Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

why I have difficulty believing in the increasing value with age myth

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR said:
I think I was part of that 17% of omega males who got ignored for older men when I was 18-34, now if I stay single I will be part of the 35+ crowd of older men who will get ignored by the women who ignored me earlier because I was too young when it was trendy to date older guys. Great timing huh?
AFC's, men who are married, and guys like you who have this ridiculous notion that they are "washed up" after 30 leave lots of women of all ages for guys like me.

Thanks! You rock :rockon:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, washed out women reinforcing feminine social conventions amongst themselves in order to affirm each other, how novel.

Got anymore anecdotal evidence? I'm not quite convinced.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Steven, Congrats! I believe you have won the AFC gold medal.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this isn't my imagination that women no longer want older men
More like it's usually older women who don't want even older men.

Did you notice she wrote:

"ps I am now dating a man my own age"

And this is ONE woman writing.

Let's hear what Lauren Bacall had to say about Bogie.
Or what Bo Derek thought about John.

And those are just two of the famous ones.

So, yeah it's your perspective, your world view.
We both live in the same world and I see something totally different.
So it must be our perspectives.

I also get the feeling she's full of shyt in much of what she wrote. She says that she's been "divorced 20 yrs. no men my age wanted me all this time" meaning that when she got divorced at 28, no 28 year olds wanted her? She must be gross, younger guys she claims to have gone out with, if she really did (because you really have to wonder why she's so hostile and insistent and appears to have all these census stats concerning guys dating around their own age if indeed she was getting dates from hard bodied young studs for 20 years) probably saw her as easy pickings, maybe they were drunk late night booty calls with the ugly girl or the girl with the obnoxious/hostile personality or maybe, as she implies in one of her posts, she used her money to buy male attention, and she finally found a desperate enough older guy who'll put up with her crap after twenty l-o-n-g years. (note: Keep up that mind set of yours Steve, and chances are you could be that lucky guy some day. That's where they come from.)

I remember once though I got an email from some woman online through a dating website I was on, blasting me for having a younger then my own age parameter for the women I was seeking. She, of course was older, older then me as a matter of fact (have you noticed this tongue lashing usually comes from older unattractive bitter women?) and yet, somewhere in her email, as she rants on, she mentions how great she is, how good she looks at her age blah blah and how because of how hot she is, guys like me are missing out on that fine stuff BECAUSE she only dates younger guys. Excuse me? She got so worked up in her email that what she wrote to try and slight me actually betrayed her entire argument. What a feminidiot.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a rotten mood when I posted this last night. Not sure why I was, I guess reading those articles put me in the rotten mood when I have no reason to be atm.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me, that the writers of those articles are older women who have money. When they claim they can get younger men, they are the male equivilant of a golddigger.

That's hardly real statistics. Sure, older women with money can claim the male versions of Anna Nicole Smith. They have always been able to. This is not a new trend. Remember the movie ****tail? That was early 80's.

Also, if it is an online thing, people have guidelines that they would overlook in real life under the right circumstances. If I were to place an online ad, I would put my age ranges between 25 and 33. I would date a chick older than that in a heartbeat, if she were hot enough. I bagged a hb8.5 that was 42 a couple halloweens ago. But, they are rare, and I wouldnt want to weed through them all online. Same thing for a woman, Im sure. That has nothing to do with what she would go for or not, in real life. Dont worry about what they say they want online. Dont worry about what a chick SAYS she wants period, actually.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR said:
I was in a rotten mood when I posted this last night. Not sure why I was, I guess reading those articles put me in the rotten mood when I have no reason to be atm.
You are a chump.

Nothing you read or write will change that, until you open your mind.

You're where I was, about 3 years ago. I feel sorry for you, but the only thing that will help you get better is making fun of you.

Thanks for understanding.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't claim to be a Don Juan, I know I am an AFC, and have a problem with mood swings and such, so whatever. You would have the right to make fun of me if I had over 2000 posts giving advice like I was some sort of dating guru, but I am not doing that.

bsthatcher

Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically older, divorced women have given up on any sort of family life and have bought into the myth of happiness found in life as portrayed on Sex and the City and elsewhere. The evolution mindset has really pervaded American thought everywhere and as such the older male is unavoidably seen as 'less fit' than the younger counterpart.

Don't worry about these women. They just don't get it. They are not happy as far as I'm aware, and they may go their entire lifetime in search of something other than traditionalism. They are brainwashed everywhere from television to radio that traditionalism is for suckers.

There are plenty of other women who seek out traditional masculine values for themselves and for their children. Seek out these women. You are most likely not going to find them on Match.com.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR said:
I don't claim to be a Don Juan, I know I am an AFC, and have a problem with mood swings and such, so whatever. You would have the right to make fun of me if I had over 2000 posts giving advice like I was some sort of dating guru, but I am not doing that.
You recognize that your thinking is incorrect, yet you come on here trying to convince us or yourself or WHOEVER that it is correct. I don't get it.

Maybe instead of writing all of this self defeating crap you should start working on getting yourself out of that mindset?

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR said:
Is the implication here that you would like to assume a more masculine frame of self-worth?

What is your goal?

Juando

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The past few months I've met and made a sincere effort to connect with four women in the 45-55 bracket, with dismal results- nice ladies for the most part but varying degrees of unavailability, games, high maintenance, etc.

Just got home tonight from cuddling with a 28 year old who took me out to dinner, invited me to her place for "dessert" and a massage.
I saw her last night, had a great time and made no plans but she got me off my ladder (painting) tonight because she wanted to see me again.

Last Friday was with a 24 yr old, yummy cutie. First date went to hear music came to my place and had to kick her out at 3am- she was teaching at 9am.
Actually went to a movie with her last night AFTER my movie and dinner w/the 28 yr old.

Spent V-day with an old lady, 33 yr. old Asian beauty who took me out for pizza, video later.

I could go on, had not planned on blabbing here, not bragging, but just had to put it out there- it may be just me but I'm just plain having more success with the younger more attractive women, even after and despite giving the mature ones a chance.

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP:

dunno....I mean, I'm not in top shape (trying to change that) but I know that I look better and younger than most women my age. I look at a most 35+ year old women and think "What would I want with HER?" I'm not even that attracted to most 30+ women. And there are no "mitigating factors' with women. It's either you're young and hot or you are aging and your stock is tanking regardless of your looks.

Us men have it sooooo much better than women after 30. All of these mitigating factors make us more desirable by the day.
80% of the skin aging is due to the effect of the sun, I guess. Men do look younger because their skin and head produces more oil, which protects from sun a little bit. Besides, masculine hormones(which men have around 20 times more than women) also make the skin more hard, which also helps in making men aging slower.
Also, research have comproved that caloric restriction retards aging as well, so,the less you eat, the younger you look.

I have noticed that even when men certain age do have more expression marks than women the same age, overall, the quality of the skin when you look very close is VERY different, being the women much worse, specially when the woman is too white.
(so if you plan to stay with a woman for the rest of your life, the darker the skin the better)