Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

why women won't post photo on datingsite?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why do women won't post their photos on dating site? men post their photos without hesitation. Women want to see men with photos. Are these women ugly?

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:
why do women won't post their photos on dating site? men post their photos without hesitation. Women want to see men with photos. Are these women ugly?
Yes, they're fat or ugly. If they were attractive, they would post their photo. But then again, if they were attractive they'd probably have no problem meeting guys in real life, instead of the internet.

Like I've said before, the internet is, IMO, *not* a good place to meet women. I've tried many times with no luck. I don't even bother anymore.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no picture might mean they dont have a digital camera or a scanner however once they are online for a few months, they learn how .
if they have a user profile more than a year old with no pic to share even in a private email, then perhaps you really dont want to see it.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, that's why I am suspicious when a woman doesn't want to share photo despite the fact she had been online for long time. Everyone can get a cheap digital photo nowadays.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one of two reasons. Either they feel uncomfortable posting because they feel that it is the main way that they will be judged since they believe that looks are the primary way that women are judged in society AND they don't feel that they can compete.

The other is that if they ARE attractive and post a picture, they will get bombarded with emails, primarily from AFCs. Guys, I'm talking about at least 30 or more a day and heaven forbid if they don't answer every one of them, some AFCs get frantic if she doesn't respond by the next day. They'll actually send bizarre emails to her. You need to ask some of the women you meet from the net, the stories are all the same.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Posting your picture online on a dating site as a woman is a catch-22. I tried the online dating thing quite awhile ago. Before I put a picture up I only got mail from men who had actually taken the time to read my profile. As soon as I put my picture up all hell broke loose. I didn't log on for about a week and my picture had been okayed during that time. I logged on to a full mailbox (I think it was 50 emails). The site I had joined had this little blinking red alert by your mailbox icon to show you had mail. Everyone's default start page showed who was online with their photo beside their name. I was stuck in my damn mailbox for 6 solid hours on a Saturday trying to be polite and answer the messages. Of course, there were about 20 men who wanted to chat in email back and forth right then and were getting all pissed at me because I wasn't able to respond fast enough. I got frustrated and took my picture down.

The last site I joined there was this one guy who sent me about 10 of those winks/eye contact things EVERY day for 3 solid months. I finally had to block him because he was driving me nuts. If someone doesn't send you a wink back it means they aren't interested. Apparently this guy thought 900 winks in 3 months just hadn't been noticed or something...gah!

Don't assume that women who don't put up their picture but have been a member a long time is ugly. They might just have gotten too much of a response and was overwhelmed when they had a picture up.

Veracity

Don Juan
Reaction score
It attracts too many crazies.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thread reopened for discussion

Mike24ct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Privacy

Some women don't want to put their picture online because they are afraid that friends or co-workers will see it.

I met a teacher from online that had no photo. She turned out to be very attractive. Her reason for not putting the picture online was so her students wouldn't see it. I can understand that.

Mike

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman doesn’t post a picture, the first assumption is they are an UFO—ugly, fat, or old. On websites such as myspace where there is a primary picture shown to everyone and then secondary pictures which you can only see by clicking for another page, if a woman’s page of secondary pictures is comprised only of illustrations or irrelevant pictures (e.g. the beach or a sunset), they probably are unattractive. (In fact, there’s a joke going around myspace about “The Truth About Myspace”.) One strategy I have noticed of some beautiful women is to have the primary picture be ambiguous but then have their secondary pictures be the real thing; so it seems it’s only if they continue to hide, that the presumption of bad looks is assured. Digital cameras, cell phone cameras, and built-in scanners are so prevalent nowadays that the “I can’t because...” excuse comes up empty. Anyone who’s serious about meeting people knows the mandate of having pictures at disposal. (I don’t carry a camera around with me but I do bum pictures off of buddies who post their pics of me.)

And even though using the Internet to meet new people is more mainstream than ever and there are working adults who barely have any time to meet new people, the general rule of thumb still seems to hold true that 98% of people who use the Internet for dating are either unattractive or crazy. The people who are normal and attractive, who do use the Internet for dating, either get quickly snatched up or quit when they grow tired of craziness. Last night I hanging out in a bar with some people when one girl came up to me and asked “Are you all from myspace?” I answered yes, because we are all on there, but that’s not how we know each other. The girl said “Cool! I’m addicted!” The point to get out of this story: she was fat.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, one chinese woman email me but she doesn't have a photo. I decided to talk to her on regular email to find out more about her. I try to avoid judging her without the picture. I hope to meet her in person. The previous time the dating service set me up with one woman, her photo was dam ugly. I don't want to judge a woman base on physical appearance however, I do have minimum standard of feminine beauty. She just look absolutely pure ugly.

CraigMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found that yes indeed many of them are fat and ugly, but there are quite a few who are not. Case in point, one female that I dated recently didn't want to post her photo again because of her chest size. And believe me it was HUGE. The poor thing. All she got were perverts, and she is actually a very pretty lady to boot.

I have found that very pretty ones like to do the picking and choosing and do not want to show their photo because of the number of geeks, perverts, wierdo's and stalkers that do actually haunt the internet dating forums.

Oh, my buddy whom I shall leave name-less, sent me this link to share with this site:

http://playersupreme.libsyn.com

Last edited:

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nonsense

This stuff about them being afraid of coworkers, friends, etc. seeing their pictures, or getting bombarded by perverts, etc. is pure BS. Oh and I like the one about not having the equipment to get the picture on the internet. That's a good one.

In 99.999% of cases they're fat or ugly.

It seems to be a trend among the more pussified male, to always disregard the overwhelming majority of cases and bring up some dumb "exception" which only proves the rule.

marge s.

Don Juan
Reaction score
for the

same reason why you don't give details about your salary. They don't want to be judged before known.

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some are lazy, some have just started trying it out and don't want to make an effort yet, some are afraid people they know might see the picture. Like other posters here have said. I just want to second their input, to verify that it doesn't have to mean the women are ugly, like certain bitter individuals will claim again and again.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brief side note, just came across a profile where the woman admitted she was FAT(Fabulous and Thick). WTF???!! I'm guessing she spelled it wrong, she meant FATT (Fvcking Avoiding the Truth)! :p

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've known of some very attractive women who didn't post a pic on their online profiles. One said she wanted to see if she could find a guy who has at least some capacity to look beyond appearances.

But they do tend to be in the minority.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
Oh and I like the one about not having the equipment to get the picture on the internet.
I have to agree here. In this day and age, there is absolutely no possible way that you don't have the ability to put a picture up on the internet. DigiCams are as cheap as $30-40 dollars someplaces, probably even less, I haven't looked that hard. Scanners are built into nearly all PC printers or available at you local Kinko's for less than a buck. Hell even most disposable cameras these days come with a CD of your pics when you get the film developed. And even if somehow all of these options are still inexplicably unavailable to you, if you have any friends, one of them will have one or all of these options. Bottom line, if a girl says she can't put up a picture, she is somewhere between indescribably ugly and mid-high borderline attractive yet very insecure.

SoCalMike said:
them being afraid of coworkers, friends, etc. seeing their pictures
This I don't see as a valid excuse at all. Odds are pretty good you've got a mirror-breaker on your hands if you hear this line. Who would really be afraid of someone they know seeing them on a dating site unless the ad is for paid sex, they're married, they're asking for donkey sex/pedophilic sex or some other socially unacceptable thing. My guess would be that if there's something that they need to hide from friends/family/co-workers, they're probably not the best people to try to hook-up with.

SoCalMike said:
or getting bombarded by perverts
This however, is a little bit different. Not just perverts, but bombarded by anyone and everyone, if they are even the least bit attractive. The fear of being judged by their looks is less realistic.

To illustrate my point, I once had a very attractive female frind of mine put up two ads on a dating site to help me with a sociology ter, paper I was writing, one with a pic and one without. Both had some stupid, vapid BS in the describe yourself box, both had the same vital stats listed, they were identical minus the pic. She signed up and when she and I checked it two days later, the ad with no pic had maybe ten to fifteen messages, somewhere in there, but ones that were somewhat substantial from guys who seemingly had some sort of head on their shoulders, commenting on the profile. The ad with the pic (and as I said, she was a very attractive looking girl, 9 at least), had over 200 messages!, not one of which said a single thing about any comment she had made in the about her section. The typical message was "hay! u'r hawt! wanna get drunk and par-TAY?!?" or AFC crap like "you're so pretty, I'd do anything for a date with you". Now let's just say hypothetically, you're a woman looking for a date. Do you really think you want to get slammed with those two comments over and over and over again, so much that you couldn't even have the time to read through and find any messages that were more substantial than that?

I'm sure this excuse will be propogated by a large number of wholly unattractive women purely as an excuse, but I also don't doubt that there are many attractive women don't put up a picture so as to avoid the exact situation I just described.

SoCalMike said:
In 99.999% of cases they're fat or ugly.
And 78.9% of all statistics are made up to support an unprovable opinion. :D

Last edited: