Why is there a large number of single mothers in our society now?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur with wylfire that there is equal blame for both parties. I am scratching my heads several times thinking that these yoing women have street smarts; however, they don't use contraceptives. It is important knowledge which she should have learned long time ago.

I also noticed that many of these young guys are stupid too. Don't they at least use dam condom? when these guys grow older; I don't think they will teach their kids responsibilty at all. I assuming that they get married later. It is no wonder these guys are partly to blame for divorce rate. They don't know how to talk to women in long term relationship other than 1st phase of seducing women to bed. I know this young guy married his gf who he knows for 3yrs. They have 2kids now. He isn't emotionally mature nor intellectually developed enough to raise children. It is frightening that these young people are producing kids like saddam making weapons recklessly.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can only get assistance when you financially need it.
it varily makes up for the lack of child support that the father is suppose to be paying and isnt.
there is no extra money left.
there is no extra things like cable and telephone until you bust your butt to be able to make enough money to get on your feet enough to have those items.
you run out of detergent and wash your clothes in dishwashing liquid.
then you run out of dish washing liquid and wash the dishes with shampoo.
then you run out of shampoo and you wash your hair with soap.
do you see the cycle?

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
You're wrong. When I left my ex husband back in 1994....blah blah blah
I'm wrong? Just like that, no explanation? Just a "You're wrong." followed by a story from the book of Wyldfire?

I love how women judge whether someone is right or wrong based on an emotional feeling they have. Of course this snap-judgement is not even remotely based on logic, but on her emotional state and her past experiences. Gotta love chick logic. Backwards rationalization of things due to emotional circumstances.

As for the "free health care" comment, I should have been more specific. They get free drug plans and all of that kind of stuff.

We may have free health care in Canada, but you still have to pay for any medication that you need a prescription for. That is, unless you have benefits through your job, or you're a single mother(and possibly some other things like disability etc).

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Alright people, IM going to throw out the Religion card of the thread :D

Peeps hear me out, in the philippines where 83% are dedicated roman catholic hardcore, not the watered down american catholic junk.

Divorce in that country is almost un heard of, and you know why.. Because.. ITS ILLEGAL BIA!!!!!
My parents who happen to be from the philippines had alot of fights when I was young and if they were your typical american couple would have split and gone there seperate ways.

But nope, cause of growing up with the old traditional ways of marriage, they stuck it out, my dad was never appologetic, and mom accepted it. Now its been 22 years and upcoming 23 years, and they are happy as can be, with a our new house, 5 cars, it was worth all the hard times we been through.

Let me say this, if you grew up in a house without comformity, and having a choice to do whatever you want. You will be a adult who lives without comformity to biblical teachings or to your parents, and do whatever you want. Without comformity, what maybe a 100-200 year old tradition maybe out of date to you cause.. why.. YOU SAID SO... cause without comformity, you do whatever you want cause of your SELFISH Intentions. You will live your entire life selfishly. Without the Free Gift that the Lord Christ Jesus offers all of us.

Finally at your death you will find yourself in a whole new reality, place where only selfish and greed is its reality. And you will spend eternity in this new reality and to inflict it to yourself and other, who missed out. On that Life, the Life we all been looking for all our lives.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no single cause for the rise of single mothers because there are many. We can conclude that there are some MAIN causes though which are promiscuous young women and men, and the media glamorizing sex in our society. Promiscuousness does not happen alone, it is socially programmed into the populace and that is done through the media. The media is the MAIN CAUSE (but not the single cause) for the large number of single mothers.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
you can only get assistance when you financially need it.
it varily makes up for the lack of child support that the father is suppose to be paying and isnt.
there is no extra money left.
there is no extra things like cable and telephone until you bust your butt to be able to make enough money to get on your feet enough to have those items.
you run out of detergent and wash your clothes in dishwashing liquid.
then you run out of dish washing liquid and wash the dishes with shampoo.
then you run out of shampoo and you wash your hair with soap.
do you see the cycle?
lol...been there with the laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo and soap. Ever had to use coffee filters for toilet paper? Or the free newspapers? Big fun. Oh yeah...those welfare receiving single mothers are living it up big time...doing their laundry in the bathtub and getting blisters on their hands from wringing out the clothes by hand, and blow drying their toddler's training pants with the hairdryer because you have to try to potty train them early because those pullups are a luxury. You have to be damn resourceful, have a hell of a good sense of humor and learn to deal with all the idiots who accuse you of being lazy and taking tax payer handouts while the kids' father is off partying and complaining about how tough he has it because the mother of his kid wants him to pay child support and if he pays it he might not be able to go to the bar as much. Meanwhile that single mom is wiping his kid's ass off with dampened store brand coffee filters someone gave her and sales fliers she got in the mail because she doesn't have the money for toilet paper or wipes until the first of the month, at which time she'll have to choose between **** tickets and laundry detergent. Oh yeah...that's the life.

Veracity

Don Juan
Reaction score
What a myopic view of things.

