Women from the East dont like masculine men

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really know where the OP is coming form. I've spent a lot of time in 'the East' and generally - though, of course, not always - women expect the man to take charge.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
I don't really know where the OP is coming form. I've spent a lot of time in 'the East' and generally - though, of course, not always - women expect the man to take charge.

The OP talked to a Japanese girl so that makes him an expert.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I wonder if a Japanese girl would tell everyone she's an expert on the west because I told her I like girls to walk around naked.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
what ever makes you feel better... you are scared i can see jit in your typed words...

most women like gay looking men now.. what are you gonna do?

Dude you are so daft. You dont understand sociology and the effect nurture has on peoples behavior and viewpoints.

You only think they are gay looking because of your upbringing here.

Hell do you know if we were in ancient Rome its very likely most of us would be bisexual because that **** was rampant and accepted back then? Does that make you angry? Or will you say..."nah thatd never happen"

Society as well as nature molds individuals. Take some sociology, anthro, or psychology courses, then look at history and get back to us.

SharinganUser said:
Lmao, oh you guys. I have looked at scores of forums, have been watching Japanese media and pop culture since I was a lad, and have talk to a bunch of Eastern women about their type on campus this week.

I guess I should take your opinions even though they grew up in the culture and know their people and what they like. And I have spoken to quite a few Americans who have lived in the East who know how different it is over there.

I guess its more of a case of dudes here wanting everything that they are learning to apply to all women, despite differences in culture. Because thats what it seems like

Leporello said:
Theres more to masculinity then taking charge. And I know many of girls who like to take charge themselves and dont mind passivity in a mate.

Again, Ill take the word of women who grew up in the culture, and anecdotes of the citizens, over dudes here.

The Pedantical said:
I wonder if a Japanese girl would tell everyone she's an expert on the west because I told her I like girls to walk around naked.
Yeah because that has a parallel to my OP. Your condescension is much appreciated though.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Lmao, oh you guys. I have looked at scores of forums, have been watching Japanese media and pop culture since I was a lad, and have talk to a bunch of Eastern women about their type on campus this week.

I guess I should take your opinions even though they grew up in the culture and know their people and what they like. And I have spoken to quite a few Americans who have lived in the East who know how different it is over there.

I guess its more of a case of dudes here wanting everything that they are learning to apply to all women, despite differences in culture. Because thats what it seems like

Theres more to masculinity then taking charge. And I know many of girls who like to take charge themselves and dont mind passivity in a mate.

Again, Ill take the word of women who grew up in the culture, and anecdotes of the citizens, over dudes here.

I've lived in Asia for almost 3 years. I make my judgments on not only speaking with Asians and ex-pats, but also from personal experience. The Asian beauty standard is not only wildly different from the western standard, but is also far more complicated. It's much more complex than "Japanese chicks don't like manly men."

A few examples of the various Asian beauty standards is how big your eyes are, bigger is better. Another one is how far apart your eyes are. They also like the top part of the bridge on your nose to protrude. They also like men who are taller, the same as western do. They also prefer whiter skin. While large muscles aren't particularly desired by a lot of Asian women, they certainly won't disqualify you. And that's only the tip of the iceberg.

There is also far more importance placed on wealth and social status than there is in the west.

One of the things that Asian women like about foreigners is our abrasiveness.

The whole gay/androgynous thing mostly prevalent in younger girls(around 21 and younger). It's a kin to those young girls over here that drool over those Twilight gays, I mean guys.

While there are a lot of cultural differences between the Far East and the Western world, those differences in relation to dating women are not going to as big as you might think. Most Asian women that date foreigners are far more lenient to non-Asians than they are towards men of their own race. They also seem to be more westernized than the ones who don't date foreigners. I always have a little chuckle when non-Asian guys say crap like "I like dating Asian women because they're more traditional." :rolleyes:

EDIT: Wish I could write more now but my pizza and wings are ready.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just sad how a lot of people here need to disparage someone who doesnt fit into what they expect someone to be as gay. Namely the "Twilight gays" comment. Christ, our culture makes too many of us insecure and judgmental of anything thats different. When dudes need to constantly point out that something might be gay, it says a lot of their own issues and projections really.

Plus, all the women I have spoke to regarding this issue are between 22 and 35. So its not just a younger women thing.

So again, opinions of numerous Japanese-born citizens > Dude who was there for less time or others who have never been

Different strokes for different folks really.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Its just sad how a lot of people here need to disparage someone who doesnt fit into what they expect someone to be as gay. Namely the "Twilight gays" comment. Christ, our culture makes too many of us insecure and judgmental of anything thats different. When dudes need to constantly point out that something might be gay, it says a lot of their own issues and projections really.

Plus, all the women I have spoke to regarding this issue are between 22 and 35. So its not just a younger women thing.

So again, opinions of numerous Japanese-born citizens > Dude who was there for less time or others who have never been

Different strokes for different folks really.

