"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Why not or really not?

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
After ignoring my ex for like 1 month (we broke up like 2 months ago), she wanted to go for a cofee or something. I told her i was busy when she called latter cause i didnt answer her sms. 15 days latter, she calls me for another cofee or some ****. Im really not into her anymore, im 100% sure of that, i dont like many things in her and i dont feel the danger of falling for her, so why not.

I met her at college, she invited me to go for a walk, a movie and so, we went, all ok, no hard feelings. Meanwhile, she had told me in this day that since she broke up with the guy she was dating, and she had made dates with 3 other guys that involved kissing, and then lost interest in them. The only guy involved sex was the guy she dated since me, and that now she broke up.

So i think, humm what she really wants? If she wants so, why not have another girl for sex? So i talk to her asking if she would like to have a relation like having sex, and talking to eachother about girls/boys, asking advice and that kinda stuff. She says she's really not interested in sex with me, and that she only wants with someone she loves. The i told her if she had any problem by me asking that, and she said no, she wasnt bothered. After that when im talking to some girls at msn, she comes sit on my lap saying she wants to talk a bit, what she really wanted was to sneak my contacts to see who im talking to (girls), and how many.

Well, my story, i really feel the same after having asked her if she wanted casual sex, what are your toughts about this guys?
Btw, im going out for the next 5 days to diferent cities of the country for making aproaches, with the first 2 members of the portuguese DJ club eheh I'll make field reports on that ones for sure.

Best regards DJ's
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
No offense, but without sex, you're her GIRL FRIEND!

I have done it so many times. When I get in a situation like that, I find I don't pursue real relationships like I should. Best to keep the friendship to a minimum and seek our your own girl friend...
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Originally posted by Reto
No offense, but without sex, you're her GIRL FRIEND!

I have done it so many times. When I get in a situation like that, I find I don't pursue real relationships like I should. Best to keep the friendship to a minimum and seek our your own girl friend...
Agreed! =)
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
even tho she's ur ex, u guys can stil lbe friends.

great way of meeting chicks is through another girl (her)
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Originally posted by ScrewIt
great way of meeting chicks is through another girl (her)
Good in theory, but women can be quite possessive of their exes, just like guys can. I can't see her trying to hook you up with one of her friends. Could be wrong though...

She is an ex, so you have hopefully gotten past the bull$hit stage with her. Just tell her that unless you are getting something out of it (i.e. sex) then you would rather not have an ex-gf hanging around too much because you will be busy scoring with other women.

You are just friends now, remember? No need to be embarrassed about chasing other women, or to hide it from her. She doesn't feel THAT WAY about you anymore... or does she? Flirt with her and see where it takes you.
 

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
Personally, When I've been friends with ex's, I don't pursue other women when the ex is still in the picture.

That's just me. Maybe it can be done, but I can't...
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Persuing other women when she is in the picture is exactly the same, or even funnier cause altough not admiting, there is always the bit possessive stuff in your mind.
Well, i can be friends with her now, i really see her the way she is now, i see the things i dont like about her, i see a pretty girl that knows a lot about me after a long LTR, and that i know a lot about too, and that's it. I know it wouldnt work if we would try again, so im really cool with it now.
Well, she didnt mind me asking about having sex or not, she sms'ed me today again asking where i was, prolly to hang out at college or something.

About last night, i went with 2 friends DJing to a nice city. Nice talking to some girls, some # numbers gotten, and 1 of my friends made out with a chick in the dance floor, so it was a nice 1st DJ club going out.
 

Trogdawg

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Drop her, she just wants to see if she can get you back as security. Be acuantinces(SP?) but nothing more. Do not let her back in she will just leave again.
 
Top