Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will swine flu keep you from going out tomorrow night?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe the panic is because of how easily it spreads and how much deadlier it is to older demographics...in younger people its very low risk but in older people you are looking at a 15-20% mortality rate and that is pretty high
I'm not worried about it myself, but if you have a relative or loved one in a nursing home or the like, I'd probably be concerned. Most posters here would be in an age bracket where the mortality rate is less than one percent. But if you're in that percentage, that's little comfort to you.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm in the midwest, and we get a mix. First, the people who hear about getting an inch of snow and there's a run on the grocery stores.
And then other people who don't adjust at all - first snow of the year and they're sliding their cars into each other.
Where I am at we don't even bother shoveling til there is at least 6 inches...we get buried on a yearly basis.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I remember that weekend in the original post. My bud and me did go hiking 2 miles in the dark up a mountain and it was misty or sprinkling and chilly. We built a fire but it was hard to keep going or get going good. I chopped down a small wet tree - difficult with my Kabar knife/machete I'd always wanted to try out. Didn't even set up the tent. We just hiked right back down and went home. He'd just got married. I didn't even own a home then, but was about to buy one next year, my first after years of poverty, whereas he had his life together, an engineer with a house and a boat and family nearby. We're no longer friends, but I remember he was a true friend at least a few years from about 2005 through 2010. We went repelling off cliffs, house parties, skiing, etc. but dudes when they get married, eh, that sure as fvck tappers off and you, the bachelor, is left alone gotta find another friend to do sh!t. My co-workers and I do sh!t that's about it, usually just watch the fights at their home or my home on Saturday, even if a couple are married.

I didn't even know that I cared about the Swine Flu then. Don't even know why I'd mentioned it cause I really wasn't all that worried about it if I remember correctly, but all through from about 2005 until 2011 I hit the clubs/bars EVERY weekend, I mean EVERY, and somehow never got a DUI. I was being an attention wh0re in the OP. I'd only been laid probably 12 times by 2009 in my life, first time in 1995 or 1996 can't remember. My 20s were a blur and went by so fast as I didn't have any money, was always just so mediocre except in looks. I had NOTHING, not even a bed frame, but I did have a couch. In my 30s, I can buy anything I want, but I don't want much having been so poor before, so, plus I'm male so us men don't really need much at all. I'd be just fine in a trench IF I was comfortable. There's UBER rich men like that who'd be just as happy in a 600 sq ft as a palatial estate with a maze in the courtyard, statues, fountains and sh!t. The mind is where it's at. You don't need to own anything.

PimpOfTheSouth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I remember that weekend in the original post. My bud and me did go hiking 2 miles in the dark up a mountain and it was misty or sprinkling and chilly. We built a fire but it was hard to keep going or get going good. I chopped down a small wet tree - difficult with my Kabar knife/machete I'd always wanted to try out. Didn't even set up the tent. We just hiked right back down and went home. He'd just got married. I didn't even own a home then, but was about to buy one next year, my first after years of poverty, whereas he had his life together, an engineer with a house and a boat and family nearby. We're no longer friends, but I remember he was a true friend at least a few years from about 2005 through 2010. We went repelling off cliffs, house parties, skiing, etc. but dudes when they get married, eh, that sure as fvck tappers off and you, the bachelor, is left alone gotta find another friend to do sh!t. My co-workers and I do sh!t that's about it, usually just watch the fights at their home or my home on Saturday, even if a couple are married.

I didn't even know that I cared about the Swine Flu then. Don't even know why I'd mentioned it cause I really wasn't all that worried about it if I remember correctly, but all through from about 2005 until 2011 I hit the clubs/bars EVERY weekend, I mean EVERY, and somehow never got a DUI. I was being an attention wh0re in the OP. I'd only been laid probably 12 times by 2009 in my life, first time in 1995 or 1996 can't remember. My 20s were a blur and went by so fast as I didn't have any money, was always just so mediocre except in looks. I had NOTHING, not even a bed frame, but I did have a couch. In my 30s, I can buy anything I want, but I don't want much having been so poor before, so, plus I'm male so us men don't really need much at all. I'd be just fine in a trench IF I was comfortable. There's UBER rich men like that who'd be just as happy in a 600 sq ft as a palatial estate with a maze in the courtyard, statues, fountains and sh!t. The mind is where it's at. You don't need to own anything.

Wow good to hear from the OP! Nostalgic!

Glassguy

Reaction score
I will give Big Goal props. Once he commits to something he is all in. Even though he seems to be failing miserably with OLD and refuses to understand why, he still grinds every day looking for the cheat code that will lead 3 HB9s into his bed at the same time.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now they've suspended the NBA season and closing schools. This is crazy, looks like they're going to close the country down.
No wonder the market is in freefall. Got to be good for people selling hand sanitizers.

It appears they feel they have under-reacted in the past so are going to try the opposite extreme now. A bit like trying different approaches with women lol, guys wobble between extremes until they find calibration.

Can't help but feel they're just delaying the inevitable. But maybe if they can delay it long enough, they'll come up with a vaccine for it. Developing, manufacturing, and distributing vaccines can take a very long time though.
Like I said, I'm not worried myself (investments aside), but this should be an interesting news cycle.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I will give Big Goal props. Once he commits to something he is all in. Even though he seems to be failing miserably with OLD and refuses to understand why, he still grinds every day looking for the cheat code that will lead 3 HB9s into his bed at the same time.
The biggest problem is when I get dates from OLD I don't get second dates. I haven't been sending good messages lately, I simply just don't have time right now, and nothing I see on there anyway. The last week I see mostly land whales on there.