It's sad when someones decides to ignore the point of the post and instead focuses on one passive comment which was clearly meant as a joke.

Do you know what the word "mostly" means?

LOL Dude, YOU have never been there yourself. Your opinion is nothing more than hearsay. You think that because you've talked to some Japanese women that makes you some kind of expert on them? What a joke. I talk to doctors quite frequently, it doesn't mean I should be writing out prescriptions.

I bet you are one of those dolts that think Asian women are impressed that you can use chops sticks or say "Konbanwa." Let me tell you a secret, every 3 year old in Asia can do both of those, it's not that cool.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
It's sad when someones decides to ignore the point of the post and instead focuses on one passive comment which was clearly meant as a joke.

Do you know what the word "mostly" means?

LOL Dude, YOU have never been there yourself. Your opinion is nothing more than hearsay. You think that because you've talked to some Japanese women that makes you some kind of expert on them? What a joke. I talk to doctors quite frequently, it doesn't mean I should be writing out prescriptions.

I bet you are one of those dolts that think Asian women are impressed that you can use chops sticks or say "Konbanwa." Let me tell you a secret, every 3 year old in Asia can do both of those, it's not that cool.
Lmao @ the guy thinking hes knows more than people who actually grew up in the culture. Its not my opinion you dolt. Its from a bunch of citizens, and we have a large population of Japanese on my campus of varying ages.

Hell if you even read numerous forums where japanese try and speak with foreigners and dating comes up, it even goes with what I have said.

So no its not just my opinion. But I am sure you know more than them. Its funny how a thread that was me asking how to bag a girl whos into men that are different than the Western male archetype, turned into a gay this or that thread. Or dudes acting like they are experts when what I am saying comes from Japanese nationals themselves.

Look up "herbivore men" btw. A few of the gals I asked this topic about this week said they like that kind of guy.

EDIT:

you have to understand why I would take their word over yours dude. Its very logical really.
I mean hell, I remember in my International Business class this past semester...my professor was going over the differences in culture and the tendencies of people from various countries. She mentions an observation of the French ( she was there for a few years) and then one of the French students (of which there are 8 in the class) objected to that viewpoint and told her that her assessment was wrong. Mind you, the rest nodded in agreement with their countryman.

But she still tried to maintain her position and referenced the ambiguous text book info. Basically what I am saying is that who knows their culture better than them? It would be arrogant and ethnocentric to think ones assessment was more valid than those with 20 plus years of first hand experience. Its like Derek Jeters opinion vs some 4th year starter whos only 25.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Lmao @ the guy thinking hes knows more than people who actually grew up in the culture. Its not my opinion you dolt. Its from a bunch of citizens, and we have a large population of Japanese on my campus of varying ages.

Hell if you even read numerous forums where japanese try and speak with foreigners and dating comes up, it even goes with what I have said.

So no its not just my opinion. But I am sure you know more than them. Its funny how a thread that was me asking how to bag a girl whos into men that are different than the Western male archetype, turned into a gay this or that thread. Or dudes acting like they are experts when what I am saying comes from Japanese nationals themselves.

Look up "herbivore men" btw. A few of the gals I asked this topic about this week said they like that kind of guy.

lol, I am not claiming to know more than the citizens you've talked to. I am claiming that I know more than you. You've never even been to Japan, nor any Asian country. You are basing your opinion off of what other people have told you and what you've read about on the internet.

It's not that I think that your friends are wrong, it's that there is more to it than what you think there is. For what ever reason, you aren't getting the whole picture.

You don't seem to understand that the Asian beauty standard is far more complex than "Women from the East dont like masculine men."

If you wanted to "bag" this chick as you so eloquently put it, then you should be focusing on what she responds to through taking action, instead of listening to what she says. That's a key lesson you'll see over and over on this site. But I guess that won't sink in because a Japanese National didn't say it to you. :rolleyes:

EDIT
EDIT:

you have to understand why I would take their word over yours dude. Its very logical really.
I mean hell, I remember in my International Business class this past semester...my professor was going over the differences in culture and the tendencies of people from various countries. She mentions an observation of the French ( she was there for a few years) and then one of the French students (of which there are 8 in the class) objected to that viewpoint and told her that her assessment was wrong. Mind you, the rest nodded in agreement with their countryman.

But she still tried to maintain her position and referenced the ambiguous text book info. Basically what I am saying is that who knows their culture better than them? It would be arrogant and ethnocentric to think ones assessment was more valid than those with 20 plus years of first hand experience. Its like Derek Jeters opinion vs some 4th year starter whos only 25.

I understand why you would take their word over mine, but you should also understand why someone should take an ex-pats word over someone who's never been to the country in question. As I said earlier in the post, I am not arguing against them. In fact if I talked with the same people you talked to I am sure I would agree with them on most aspects, probably even learn a thing or two. But that doesn't mean that I can't have my own views based on my personal experiences, and things I've learned from speaking with other Asians and Ex-pats.

