Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Widow losing his game

Mags

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am the new widow on the block.
48y had my wife for 26 years she passed away 6month ago . After battling 4y off breast cancer .
She was a solid 9 . About me i am 5’7’ handsome well groomed . I Owen a couple off restaurants in Canada i am well off . My game was always good but not the escalation . Now due to COVID and wife sickness and busy business life. I lost all my friends circle and my only wingman just moved to us . IAM reading the Bible now . I fell that women are afraid off my states in the same time I can t go below 7 .
tried old that sucks . I have more game one in one . I really need to make a new friend circle.
Any idea ? And my only hobby is going to the shooting range for now?need more idea
thanks

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reestablish your social circle. Reach out to the friends you have lost contact with. Chances are they are worried about triggering a grief response. Use that friend circle as an anchor to your standards and feeling of self worth.

Mags

Reaction score
Thanks for the respond actually that’s I am trying to do . Maybe I am too worried? Maybe let things go naturally. Am sure me being stress out doesn’t help .I will keep reading

Mags

Reaction score
Sorry for my English I speak French here . I am not over yet . But starting to be bored and empty . Not looking for Ltr more friendly hangout . So live can go on . 6 month before my wife died she was trying to hook me up . For me that’s was crazy. I didn’t accept it . But now I starting slowly to move on .

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really need to make a new friend circle.
Any idea ? And my only hobby is going to the shooting range for now?need more idea
Unfortunately women are rare on the shooting range..... though i have met quite a few which have been interested and i took them on a range-date.

If you are not already, go to your local gym, lots of socializing possibilities with guys there.

No need to get stressed over dating and socializing. Take your time, enjoy your own company, try a few things/hobbies you are interested in.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. You need to stop focus on hobbies and activities that are male dominated or solo, and instead start some new hobbies that are likely to have women in them - especially the type of women you like. My favorites are: run clubs, fitness classes, ultimate frisbee leagues, and volunteering for specific kinds of charitable events. You'll also meet guys there you can become friends with and expand your social circle with.

Reactions: B80

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Hi everyone I am the new widow on the block.
48y had my wife for 26 years she passed away 6month ago . After battling 4y off breast cancer .
She was a solid 9 . About me i am 5’7’ handsome well groomed . I Owen a couple off restaurants in Canada i am well off . My game was always good but not the escalation . Now due to COVID and wife sickness and busy business life. I lost all my friends circle and my only wingman just moved to us . IAM reading the Bible now . I fell that women are afraid off my states in the same time I can t go below 7 .
tried old that sucks . I have more game one in one . I really need to make a new friend circle.
thanks
Get out of Canada. It is a feminist "woke" cesspool. The feminists drive the legal system and the next one you get involved with will take those restaurants from you and everything else that makes you think you are well off. She will "Zero you out". There was a story a while back out of Canada of a guy who paid out through the nose to a woman, and they weren't even married,...all they did was break up. She had kids,...already had them,...they were not his,...but he got stuck paying support for the kids as well.

No Home, Marriage or Kids Yet Man Pays $53,777/m For 10 Years

Last edited:

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get out of Canada. It is a feminist "woke" cesspool. The feminists drive the legal system and the next one you get involved with will take those restaurants from you and everything else that makes you think you are well off. She will "Zero you out". There was a story a while back out of Canada of a guy who paid out through the nose to a woman, and they weren't even married,...all they did was break up. She had kids,...already had them,...they were not his,...but he got stuck paying support for the kids as well.

No Home, Marriage or Kids Yet Man Pays $53,777/m For 10 Years

For the purposes of the OP's post your post is absolutely worthless. You did nothing to help him, except add more anxiety.

Mags

Reaction score
Thanks guys definitely will look for new hobbies. And I am gonna give up old it sucks really bad . Especially that will be back to normal soon this summer. I will keep reading here to learn more

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give up OLD yes. Especially as an older guy. Nothing but trash on there. The women I cold approach on the street would never give me the time of day on OLD, and that's if they haven't already filtered me out due to age before even having the chance to see my pictures.

