Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why I dont do coffee the first date

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Ok its basically common advice/knowledge to go on a coffee date with a chick for the first time meeting, I say F that. Going for coffee is fine for friends, girlfriends and acquaintances. In my opinion it is a bit too "formal" and interview like. The atmosphere is just not there. Plus think about what your subconciously saying...that you have time in the middle of your day to just go have casual coffee somewhere? HELL NO, if you are a man of the globe and doing important sh1t you dont have time to mope around in a coffee shop, your in and your out, coffee can be drank on the go.

If I am having a beverage with a female it will have alcohol in it, and so will hers. Its just better all around. It is completely casual, I mean afterall we are indulging in alcohol. It will loosen everyones inhibitions/break the ice as well. Is it something I rely on? Hell no but its just an "adult" ritual to me. Thats what we do, we go have a drink and conversate.

Add to the fact that it will likely be in the evening if not at night, it sets the scene better then a daytime coffee shop filled with hipsters writing out their memoirs and loud annoying book clubs comprised by a gaggle of middle aged women or any other coffee shop annoyances.

You take a girl to a nice lounge or a hole in the wall bar, something with some soul and you have a couple drinks. This is seduction. Yes you are using alcohol but its not like your freaking spiking her drink. I would not compare this to using alcohol to gain courage in the clubs. I have a feeling some might try and draw a comparison but I am going to premptively call that out right here on the spot. Plus I actually like to drink and have a taste for high quality alcohol so this screens out chicks who dont "approve" or "like" drinking.

I realize this isnt a possibility with you guys under 21...just keep it in mind for future reference.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There more to life than alcohol, if a girl is attracted to you she will let you kiss her without inducing alcohol in her drink. Coffee dates are much better because it is neutral territory and both people can easily speak to each other, without having loud music blasting your ears.

Also for people who are frugal with money like me, coffee dates are inexpensive, and there lots of possibilities for escalating the date without spending money. How about walking around the city or park nearby, then rest near a bench with her arm around you.

PS: I'm 21

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I love coffee, I would much rather have coffee than alcohol. But to each his own.

It's your preference, but the idea of the coffee date is that it's short and takes little investment on your time and hers. It's a way of gaining trust and getting to know each other. It's something you could do on your lunch hour (in case your job frowns on you having liquor on your breath). Also, coffee gets your heart rate up, and she may associate this feeling of excitement with you. I guess you could say that about alcohol too.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee stains your teeth. I would just take the chick for a walk in a park or something if I felt me coming to her place or her coming to mine wasn't an option, but it always is really. I did have one, once who wouldnt come inside, yet blew me in the parking lot oddly enough.

Here's something I've done a few times: Get a bottle of wine, a grill, some steaks and onions and a yellow squash. Take her ass to a park and grill some veggies in foil. After the veggies are almost done, throw the steaks on and put some wine on them (it doesnt really do anything but women seem to think it does). Make sure yo bring silverweak and plates. It's a cheap date. Then say let's go watch a movie and take her back to the pad.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian said:
Ok its basically common advice/knowledge to go on a coffee date with a chick for the first time meeting, I say F that. Going for coffee is fine for friends, girlfriends and acquaintances. In my opinion it is a bit too "formal" and interview like. The atmosphere is just not there. Plus think about what your subconciously saying...that you have time in the middle of your day to just go have casual coffee somewhere? HELL NO, if you are a man of the globe and doing important sh1t you dont have time to mope around in a coffee shop, your in and your out, coffee can be drank on the go.

If I am having a beverage with a female it will have alcohol in it, and so will hers. Its just better all around. It is completely casual, I mean afterall we are indulging in alcohol. It will loosen everyones inhibitions/break the ice as well. Is it something I rely on? Hell no but its just an "adult" ritual to me. Thats what we do, we go have a drink and conversate.

Add to the fact that it will likely be in the evening if not at night, it sets the scene better then a daytime coffee shop filled with hipsters writing out their memoirs and loud annoying book clubs comprised by a gaggle of middle aged women or any other coffee shop annoyances.

You take a girl to a nice lounge or a hole in the wall bar, something with some soul and you have a couple drinks. This is seduction. Yes you are using alcohol but its not like your freaking spiking her drink. I would not compare this to using alcohol to gain courage in the clubs. I have a feeling some might try and draw a comparison but I am going to premptively call that out right here on the spot. Plus I actually like to drink and have a taste for high quality alcohol so this screens out chicks who dont "approve" or "like" drinking.

I realize this isnt a possibility with you guys under 21...just keep it in mind for future reference.
Totally agree. I hate coffee shops. Every time I drive by a crowded coffee shop I wonder what the hell these people do with their lives that they have enough time to lounge around a coffee shop all day.

Kissing with coffee breath kinda sucks too.