Nor does it necessarily mean that my opinions are wrong or that their's are infallible. For example, many Chinese Nationalists believe that the Dalai Lama is evil and wants to enslave the Tibetan people. Many Chinese also believe that China was Liberated, however, many Taiwanese believe that Mainland China fell to the Communists. Should I think the Dalai Lama is an evil tyrant and that china was liberated from the Chiang Shai Shek, simply because Mainland Chinese say so?

A Chinese friend of mine once said that if you want to learn the true history of China you have to read a book that was written by a Chinese Mainlander, another by a Taiwanese citizen and another by a westerner. You can't just read one and expect to get an accurate picture.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not gonna even respond to all of that because you missed the entire point. Its not about MY opinion. Its that numerous natural born citizens opinions mean more than a foreign born ex pats. Get that through your head. MY opinion is based on what actual Japanese citizens have told me

I think we are arguing the same thing here almost and you have just missed what I have been trying to say.

Either way, Meh. Btw your Dalai Lama comparison fails because we are talking about two different nationalities of people who historically belong to relatively the same ethnicity. It is not the same as comparing an Americans perspective of Japan to a Japanese persons perspective of Japan. So fail

Mr. Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Ok so I have this Japanese friend who I am very attracted to........She went to talk about how she, and East Asians in general, tend to prefer androgynous men. They can appreciate when guys do things that is beautiful.
HAHAHA, dude you were TALKING about what she finds attractive? I remember doing this in my AFC days. Women would say "I like a man who is x,y,z" and I would transform into that because I thought I would get them (Pathetic!) and it NEVER worked (if it did I would have never came here). Listening to women about what they find attractive is like taking dating advice from them (don't do it).

I am willing to bet all my money that if you put a REAL MAN in front of this chick that she will be VERY attracted to him (The problem is that real men are rare these days...). If she really liked androgynous males (don't call these things men) she would be all over you or the next average androgynous Joe. Wait, never mind, you are the personification of masculinity aren't you? So that is why she hasn't pounced on you.

P.S. If you are "very attracted" to her go for her romantically, not this gross friend stuff.

Jaylan said:
His name is Miyavi and hes wildly popular in Japan. Hes a rock star and she says girls find his beauty sexy, even when he doesnt dress up. I mean Hair Metal guys in the 80s were femme and still got so much tail. I mean hell, I used to be a punk rock kid, so I wore makeup, painted nails, and tight pants back in the day, but you change over time. Now I shop at hollister and H&M.
Dude I can guarantee you that they are not attracted his grotesque appearance. Women are attracted to strength, imagination, and passion. That is why they go after rock stars and such because they are living their passion. Their music is nothing more than their imagination materialized. Also these 'stars', for the most part, have it made financially. Which brings me to my next point, many women consider your career and what you can offer them, before anything else.

Jaylan said:
Anyways, so basically Im trying to figure out how to even game this girl because she doesnt respond to a lot of the things American girls would. I wonder if the masculinity I tried to project previously to her might of been to my detriment.
You 'game' her the same way you would 'game' any other girl. Quit "projecting" masculinity and EMBRACE your sexuality. When you project something you are faking it. There is a difference between believing and doing. One requires radical change the other requires masking your true self (and your real self can't hide forever). Women want a man who makes them feel like a woman, not some androgynous drone.

Read this--->

You cannot be yourself without truthfully seeing yourself
You cannot control the situation, but you can control yourself, your emotions, and your life.
You cannot have women love you until you love yourself.
You cannot grasp the female nature until you grasp your male nature.
You cannot win her until you focus on her winning you.
You cannot obtain love by giving yours away for free.
You cannot fulfill your desire by letting it trump your integrity.
You cannot be yourself by denying your dreams and what it takes to achieve them.
-Pook

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Im not gonna even respond to all of that because you missed the entire point. Its not about MY opinion. Its that numerous natural born citizens opinions mean more than a foreign born ex pats. Get that through your head. MY opinion is based on what actual Japanese citizens have told me

I think we are arguing the same thing here almost and you have just missed what I have been trying to say.

Either way, Meh. Btw your Dalai Lama comparison fails because we are talking about two different nationalities of people who historically belong to relatively the same ethnicity. It is not the same as comparing an Americans perspective of Japan to a Japanese persons perspective of Japan. So fail

My opinion is ALSO based on what actual Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai citizens have told me. It's also based on what I have personally experienced from dating, and sleeping with women from various Asian countries, while living in those countries and experiencing other aspects of their culture.

And no my "Dalai Lama" comparison does NOT fail just because you say so. I was using that as an example as to why "natural born citizen's" opinions of their own country are not infallible. That's not the same as saying that my opinion is more valid than theirs, but just that you shouldn't just accept things without question.

As I said in my previous post, the Asian beauty standard is far more complicated than you seem to think. This is something that many Asian people have told me. It's not as simple as "Asian women don't like masculine men." Now I am just repeating myself.