the world that “she is just as good as me, a man”. I wouldn’t want to be the one to deprive her of that opportunity, So I let her do her own work.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
In my experience women in the workplace butter up to me because they want to be on my good side for later when they want me to do something for them. It can seem like a genuine interest when it’s not. Many of them get through well over half of their duties by pawning them off and other people in this manner. The worst part is that in their own minds they actually tell themselves that they are productive and useful. They consider you doing something for them their personal accomplishment. I used to date women from work but with all this me too sh!t now there is no freaking way. In addition I rarely will help one of them as I support gender equality. I am all for a woman’s right to show the world that “she is just as good as me, a man”. I wouldn’t want to be the one to deprive her of that opportunity, So I let her do her own work.
In the work place we shouldnt be doing extras for a coworker. The exception is if they do extra for you back and forth. But you shouldnt do their job.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
SO ironic!

I literally just asked to transfer out of a group because the man I worked with kept telling management that he knew how to do everything, and would then come to me for help doing it

When I started 'being busy" ( too busy to be at his beck and call) he got butthurt with me.

I realized he was no win, unless I did what he wanted, so I asked to be moved to another group, figured he could deal with his job by himself.

I've never run into a man like that anywhere I worked. I was floored.

Edit: I didn't tell them that reason for the transfer, just said I was looking for more challenge, and I'm getting it :)
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
There are plenty of women banging guys they work with...in fact I'd probably say that almost all women have done this at one point or another. Whether any particular woman is interested in that is hard to say.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top