Why not ask why there are so many single fathers and men getting women they are not married to pregnant? Then again, this subject may not offer as much of an opportunity to bytch about women does it?:cry:

****Newsflash**** Sperm is a necessary component in the baby making process.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The solution is simple. Stop having sex outside marriage. :D

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called Pick Up Artists who don't want anything more from women than sex.

next question.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cruise said:
It's called Pick Up Artists who don't want anything more from women than sex.

next question.
Good point esp since women routinely pass up the good guys who mean them well for jerks.

SN'

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because people have this stupid idea to rush to get married and have children, they get divorced easily when they don't even know the person they are getting married. It's all society brainwash

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We should all really just chalk this one up to "It's just a change in society as time goes on". The reason for there being so many single parents in america is just the product of a combination of things that happen in the world leading to the situation. The list of reasons is lengthy at best, and some of the reasons maybe too minute for any of us to realize and concider.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
We should all really just chalk this one up to "It's just a change in society as time goes on". The reason for there being so many single parents in america is just the product of a combination of things that happen in the world leading to the situation. The list of reasons is lengthy at best, and some of the reasons maybe too minute for any of us to realize and concider.
Yeah, but that's just taking a passive attitude. Look at the statistics of what happens when a child grows up without a father. Almost EVERY aspect of their lives are affected negatively. They're many times more likely to do poorly in school, become teen parents themselves, have a lower income, and even end up in jail.

To just "chalk it up" is to sit by and watch as society destroys itself. And while it may just do that, I think people should at least make an attempt to correct things. I don't think it's a completely lost cause yet.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
frivolousz21 said:
where is daddy?

Now that's a question that doesn't get asked much around here. It's so easy to demonize the single mothers...but for every single mother there is an absent father. A good many of them don't pay child support and whine like little biotches at the prospect of having to pay it. Meanwhile, the single mother is doing her best to take care of that kid on her own while being unfairly and harshly judged as if it's all her fault that she's a single mother. It takes two to make a baby and she didn't get herself pregnant. The absent father thinks he has it so bad...but he has no clue how good he has it compared to his kid and it's mother. They have NO IDEA what having it bad is until they've had to live a day in the life of a single mother getting public assistance because Daddy won't man up and help support his kid.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it seems a lot of guys here have good resources...as in good parental income...and the ones whove been threw trials as a teenager or kid.

have much more respect for when things go wrong.

but the arrogent men here arent really men at all

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two... no wait THREE girls whom I knew in Secondary school were pregnant in my final year there, now considering there was only about 20 - 25 girls in my year, thats quite a large number thinking about it.

To make it simple, there came from poor backgrounds where no one cares about properly showing them these things, now let me tell you, this was where my Mega - AFCness back then probably saved my ass cos if I had being being a born PUA, I'd say I'd be a father by now! :nervous: But trust me, if it did / does happen to me ( I'm still young, you know! ) I would face up to what I did.

Also, what about Date Rape? Happens to some women, thats being irresponsible for ya! Some Jerk spikes her drink and you know the rest. These Jerks, even if they're going together, would be probably be gone if they get the girl pregnant.

Just my two cents.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, well back to the original question of, why? I researched a bit because the questions was really starting to bug me. Turns out that the number of single mothers has increased, "An estimated 10 million single mothers live in the United States, 25 percent more than in 1990 and more than three times the 1970 total." (http://www.daytondailynews.com/life/content/life/daily/0316singlemoms.html).

Later in the article, a sociologist is quoted to say that being a single mother has been unstigmatized, meaning it isn't looked down upon anymore. Therefore, it does make sense that there would be more single mothers in this day and age, since times are changing. Especially when there are so many single mother celebs out there being glorified.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
lol...been there with the laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo and soap. Ever had to use coffee filters for toilet paper? Or the free newspapers? Big fun. Oh yeah...those welfare receiving single mothers are living it up big time...doing their laundry in the bathtub and getting blisters on their hands from wringing out the clothes by hand, and blow drying their toddler's training pants with the hairdryer because you have to try to potty train them early because those pullups are a luxury. You have to be damn resourceful, have a hell of a good sense of humor and learn to deal with all the idiots who accuse you of being lazy and taking tax payer handouts while the kids' father is off partying and complaining about how tough he has it because the mother of his kid wants him to pay child support and if he pays it he might not be able to go to the bar as much. Meanwhile that single mom is wiping his kid's ass off with dampened store brand coffee filters someone gave her and sales fliers she got in the mail because she doesn't have the money for toilet paper or wipes until the first of the month, at which time she'll have to choose between **** tickets and laundry detergent. Oh yeah...that's the life.
i found out that when i couldnt afford a colonder to drain hamburger meat when making spegetti, you could put coffee filters on a plate and they made the best papertowel subsitute.
i also found out that toothpaste will wash any white clothes you have.
nothing cleans like clorox, so when you are broke, thats one of the only cleaning supplies you buy.
remember that vinegar you bought at easter to dye the eggs? mix it with water and wipe the windows. no need to windex!
i stole toliet paper from work and at one time i had a key that turned the washers and dryers on and it was a way of survival.

knew what day of the week our local winndixie carted out food they were about to throw in the dumpster. stuff that didnt sale on dented can week and diary and meat that expired the day before. they would leave it in the carts for a few minutes before dumping it for anyone who wanted it.