A few months back I blew a for sure second date. Dinner date that was almost 2 hours and the girl even talked about the second date and where we'd go and that. I screwed up because one, after the date I hugged her but she was leaning in towards me probably expecting a short side kiss, but I Fvcked up because she was out of town and then busy when she got back home and I kept texting her a lot, then she took a day to reply to my texting and she blew up at me calling me a jerk. She wanted to go out again she said BUT said that is a huge red flag my possible temper.

Another OLD date with a better looking women lasted a total of nearly 4 hours. That later turned into an argument via texting as well.

Then I blew something with a 27 year old on Match. In shape little hottie. Exchanging messages back and forth a couple times and she'd reply real fast. Joked about how since Im bad at golf that we need to play golf and she'd help show me proper form. Of course I kept asking questions about her and her career more even though she was flirty.

Then had a 30 year old brunette on facebook dating last week I was talking too but I bombarded her too much and she hasn't talked to me since.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overreacting is better than the opposite when it comes to this. When one of the world's biggest expert in this field who's seen all the past pandemics is saying that he's very concerned, it's time to take it seriously.
Italy didn't and look what happend to them. They are in total chaos now and that's not even an exaggeration. Everyone is looking at Italy and realising that it's maybe more serious than we thought and the big problem is that many countries are underreacting to it, that's the scary part.
It seems that the general american is quite ignorant towards these kinds of things before it's in your face, but it will hit you hard aswell.
Death rate is very low, under 1% considering all the unknown cases with mild symptoms but if you don't contain the spread the numbers of people eventually killed will still be large. I'm not worried for myself, but i don't want to get my parents killed in the process.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shyt seems to be getting real out there. Markets crashing and Norway just shut down the whole country. I mean everything.
Totally safe out there.
I got some info from a very "insider" 100+ millionaire I know. I will relate what he told me later. It's kinda good news.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overreacting is better than the opposite when it comes to this.
It's an interesting situation. They've never gone this far in the past with similar viruses. But they want to save lives, so that is hard to argue against. If you take that kind of mindset, arguably they should shut the country down every cold and flu season.

Supposedly 56,000 people die from the flu each year. If we get that kind of number from the coronavirus, the media and politicians will be pointing fingers all over the place.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Corona came from a bat, not pig they say in the Wuhan meat market.. Which, I find kinda ironic in this thread.. You know, since he wants to basically go to a meet market.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow biggoal is banned? What did he do if you don't mind me asking? He was a contributor to this forum I thought . Anyways im no expert.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an interesting situation. They've never gone this far in the past with similar viruses. But they want to save lives, so that is hard to argue against. If you take that kind of mindset, arguably they should shut the country down every cold and flu season.

Supposedly 56,000 people die from the flu each year. If we get that kind of number from the coronavirus, the media and politicians will be pointing fingers all over the place.
Yes, but the big mistake most people do (me too in the beginning) is to compare this to a normal flu, it is not a normal flu. It's also not a disaster on an individual level, but it is a big problem on a group scale.
After you've read the science, probabilities and projections behind it, you realise the only sensible option is to shut down the whole country once it's reached a certain point where you can't contain it anymore. The sooner, the better. Atleast if you want to be back on your feet asap as a nation.
Some countries managed to contain it before it spiraled and guess which ones? The ones that was hit hard by swine and learned their lesson to take every measure available to stop it in its tracks (like taiwan, thailand). From what i've read the american health care isn't prepared for an explosion of patients on that scale.
It's also not comparable to swine flu since it's passed that point a long time ago.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"...80 percent of those who died from flu were 65 or older..."

"...patients between 75 and 85 and over 85 years old had odds ratios of 1.52 (95 % CI 1.32–1.74) and 1.85 (95 % CI 1.57–2.17) for death within 28 days..."

Yes, older people with underlying health problems are the biggest risk group of dieing from it in the end, just like the normal flu. This is nothing new.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most here are going into voluntary quarantine and many workplaces are instigating mandatory work at home for 2 weeks. Its about prevention and spread, if you arent out you lessen your chances of getting it, and if you have it before showing symptoms (and capable of infecting others) you wont.

Restricting travel? Smart move.
Store workers with masks and gloves? Smart move.
Buying bottled water? Virus isnt spread by water.
Buying toilet paper? Anything beyond a 3 week supply for yourself/family is stupid.
Going out to eat? Cook at home.

Its about prevention and reducing spread, not hysterics and fake news

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Restricting travel? Smart move.
Store workers with masks and gloves? Smart move.
Buying bottled water? Virus isnt spread by water.
Buying toilet paper? Anything beyond a 3 week supply for yourself/family is stupid.
Going out to eat? Cook at home.
Can't do more.

I had five cases of severe fever in my company this week, one family in my house is adviced to stay quarantained for two weeks.
Because of my not so fit mother, I'm going to avoid visiting her now the possibility is given, that it's in my proximity. Think I will avoid social events too for some days.

The last days state runned facilities are sending their employers home and schools are closing in germany.
right now I'm preparing our IT systems, so we can send the office staff home.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score