Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women Going Back to Exes

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On this forum I’ve seen it said that if a woman no longer sees value in you then it’s over and to move on. I think that’s good advice for your own personal well being but I can’t help but wonder why, then, women end up going back to exes.
Clearly she didn’t see value in the guy but later did? What happened there? Thoughts?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
On this forum I’ve seen it said that if a woman no longer sees value in you then it’s over and to move on. I think that’s good advice for your own personal well being but I can’t help but wonder why, then, women end up going back to exes.
Clearly she didn’t see value in the guy but later did? What happened there? Thoughts?
There are two common expressions that help explain this:

"You don't always appreciate something until it's gone"

And

"The grass isn't always greener on the other side"

Many times the girl starts dating someone else and the guy ends up not being as great as she initially thought or potentially he dumps her...then she is left high and dry with only the ex as a safety net to try and fall back to.

Reaction score
I made a topic about this but here's why she does. When you decide to date a girl at the goal of a LTR/Marriage, always make sure that you are her FIRST choice, not her second, third, etc. Guys make this stupid @$$ decision and think they can convince their way to First choice....YOU CANT! You need to better than her EX in places that matter the most with attraction. Now, when a girl has had more than 10 partners, this becomes difficult because she is more than likely going to have some alpha widow ghost haunting her. You can do your best, but you aren't going to beat the 6ft 5 athletes that flew her around the country to get wine & fvcked in 5-star hotel rooms or if her BF was the sexy bad boy rogue like the dude in Sex/Life.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a topic about this but here's why she does. When you decide to date a girl at the goal of a LTR/Marriage, always make sure that you are her FIRST choice, not her second, third, etc. Guys make this stupid @$$ decision and think they can convince their way to First choice....YOU CANT! You need to better than her EX in places that matter the most with attraction. Now, when a girl has had more than 10 partners, this becomes difficult because she is more than likely going to have some alpha widow ghost haunting her. You can do your best, but you aren't going to beat the 6ft 5 athletes that flew her around the country to get wine & fvcked in 5-star hotel rooms or if her BF was the sexy bad boy rogue like the dude in Sex/Life.
My goal is never marriage my dude.
So what you’re saying is it’s pretty much hopeless. Isn’t there a way you can out alpha the ex by indifference and other such mind sets? I mean idgaf more than the exes I’ve heard about. They stalk her and sh!t. Truly beta in that regard

Reaction score
My goal is never marriage my dude.
So what you’re saying is it’s pretty much hopeless. Isn’t there a way you can out alpha the ex by indifference and other such mind sets? I mean idgaf more than the exes I’ve heard about. They stalk her and sh!t. Truly beta in that regard
Depends on her exes. Again, the more partners she has had, the harder it is to tame her. A girl with 10 plus partners means she has more than likely had a dude with a bigger dvck than you, better looking than you, more money than you, a hotter personality than you, and etc. If her stalker ex is some NFL player 6ft 4 Chad with an 8-inch dvck then him stalking her is irrelevant. You can't beat that. However, if she has dated like 5 guys and these were just dweebs she met in college/HS than you have a much better chance.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had this happen to me, except for the "you up?" text from an ex. But I assume it's what @BackInTheGame78 mentioned. And I'll add that women typically cannot stand the thought of being single so once it stops working out with whoever, she needs her ex to take her back in.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on her exes. Again, the more partners she has had, the harder it is to tame her. A girl with 10 plus partners means she has more than likely had a dude with a bigger dvck than you, better looking than you, more money than you, a hotter personality than you, and etc. If her stalker ex is some NFL player 6ft 4 Chad with an 8-inch dvck then him stalking her is irrelevant. You can't beat that. However, if she has dated like 5 guys and these were just dweebs she met in college/HS than you have a much better chance.
Again, I think you assume I want marriage or something. I don’t. I just want regular sex with a girl and I doubt any guy she encounters has as much idgaf as me since all the ex stories I’ve heard are truly sad. Alphas falling in love kinda sh!t. Maybe that’s part of their charm I dunno. But I’ve often been told I’m not like any man they’ve ever met

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I heard a quote that might be important to you;

You are either in her rotation, or she is in your rotation.

The cynical thing about dealing with women is you gotta be willing to let go at any given moment. You should stimulate her to look around.the only way you can "out Alpha " another dude is by letting him devalue himself.

The problem is we as men value ourself through women. So when she does go away to see if the GIG, we feel humiliated even when she comes back, right? While you should feel honored in a morbid way.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I heard a quote that might be important to you;

You are either in her rotation, or she is in your rotation.

The cynical thing about dealing with women is you gotta be willing to let go at any given moment. You should stimulate her to look around.the only way you can "out Alpha " another dude is by letting him devalue himself.

The problem is we as men value ourself through women. So when she does go away to see if the GIG, we feel humiliated even when she comes back, right? While you should feel honored in a morbid way.
I like this perspective. The best way is to keep focusing on yourself and let the women come and go as they do I suppose

Reaction score
Again, I think you assume I want marriage or something. I don’t. I just want regular sex with a girl and I doubt any guy she encounters has as much idgaf as me since all the ex stories I’ve heard are truly sad. Alphas falling in love kinda sh!t. Maybe that’s part of their charm I dunno. But I’ve often been told I’m not like any man they’ve ever met
Why does the ex-matter if you want regular sex then? Who cares lol. The only thing that matters is that you are getting sex. If she leaves you for her ex, who cares.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does the ex-matter if you want regular sex then? Who cares lol. The only thing that matters is that you are getting sex. If she leaves you for her ex, who cares.
I care because it means I have to find another girl. It’s a hassel

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big difference between her leaving him and him leaving her. If he left her she will usually jump at the chance to get back with him. Much less likely if she left him.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Most women never dated these type of guys, so worrying about this is kinda silly tbh.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's probably something to do with all of the straw inside their little heads.

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True story: I was trying to get with this chick who was very into small time celebrities. Always traveling and flying all over to get close to them. Small time rappers and the type. She got to know some of them pretty well and got invited to some events.

I'm certain she was sleeping with at least some of them. All of that was short lived and she ended up back in bed with her dead beat ex who mis treated her.

All the time I couldn't get a date but she would run all over the country for these other people. I'm tall, fit and decent looking but I'm not a rapper or her ex with a criminal record. She couldn't see my value but that's her problem.

Now she's still single living with mom and dad at 30 and none of these people will even give her the time of day including me.

Her loss, not mine.