Serenity

Reaction score
I lost all my friends circle
Did this happen simply because you were too busy to keep in touch with them? Like nothing bad happen, you just drifted apart?

If that's the case you should definitely call them. I'm sure they know what you've gone through, they won't expect an apology and probably fully understand why you've pulled back.

I have friends I haven't met in a couple of years, called them up and continued as if there wasn't a long pause. This is because there was never really a negative reason why we stopped hanging out, life just happened and we kinda drifted apart, it happens. It's not a big deal.

So long as they don't dislike you for some reason you haven't really lost them. They might just keep their distance because they think that's what you want, you may have inadvertently signalled you want to be left alone. Fairly normal in your circumstances if you ask me.

Sorry about your loss, call your friends though.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did this happen simply because you were too busy to keep in touch with them? Like nothing bad happen, you just drifted apart?

If that's the case you should definitely call them. I'm sure they know what you've gone through, they won't expect an apology and probably fully understand why you've pulled back.

I have friends I haven't met in a couple of years, called them up and continued as if there wasn't a long pause. This is because there was never really a negative reason why we stopped hanging out, life just happened and we kinda drifted apart, it happens. It's not a big deal.

So long as they don't dislike you for some reason you haven't really lost them. They might just keep their distance because they think that's what you want, you may have inadvertently signalled you want to be left alone. Fairly normal in your circumstances if you ask me.

Sorry about your loss, call your friends though.
An apology goes a long way.

Tbh when I see these things happen it's cause of a girl most often then not.

Guy gets his P touched. Most ****ing up and off. If you live the playboy lifestyle she keeps you guys apart as she gets fat and he grows gyno.

As your buddies pair up, if solid guys, make the time when you can. Drop a msg. Alternatively sometimes you just grow apart. They start a family and life goes on.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give up OLD yes. Especially as an older guy. Nothing but trash on there. The women I cold approach on the street would never give me the time of day on OLD, and that's if they haven't already filtered me out due to age before even having the chance to see my pictures.
Swipe apps and websites are a bad idea, both for the 35-50 year old crowd, and the 18-34 year old crowd.

A woman can't ghost in the middle of a conversation in the street or at the grocery store.

Real life approaching in any form is the way to go.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

As a new member, my first piece of advice is to be wary of a lot of advice here. As a widower that hasn't been on the field in some time, you might think that everyone here is more 'experienced' but we have a lot of members that actually aren't (they read a lot of bad pick up material or like to present an image of themselves that is false).

I can imagine that you are going through quite a transition (one that I've never experienced). I'm sure that things are tough right now, but with any loss (speaking from break ups and the loss of friends and family members) we do eventually pull through.

My suggestion is to join "meetup" which is meetup.com
You'll find various groups. This is not only good for getting socially acclimated, but also a chance to meet women as well. Here in the states, I've also noticed several groups for those that are widow/widowers.

The advantage of meetup groups is that there's no 'romantic pressure.' People join for the social aspect and so it's very low-key. Personally speaking, I've made a few friends that I'd otherwise not met and I've also taken out several women that I'd otherwise would have never met.

Give it a try. If you have any questions about meetup, fill free to send me a PM and I'd be happy to help.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swipe apps and websites are a bad idea, both for the 35-50 year old crowd, and the 18-34 year old crowd.

A woman can't ghost in the middle of a conversation in the street or at the grocery store.

Real life approaching in any form is the way to go.
+1

I agree though I think fellas should definitely exercise ALL options. I definitely have a preference. I have to agree with tate about IG being the best dating app. even still not much for one to dm random. maybe following pickup and having already got her ig. tbh the acquisition of following on ig just seems lazy and lame. I've got more better outcomes with snap or just digits. I imagine you have zero time for dm tag.